Jump to content

- - - - -

Smite! and why you should play it. (3v3 mode!)

Smite joust 3v3 arena

  • Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Footler

Footler
  • Members
  • Posts: 32

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:31 PM

Smite!  An up and coming big name in the MOBA market with its 3rd person perspective twist.  Why should you play it especially with bigger games with bigger scenes like Dota2 and LoL?

Rather than listing a bunch of reasons why I will just come out and say what sold me on this game:

3v3 Joust mode

This is a different mode from the standard 3 lane MOBA set up (known as 'conquest' in Smite).

In this mode there is only 1 lane and 3 structures to destroy to secure victory as well as your typical spawning minions.  The jungle is simpler and in my opinion better, the more standard jungle seen in conquest honestly never felt entirely put together in any of the MOBAs in my opinion.

These reasons make this mode great for players like myself because it puts an emphasis on 3v3 team fights while maintaining some of the strategy of conquest.

So, if you are a former WoW arena player that has been looking for a better alternative then please give this game a shot!  It is free to play much like LoL is.

Add me on the game!  My name ingame is Footler.

#2 treeqt

treeqt
  • Members
  • Posts: 8439

Posted 09 August 2013 - 10:16 PM

shut up
[20:05:48] ALEXIS JAGGER: I'd like to think
[20:05:51] ALEXIS JAGGER: I'm a modest person

#3 Footler

Footler
  • Members
  • Posts: 32

Posted 09 August 2013 - 10:30 PM

View Posttreeqt, on 09 August 2013 - 10:16 PM, said:

shut up

Play with meeeeeeeeeeeee

#4 Drazziefresh

Drazziefresh
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Posts: 266
  • Talents: Destruction
  • RBG: 384

Posted 09 August 2013 - 10:46 PM

View PostFootler, on 09 August 2013 - 09:31 PM, said:

Smite!  An up and coming big name in the MOBA market with its 3rd person perspective twist.  Why should you play it especially with bigger games with bigger scenes like Dota2 and LoL?

Rather than listing a bunch of reasons why I will just come out and say what sold me on this game:

3v3 Joust mode

This is a different mode from the standard 3 lane MOBA set up (known as 'conquest' in Smite).

In this mode there is only 1 lane and 3 structures to destroy to secure victory as well as your typical spawning minions.  The jungle is simpler and in my opinion better, the more standard jungle seen in conquest honestly never felt entirely put together in any of the MOBAs in my opinion.

These reasons make this mode great for players like myself because it puts an emphasis on 3v3 team fights while maintaining some of the strategy of conquest.

So, if you are a former WoW arena player that has been looking for a better alternative then please give this game a shot!  It is free to play much like LoL is.

Add me on the game!  My name ingame is Footler.
stop promoting that dumb game. Its a knock off of league of legends. no moba is going to be "bigger" than league for a very long time
pee in her butt br0

#5 treeqt

treeqt
  • Members
  • Posts: 8439

Posted 09 August 2013 - 10:52 PM

View Posttreeqt, on 09 August 2013 - 10:16 PM, said:

shut up

[20:05:48] ALEXIS JAGGER: I'd like to think
[20:05:51] ALEXIS JAGGER: I'm a modest person

#6 Footler

Footler
  • Members
  • Posts: 32

Posted 09 August 2013 - 10:58 PM

View PostDrazziefresh, on 09 August 2013 - 10:46 PM, said:

stop promoting that dumb game. Its a knock off of league of legends. no moba is going to be "bigger" than league for a very long time

I don't see much promotion for it and it honestly is more fun than Dota2 or LoL in my opinion.  Also, like I said, I'm pushing for the Joust mode the game has thus I feel there is room for a competitive scene to develop around that as opposed to directly competing with the other MOBAs.

I only promote the game because 1) WoW arenas have only gotten worse as time goes on and 2) Other games that were promising for PvP (GW2) failed to deliver on a massive scale.  I gave Smite a shot and enjoyed it so I got some arena buddies to play as well and they are liking it as well.  Seriously, I know it sounds like a small change to the existing MOBA set up but it has made all the difference in my opinion.

#7 Footler

Footler
  • Members
  • Posts: 32

Posted 09 August 2013 - 10:58 PM

View Posttreeqt, on 09 August 2013 - 10:52 PM, said:

shut up

View PostFootler, on 09 August 2013 - 10:30 PM, said:

Play with meeeeeeeeeeeee


#8 treeqt

treeqt
  • Members
  • Posts: 8439

Posted 09 August 2013 - 11:10 PM

View Posttreeqt, on 09 August 2013 - 10:16 PM, said:

shut up

[20:05:48] ALEXIS JAGGER: I'd like to think
[20:05:51] ALEXIS JAGGER: I'm a modest person

#9 Footler

Footler
  • Members
  • Posts: 32

Posted 10 August 2013 - 12:19 AM

View PostFootler, on 09 August 2013 - 10:58 PM, said:

Play with meeeeeeeeeeeee

View Posttreeqt, on 09 August 2013 - 11:10 PM, said:

shut up


#10 Forumz

Forumz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Posts: 1924
  • Talents: Shadow 2/1/1/1/./.
  • 2v2: 2728
  • 3v3: 2279
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 768

Posted 11 August 2013 - 10:16 PM

I used to play it, it's basically LoL with a, in my opinion, more enjoyable character control. Not as popular nor balanced however.
Posted Image

#11 Footler

Footler
  • Members
  • Posts: 32

Posted 11 August 2013 - 11:03 PM

View PostForumz, on 11 August 2013 - 10:16 PM, said:

I used to play it, it's basically LoL with a, in my opinion, more enjoyable character control. Not as popular nor balanced however.
You should give it a shot again.  The 3v3 Joust is fairly new and I am hoping they add an organized ladder for it.

#12 Regent

Regent

Posted 12 August 2013 - 08:53 PM

View PostDrazziefresh, on 09 August 2013 - 10:46 PM, said:

stop promoting that dumb game. Its a knock off of league of legends. no moba is going to be "bigger" than league for a very long time

This is probably the dumbest post I have seen on the internet in the last 12 years.

#13 BaklivaX

BaklivaX
  • Members
  • Posts: 4598
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 13 August 2013 - 11:31 PM

View PostDrazziefresh, on 09 August 2013 - 10:46 PM, said:

Its a knock off of league of legends.no moba is going to be "bigger" than league for a very long time
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA ROFL
Posted Image

#14 Ayrasaurus

Ayrasaurus
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Posts: 3869
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2379
  • LocationYorkshire mates

Posted 14 August 2013 - 08:05 AM

Good game bought the god pack been playing it since early beta. Gets boring quick unlike league/dota/hon though if you don't have people to play with.

Solo wise it's pretty much unplayable imo. Also the skill ceiling on the game is painfully low with CS not being as important as it is in other MOBA games.

Edited by Ayrasaurus, 14 August 2013 - 08:06 AM.



Posted Image


emotional

Posted Image

Thaya Ayra Omegatfwnogfboys2k15


#15 Forumz

Forumz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Posts: 1924
  • Talents: Shadow 2/1/1/1/./.
  • 2v2: 2728
  • 3v3: 2279
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 768

Posted 14 August 2013 - 11:36 AM

View PostAyrasaurus, on 14 August 2013 - 08:05 AM, said:

Good game bought the god pack been playing it since early beta. Gets boring quick unlike league/dota/hon though if you don't have people to play with.

Solo wise it's pretty much unplayable imo. Also the skill ceiling on the game is painfully low with CS not being as important as it is in other MOBA games.

Both valid points. I feel like the CS couldn't possibly be like other games though, seeing as even your autoattacks are skillshots in Smite.
Posted Image

#16 Footler

Footler
  • Members
  • Posts: 32

Posted 14 August 2013 - 04:23 PM

View PostAyrasaurus, on 14 August 2013 - 08:05 AM, said:

Good game bought the god pack been playing it since early beta. Gets boring quick unlike league/dota/hon though if you don't have people to play with.

Solo wise it's pretty much unplayable imo. Also the skill ceiling on the game is painfully low with CS not being as important as it is in other MOBA games.

I think that is actually one of the things I like more about this game, less emphasis on creeps.  I know that is sort of an integral part of MOBAs but I think Smite does a decent job of making up for it in other areas of the game.  LoL was a fun game but last I checked it only had 2 or 3 modes to play in.  Smite has quite a bit more and that makes it easy to jump into games with at least a semi organized group of players. 1 or 2 friends on = Joust, 2-3 friends on = Domination or Arena, 4 friends = Conquest.  Plus there is also a 1v1 Joust mode as well as a daily rotating gimmicky mode (ie Thor only conquest, 100k gold start conquest, etc).

Also, last hitting effectively in Smite will still set you apart from lesser players but it just isn't as significant.  Plus in joust clearing one lane of creeps with 3 people is a bit different than someone soloing mid lane in conquest.  Joust in general is much more fast paced than conquest.

#17 livejamie

livejamie
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 92
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/2/0/1
  • 2v2: 2215
  • 3v3: 2763
  • 5v5: 2105
  • RBG: 2046
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted 15 October 2013 - 05:13 AM

Smite has an actual arena system now and is coming out with organized arena with ELO matching, divisions (bronze, gold, silver, etc), draft picking with bans, etc.

More info about the arena system: http://www.reddit.co..._league_system/

Smite video:


I'd love to get some people together to play, maybe get a guild together or something?
Posted Image





Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Smite, joust, 3v3, arena

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<