• EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/2/1/1/1
  • 2v2: 1586
  • RBG: 384

Posted 09 August 2013 - 11:32 PM

Posted Image

You might not have to.

I'm still kinda worried that even if ALL damage is reduced, the super Killing Spree damage will still be the strongest thing we have. But most of the changes I've read about (haven't tested anything yet) seem encouraging for Sub and even Mutilate for those of you who like to hold W and do a PvE rotation ;)
Posted Image
@notoriousMWI
PvP-live.com & hydramist.tv - Interviews and articles.

#2 meshu

meshu
  • Djliquidnb
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Burning Legion
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/2/1/0/1
  • RBG: 2582

Posted 09 August 2013 - 11:42 PM

View Postmwibaby, on 09 August 2013 - 11:32 PM, said:

Posted Image

You might not have to.

I'm still kinda worried that even if ALL damage is reduced, the super Killing Spree damage will still be the strongest thing we have. But most of the changes I've read about (haven't tested anything yet) seem encouraging for Sub and even Mutilate for those of you who like to hold W and do a PvE rotation ;)
Dance damage is retarded on PTR too. I can literally 100-0 someone in dance with mark if they don't have defensives.

View PostAcerMVP, on 06 August 2013 - 01:39 PM, said:

You're a RBG hero, you have no say in Arenas. You only say this because you can kill some one with one button in RBG's and not be killed, sorry buddy, but RBGS =/= Arenas.
Please review signature rules: http://www.arenajunk...-rules-2272014/

#3 Qmonz

Qmonz
  • Members

Posted 10 August 2013 - 03:30 AM

You want ks dmg to get nerfd? Ok nerf ench asaendance aswell shamans are doing what we do on ptr on live.

#4 mwibaby

mwibaby
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/2/1/1/1
  • 2v2: 1586
  • RBG: 384

Posted 10 August 2013 - 03:35 AM

Sure, I'm all for that. I just don't want rogues to have combat as the best spec.
Posted Image
@notoriousMWI
PvP-live.com & hydramist.tv - Interviews and articles.

#5 Sitlol

Sitlol
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Gnomeregan
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Elemental 0/1/2/1/0/2

Posted 10 August 2013 - 05:04 AM

Just because it's best doesn't mean you have to play AS it, just enjoy playing against it man. Lasting all of that 30 seconds, lol

#6 shunke

shunke
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Fury 1/1/0/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 1760
  • 3v3: 2095
  • RBG: 957

Posted 10 August 2013 - 07:37 AM

View PostQmonz, on 10 August 2013 - 03:30 AM, said:

You want ks dmg to get nerfd? Ok nerf ench asaendance aswell shamans are doing what we do on ptr on live.

You can still diebythesword / evasion - disarm - grounding ascendance. Also you can cc shaman.
Not really defending ascendance but atleast you can do something if you have good reflex

#7 Perplex91

Perplex91
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Zenedar
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Subtlety 0/1/2/2/1/1
  • 2v2: 1496
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 10 August 2013 - 07:47 AM

Both Subtlety and Assassination will be good with gear scaling and buffs that we are getting.
On the other hand, combat will be a one-trick pony, so don't expect to see many people playing it (outside of low-mid MMR 2s).

#8 Vengeful95

Vengeful95

Posted 10 August 2013 - 08:53 AM

Just give back all our passives we had before and I'll be happy... Making combat/assa viable in PvP shares no interrests with me.
#R1 Rogue in several other mastrubating contests!

Drpro99 and Oscar9820 is the best people :333 anywhere everywhere. pls no ddoserino thx
Posted ImagePosted Image

Is this better? Drddoserpro

#9 Vengeful95

Vengeful95

Posted 10 August 2013 - 08:54 AM

View Postshunke, on 10 August 2013 - 07:37 AM, said:

You can still diebythesword / evasion - disarm - grounding ascendance. Also you can cc shaman.
Not really defending ascendance but atleast you can do something if you have good reflex

You can also shield wall in a KS unless you are stunned without a trinket.
#R1 Rogue in several other mastrubating contests!

Drpro99 and Oscar9820 is the best people :333 anywhere everywhere. pls no ddoserino thx
Posted ImagePosted Image

Is this better? Drddoserpro

#10 Cuban

Cuban
  • Members

Posted 10 August 2013 - 05:50 PM

Why can we have all three spec viable for once guys, I love sub but is fun to play something else other than sub for once atleast a few times during a season. Is crazy how Rogue community has gotten asking to nerf our own class base on ptr, while we are not even the top 3 meele class this season we are sh... without hunters and mages. Plus you think people are really going to play combat in 3s?  other than KS combat doesn't put out enough pressure.

#11 meshu

meshu
  • Djliquidnb
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Burning Legion
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/2/1/0/1
  • RBG: 2582

Posted 10 August 2013 - 05:59 PM

View PostCuban, on 10 August 2013 - 05:50 PM, said:

Why can we have all three spec viable for once guys, I love sub but is fun to play something else other than sub for once atleast a few times during a season. Is crazy how Rogue community has gotten asking to nerf our own class base on ptr, while we are not even the top 3 meele class this season we are sh... without hunters and mages. Plus you think people are really going to play combat in 3s?  other than KS combat doesn't put out enough pressure.
Combat and Sub will both be viable in 5.4. People just want adjustements so the thing doesn't go full retard.

View PostAcerMVP, on 06 August 2013 - 01:39 PM, said:

You're a RBG hero, you have no say in Arenas. You only say this because you can kill some one with one button in RBG's and not be killed, sorry buddy, but RBGS =/= Arenas.
Please review signature rules: http://www.arenajunk...-rules-2272014/

#12 Reirei

Reirei
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Assassination 2/2/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1952
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 August 2013 - 03:06 AM

View PostCuban, on 10 August 2013 - 05:50 PM, said:

because ppl don't want to deal with one shot shit, it is fun when you can do it but not fun on receiving side
shut up pvp guy

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Fire 0/2/1/1/1/0
  • 2v2: 2055
  • 3v3: 2436

Posted 12 August 2013 - 03:32 AM

Combat will never be viable just because of 1 huge burst window once every ''i dont even know the cd of killing spree''.
Sub was always and will always be the best spec.

#14 Snackumz

Snackumz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Destruction 0/1/2/2/2/1
  • RBG: 2455

Posted 12 August 2013 - 04:02 AM

stop whining dude

#15 Stealthsultn

Stealthsultn
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Combat 1/2/2/0/1/0
  • RBG: 1104

Posted 12 August 2013 - 08:34 PM

View PostYarmyxx, on 12 August 2013 - 03:32 AM, said:

Combat will never be viable just because of 1 huge burst window once every ''i dont even know the cd of killing spree''.

One huge burst window is true of sub as well mate.

Combat really has 2 burst windows with AR and KS and the CDs are about 2 minutes or less on each even if your off target (spec'd toss) because of restless blades.

AR is not a great burst CD but its somewhat underrated as most people just use it as a precursor to red buff KS. As it can be used to apply some solid pressure (all cred to woundman).

I don't really like killing spree, I wish combat had more sustained physical damage and revolved less around killing spree as I find combat's toolbox almost as varied and interesting as sub's.

Combat should be the physical sustained cousin to mutilate, because that is the role that its almost always filled.

I know what your trying to say, but sub was really that great until wrath (my memory might be flawed). Combat pretty much dominated TBC with HARP.

Point is that combat kinda gets shit on because of the control that dance offers despite its own history of being the go to rogue spec.

Edited by Stealthsultn, 13 August 2013 - 06:31 AM.

#16 discoepfeand

discoepfeand
  • Premium
  • Curse Premium

Posted 13 August 2013 - 03:32 AM

View PostStealthsultn, on 12 August 2013 - 08:34 PM, said:

I know what your trying to say, but sub was really that great until wrath (my memory might be flawed). Combat pretty much dominated vanilla and then there was HARP in TBC.

31/2/8 was a common vanilla spec.  My memory is totall gone as to what was in there, I just remember the numbers  (assuming seal-fate+top-level (vigor???)?.  Cold blood was the 21 point talent iirc).  Then when 2.0 came out before TBC, mutiliate was just ridiculous ridiculous ridiculous.

#17 Stealthsultn

Stealthsultn
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Combat 1/2/2/0/1/0
  • RBG: 1104

Posted 13 August 2013 - 06:23 AM

View Postdiscoepfeand, on 13 August 2013 - 03:32 AM, said:

31/2/8 was a common vanilla spec.  My memory is totall gone as to what was in there, I just remember the numbers  (assuming seal-fate+top-level (vigor???)?.  Cold blood was the 21 point talent iirc).  Then when 2.0 came out before TBC, mutiliate was just ridiculous ridiculous ridiculous.

http://www.wowprovid...020300303212100

OMG, throwback. Yeh, this shit mate. Dunno, was thinking combat swords, getting ahead of myself.

*Fixed

No pure spec dominated vanilla. Hybrids man!

#18 Oliaxz

Oliaxz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents:

Posted 26 August 2013 - 03:35 AM

Killing Spree is a 2min cd, but you got this passive :
Restless Blades : Your damaging finishing moves reduce the remaining cooldown of your Adrenaline Rush, Killing Spree, Redirect, Shadow Blades, and Sprint abilities by 2 sec per combo point.  

So if u arent a plate wearer and you dont have a defensive cooldown up then killing spree is gonna 100-0 you its garanteed. Dont forget that you cant peel a killing spree. So if your class cant just ''sit'' the killing spree and must pop a defensive cooldown in order to survive then it will be just like when Blind was on a 1.5 min cd during BC. People would just Blind, the guy trinket, then reset and wait 1.5min, blind again and score a kill. Nothing you could do about it. Its math. People will abuse killing spree in the same way next patch because of restless blades. So my guess is that you can do a killing spree about every minute. So good luck dealing with that as any comp.

Also assa spec is shit without the old puncture because if you dont crit then you dont get an extra combo pts from seal fate. Also the 30% chance to proc dispatch on mutilate and the 75% chance to gain 10 energy when rupture tick every 3s is the worst rng design ive ever seen. It just feels bad to play assa. You just sit there pooling energy all the time. Sometime forced to to do 3 mutilate for a 5 pts kidney if you get unlucky with crit (2+2+1), which equals to 165 energy + 25-35 for the finisher.

So yeah fuck you blizzard but thank god the hemo glyph is back

Edited by Oliaxz, 26 August 2013 - 03:59 AM.

#19 Antist

Antist
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Holy 1/0/0/2/0/0
  • RBG: 949

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:35 AM

Lord Woundman

#20 ROKMODE

ROKMODE

Posted 26 August 2013 - 07:18 AM

Sub was also not good in wrath until around s7/s8 when it got some buffs, but the main buffs had to do with the meta because sub was much better vs wizards than mut. Reckful brought up that reckful 1 magic and more rogues started changing
Expect bias in posts because
Wotlk is the best thing since sliced bread

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Killing Spree, Combat, Rogue, Swifty

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<