Healbøt
  • Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Elemental 2/1/2/2/1/2

Posted 07 August 2013 - 07:45 PM

Hey, I'm about to start my ele shaman on the long grind to 300 wins for worthless achievement points. Haven't really been able to find much info on how to play one in an RBG. Right now the only thing I know for sure is Earthquake and Magma on flags to spin, I don't know what glyphs/talents I need and do I spam CL or LB. Haste or Mastery?

Oh and is a pve trinket best or pvp on use?

#2 Hippopotamus

Hippopotamus
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 2455
  • 3v3: 2961
  • 5v5: 2475
  • RBG: 2036

Posted 07 August 2013 - 07:59 PM

lava burst

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Fire 0/2/2/2/1/2
  • RBG: 2573

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:27 PM

i take it that you are starting your grind to 300wins from 0 & you are fairly new to Rbgs so heres some basic's

You basicly get an /assist macro to W/E is the main target caller, most grps have 2-3 or more backing him up, but anyways you will be doing your own rotation or somthing, and if he calls out like DK no ams swap in 3,2.1, just hex a healer during this time and use your assist macro on swap and chain some lava burst procs into hes head and 1shot him, and dont forgett to put one of the 2healers that you didint cc on focus fastly just to shock their heal or w/e to stop the healing... but eitherway most ppl trian healers with swaps so shud be good, also im not sure if chain lightning is good if they are stacked or not ( was in s11 )

Its very important to be the team player here, if he calls a swap, swap with him, i often see ppl doing their own thing thinking, hey theres 4-5others swaping, i dont need to do that, but thats wrong, if the enemy dont die they are often at 1-10% and then topped/immunte to damage. if you were there hed be dead. but i cant talk for eles, i just know that moonkins tab dot stuff and cyclone something in those 3sec before a hard swap

PS: if you know theres going to be heavy damage input towards your team, put a healing totem down, try stop those CCs with grounding, maybe shock/hex offensive to stop the damage if you know they are going to swap in just a few secs on for example your paladin that has no bouble etc, you get the feel after a few rbgs, just try to record your games/take prints of the scoreboard(mid/end) to see what you/your team could have done better during that match.

EDIT: dont forgett that if you see an enemy overextending, poking your healers or has no Cds/trinket and could go down, just call it out, most of the time the "Dk, thats usualy your main TC" cant keep track of what cds everyone has, or if someone is standing on your healers or something, so let your raid Know if you see a good target to go for.

Glyphs i would say would be :Sham Rage because, its basicly a free trinket :), maybe lightning shield if you feel you are geting focused alot, with maybe cap totem to move into stun on the enemy team.

Trinkets most ppl do use Tyranical with an On use Pve( shield wall quest hub?) or the darkmoon proc one.
http://www.wowhead.com/item=93259

Talents

Nature's Guardian

Earthgrab Totem

Totemic Projection

Ancestral Swiftness

Healing Tide Totem

Elemental Blast

you could ofc replace the talent and go with Duplicating one, depends how you play.

Rotation lava burst of cd over Chain lightning.

Reforges should be the same for rbgs that they are for Arenas.

Sorry for the wall of text. this is what i know of shamans, it may not be perfect but it should be a start :) GL rbg'ing

Edited by Zerlog, 07 August 2013 - 08:45 PM.

#4 Moreudirl

Moreudirl
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/1/0/2/2
  • RBG: 2481

Posted 08 August 2013 - 03:42 AM

dont worry about padding chain lightnings, focus on spreading flameshocks and bursting with your team

#5 Downslol

Downslol
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Barthilas
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 08 August 2013 - 05:38 AM

Bind flame shock to 1 and lava burst to 2 then do the following

1-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-1-2-2-2-2-2-2

#6 Healbøt

Healbøt
  • Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Elemental 2/1/2/2/1/2

Posted 09 August 2013 - 01:38 AM

Wow, thanks a lot Noblock and others. Very helpful!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<