• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Lightninghoof
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/0/2/1/0
  • RBG: 2049
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 09 August 2013 - 05:15 PM

So while there are plenty of things to look at in this game to make it balanced and more fun, racials seem like a topic that would be one of the easier to tackle. Now over the course of the meta game we call arena and with the introduction of rbgs rules, mechanics, arena/bg maps, and racials have been changed as the game progresses. New people come into play others leave the game for a number of reasons. Ideas that seemed good at one point down the line needed to be changed talent trees, glyphs, and the ways stats work to name a few. With racials not being usable in arenas or rbgs I feel like this would be step to help make balance easier.

So while the way arena and rbgs are played is very different, I will just talk about arenas for now. One of the current problems with arena at the moment is stacking damage and damage procs. Since I play an orc hunter I will use it  as an example. Currently with an orc bm hunter you can stack engineering, orc racial, dmg increase from bw, two proc trinkets, scope proc, 4 piece bonus, pet buffs, and any buffs your teammates give you. Now granted I don't have access to a wow atm so I can't add up the damage mods all together. Other classes and specs can do the same thing, but it doesn't make it ok.

So you might be thinking why don't they just nerf certain abilities stacking and leave racials alone. Well it is not just dmg that is a problem, but  racials that get you out of cc as well. Undead being a prime example. Lets pretend that Monks are the best melee in the game, remember pretending. So the undead monk has a trinket, wotf, and nimble brew? If you are a warlock trying to get him off of you or a teammate will be pointless. While I also don't agree with extra trinkets like nimble brew, bw, and desacrated ground. I'm prefectly fine with bubble and ice block because they give up a defensive to use it as a trinket if they wish. That is another topic all together, however.

I'm going to wrap this up now because I could give plenty more examples, but this is already turning into a tldr for some of you with attention spans of a first grader. If they just made racials unusable in arena. It would be much easier for them to attempt to balance the game. You would also see more races which would keep things fresh. Some of you will say racials keep things interresting, but taking less variables out of an equation makes it easier to solve. In this case the equation being balance.

This is just my quick thoughts on the matter. For another topic, I think they need to remove symb from druids and give them a different ability, or make it unusable in area. It would not be the first time a class' new ability for an expansion was usless in pvp.

Edited by Dagin, 09 August 2013 - 08:17 PM.

Signature removed
"Too Big"- Nerd Vexo
Sorry guys too big
Dale
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=m-gVxKrzb4g
Posted Image

#2 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 09 August 2013 - 05:37 PM

Posted ImagePosted Image never forget

View Postjustchecking, on 10 November 2014 - 11:58 PM, said:

Going to blizzcon looking for a fight is like going to the official wow arena forums for pvp advice :)

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

#3 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • LocationRussia

Posted 09 August 2013 - 06:14 PM

View PostBraindance, on 09 August 2013 - 05:37 PM, said:

Still haven't. http://www.worldofwa...-0-0-0-2-0.html
Default UI Scripts - Compilation & how-to

#4 Atkinson

Atkinson
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 192

Posted 10 August 2013 - 10:33 AM

View PostBraindance, on 09 August 2013 - 05:37 PM, said:

I miss humans old shadowsight buff :( to many stealth now.
Vaporware @ tichondrius - Goblin Deathknight

#5 Abidalzim

Abidalzim
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Enhancement 0/2/0/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1878
  • 3v3: 2351
  • 5v5: 864

Posted 10 August 2013 - 11:27 AM

Removing racials would be a buff to ferals. :D
Zaka pa te če naja morš te ne, te pa če pa te ne čuj, kaj te to te je, ne?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<