• Curse Sites
Help

Fury PvP: Double 2Handers vs One2H+One1H?

Fury Warrior Burst

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Ownu

Ownu
  • Locationcal

Posted 14 August 2013 - 08:10 AM

I've been messing around with fury for a bit, its rather fun to go avatar interupting shout and Csmash+swiftymacro+bladestorm for crazy dual wielding bladestorm damage. While its mostly for fun, I still like to min-max when possible.

My question is, is it better to dual wield two-handed weapons, or to use one two-handed weapon in the main hand; and one one-handed weapon in the off-hand. At first glance you would say "duh, two handers" but the pvp power from the one hander isn't unique, and stacks with the pvp power from the two hander.

In current gear, I have 37.15% power using dual two handers.
When I swap to 2h/1h, I jump up to 44.90% power, a rather dramatic change.

So basically, is the ~8% power difference more powerful than the ~ 9.1k top end damage (619) DPS in theOff Hand.

Furthermore, if power is better in general, then would swapping to 2h/2h be better during bladestorm?

Interested in the discussion on this.

Edited by Ownu, 14 August 2013 - 08:10 AM.

#2 Pritchard

Pritchard
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/0/0

Posted 14 August 2013 - 08:29 AM

I tried out the 2h/1h combo, I wasn't a big fan of it.  It really lowers RB damage, and if i remember right from trying some bg's with it; it really only made bladestorm hit SLIGHTLY harder.

If anything I would say choose double 1h if playing dragon roar, and double 2h for anything else.  just my 2cents

#3 Ownu

Ownu
  • Locationcal

Posted 14 August 2013 - 08:38 AM

Hm I havent given 2x1h a thought, is the damage much different? I imagine its more for single target burst though

#4 Pritchard

Pritchard
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/0/0

Posted 14 August 2013 - 08:45 AM

Yea its really only good for dragon roar spec, if you can actually get a single target dragon roar off.  It makes executes hit pretty hard too.

I prefer 2h just for RB.

I haven't tried double 1h though since 5.3 came out, it may be better with all the gear being 496 now.  But either way, it's not worth it to mix them up, either double 1h or double 2h, just fool around and see what you like best.  Maybe grab 2 1h and just fool around with them in a bg and if you don't like it return them before the timer runs out.

#5 Ownu

Ownu
  • Locationcal

Posted 14 August 2013 - 08:53 AM

Okay sounds good, thanks for your help

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fury, Warrior, Burst

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<