uh dk pls

death knight

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 dookieballer

dookieballer
  • Members

Posted 15 August 2013 - 04:12 AM

i got a dk to 90 recently and ive been practicing in random bgs for a while as uh after watching some guides on youtube such as reinhartdarussian swifty etc.
right now heres my plan: i go in and try to convert my stuff to death runes usually by 2 festering strikes after i get plagues on someone
-outbreak, festeringx2, scourgex2
then i want to get my stacks up so i can use dark transformation, but u cant do this with a full bar of rp, so i either spam death coil on enemy and have none for healing, spam them on my pet so that i get the points back and maybe get the stacks faster but still having none to heal myself, or healing myself with them and lichborne asap but then not having lichborne later (this is mostly why im here because i cant think of how good players plan on getting both dark transformation and gargoyle out since both cost RP by spamming death coil for stacks and then +40 for gargoyle)
so now its like -outbreak, festeringx2, scourgex2, deathcoil spam(idk where) ????lose target somehow, spam necrotics or scourges for rp and then dark transformation and then more useless spamming until i have gargoyle and then festerings because im out of death runes
im gearing atm cause im basically fresh (484 of worthless pve gear because malevolent will get replaced but i have 3 pieces + trinket, no tyranical which i cant get cause my server is dead (firetree) and because gearing is shit

so this means basically that in arena when i do try to get conq points me or my partner cant stay alive for me to even figure out how to get my burst ready (i havent played with a healer yet but my server is dead and its not like i have tyrannical gear to spam that i have in trade)

1) how do u plan on getting out dt + gargoyle
2) how do u stay alive to get them out or get them out and still be able to stay alive

#2 dookieballer

dookieballer
  • Members

Posted 15 August 2013 - 04:14 AM

i used to play bm hunter where u can just burst with 1 button but this is not the case for dks

#3 Covlol

Covlol
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Fury 0/2/1/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 1609
  • 3v3: 2413
  • 5v5: 2261
  • RBG: 1787

Posted 15 August 2013 - 09:32 AM

Unholy requires some ramp up time to get its full burst potential out, this is something you just have to deal with. One thing that does certainly help is that gargoyle no longer costs RP (that is live right now).

As far as your question, really do what your doing, keep diseases up use death coil as the situation fits, dmg/heals, and keep getting your death runes and blood tap stacks for the necrotics.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Lvl 1 Dk Legend Covlol

#4 dookieballer

dookieballer
  • Members

Posted 15 August 2013 - 06:26 PM

thx its frustrating without gear because i just get kited or get focused.
on another note is there anything i can do about getting kited by mage/hunter? i already have Will + trinket + Desecreated ground but non take off slows/roots etc
how should i use asphyxiate/ghoul stun?

#5 Djandawg

Djandawg
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Genjuros
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 15 August 2013 - 07:16 PM

Are you specced into Blood Tap?
Do you have it macro'd to your spells?

Edited by Djandawg, 15 August 2013 - 07:16 PM.

#6 Influence123

Influence123
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Unholy 1/0/2/2/0/2

Posted 15 August 2013 - 09:31 PM

How you play your a Unholy DK is very dependent on what comp you are facing.

Even your opener will change. If you are playing a comp where you will be doing a lot of hard swaps then you absolutely should not be using outbreak in your opener.

Regardless what your goal is your opener should involve you trying to get diseases up on their entire team. If you have no plans of swapping targets in the first 1 minute then I would suggest.

Outbreak - Icy Touch(x2) - Blood Boil (x2) - Scourge Strike(x2)

This gives you two chances to spread diseases so that you can start initial pressure.

If the group is grouped up I would suggest continued use of blood boil. This actually pushes quite a lot of AoE pressure.

If the group is not grouped up you have two choices. Pushing Scourge Strike or Necrotic Strike. How you balance out these two abilities makes a large difference in your gameplay. As a generalized statement I will generally push Scourge Strike more when I am outside of pushing for a kill.

On swaps and kills I will always push out a LOT of necrotic strikes using blood tap to push out a couple extra. Just make sure you do NOT use up your necrotics so fast that you build up a huge stack that you cannot refresh because you don't have another rune.

As for your questions

1. I do not have a plan necessarily for it. I only blindly use death coil on my pet unless I really need push some burst. Your main concern should be using these two while your procs and trinkets are up. The better your stats the harder your pets hits.

2. I feel like this is the most generalized question and has nothing to do with getting your pets out. How to survive as a DK.
   - Manage your Defensive Cooldowns correctly...if you are out stay close to LoS with your healer.
   - Prevent CC on your healer.
   - Learn the meaning of good positioning. Do not keep running away from your healer to stay on a target. If you keep dying because your healer is sitting in 30 sec of CC...that is most likely because your positioning pushed him into bad positioning.
   - Do not forget about death strike...if the team sits on you all game...keep ERW for extra death strikes. I cant tell you how many times that has saved me.

#7 dookieballer

dookieballer
  • Members

Posted 16 August 2013 - 01:01 AM

View PostDjandawg, on 15 August 2013 - 07:16 PM, said:

Are you specced into Blood Tap?
Do you have it macro'd to your spells?
yes to necrotic strike only

#8 dookieballer

dookieballer
  • Members

Posted 16 August 2013 - 01:11 AM

View PostInfluence123, on 15 August 2013 - 09:31 PM, said:

How you play your a Unholy DK is very dependent on what comp you are facing.

Even your opener will change. If you are playing a comp where you will be doing a lot of hard swaps then you absolutely should not be using outbreak in your opener.

Regardless what your goal is your opener should involve you trying to get diseases up on their entire team. If you have no plans of swapping targets in the first 1 minute then I would suggest.

Outbreak - Icy Touch(x2) - Blood Boil (x2) - Scourge Strike(x2)

This gives you two chances to spread diseases so that you can start initial pressure.

If the group is grouped up I would suggest continued use of blood boil. This actually pushes quite a lot of AoE pressure.

If the group is not grouped up you have two choices. Pushing Scourge Strike or Necrotic Strike. How you balance out these two abilities makes a large difference in your gameplay. As a generalized statement I will generally push Scourge Strike more when I am outside of pushing for a kill.

On swaps and kills I will always push out a LOT of necrotic strikes using blood tap to push out a couple extra. Just make sure you do NOT use up your necrotics so fast that you build up a huge stack that you cannot refresh because you don't have another rune.

As for your questions

1. I do not have a plan necessarily for it. I only blindly use death coil on my pet unless I really need push some burst. Your main concern should be using these two while your procs and trinkets are up. The better your stats the harder your pets hits.

2. I feel like this is the most generalized question and has nothing to do with getting your pets out. How to survive as a DK.
   - Manage your Defensive Cooldowns correctly...if you are out stay close to LoS with your healer.
   - Prevent CC on your healer.
   - Learn the meaning of good positioning. Do not keep running away from your healer to stay on a target. If you keep dying because your healer is sitting in 30 sec of CC...that is most likely because your positioning pushed him into bad positioning.
   - Do not forget about death strike...if the team sits on you all game...keep ERW for extra death strikes. I cant tell you how many times that has saved me.
thanks
also, it seems u would recommend saving a death rune for necrotic over spamming them all for more damage which is what i usually do, ill try changing this but i am really not used to how low the damage numbers seem from changing classes which i guess is why i want to spam in the first place.
i usually try to save gargoyle for dark transformation too, but ive seen people use it way before. how do u all suggest using this?

Thanks!

#9 dookieballer

dookieballer
  • Members

Posted 16 August 2013 - 01:12 AM

really thanks for the help i like this site ive looked here a lot for my hunter but asking actually helps so thanks

#10 dookieballer

dookieballer
  • Members

Posted 17 August 2013 - 09:00 PM

im new to melee i mean from a hunter so i guess im really asking now do u ever trinket slows/roots since nothing else gets them off but i am figuring it out i think

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: death knight

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<