Arena Junkies was shut down on July 1st, 2018. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2018-06-25 at 21:24. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Photo

Resto druid vs 3s dps

LSD Ferals GodComp

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 playtoshift93

playtoshift93
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Retribution 1/2/2/2/2/.

Posted 06 August 2013 - 11:41 PM

Evening AJ,

Havnt played resto druid since MLD in Ruthless season (2300 (2450ish mmr),

Started playing with ex glad lock etc in LSD (2200 atm).

Feel like im letting the side down because;

1)

When there are Ferals i do feel like the bitch of the relationship

2)

Comps such as god comp train me all game long and after 10 or so minutes they will score a kill because no trinket/no skin etc. (obvs saving skin for df but sometimes u dont have it)

3)

Just feeling pretty squishy, prehots dont seem to matter when i die in 5 seconds.

If there is anyone who plays druid successfully in this combo any advice would be grately appreciated, and if anyone loses to LSD as jungle/beast/godcomp please let me know what they do :).

Cheers in advance

Ben

Edited by playtoshift93, 06 August 2013 - 11:41 PM.

#2 TteSPORTSDoomsen

TteSPORTSDoomsen
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/0/0/2/0/.
  • 2v2: 2477
  • 3v3: 3080
  • RBG: 2541
  • LocationTyskland

Posted 07 August 2013 - 12:26 AM

LSD is probably the easiest and most forgive-able comp I have played this season. The playstyle is quite strict and simple: Play healbot in the back of the arena and win against most of the teams.

The strategy of most godcomps vs: LSD seems to be killing the resto druid, which is you in that case. To avoid that you go back to what I wrote before - playing healbot in the back -. Every 30 seconds they have the chance to go on you with a deep, 15 seconds before skin is ready. So all you need to do to win is, to play really really defensive and dont show yourself anywhere close to them. If they can't swap on you that often they wont win and if your game goes for 10 minutes, the opponents healers mana should be as dry as the sahara and your teammates should have landed a kill by then. Basically you should win by just pve'ing everything that comes in your LoS.

Since I'm quite tired I'll just briefly go in that beast/junglecleave part:

Make sure for yourself, that you get the Glyph of Regrowth and put on mastery trinkets instead of the spirit ones, since you will literally need all healing that you can get.
Your warlocks needs to get his Gateway through in the opener, which is the most important thing; facing those comps without having a gateway up to escape from their cds will make your life to hell. You need to line-up your defensive cds as good as possible to live through the heavy faces, once that is done you can start doing insane pressure for a while. Don't forget to replace your mushrooms, you can easily stack them vs. cleaves just by giving everyone a rejuvenation. Killing the hunter pet really helps a lot to make them go defensive and give yourself more space to breath. Playing with a sacr. imp will help you a lot to get out of the cc they have - most likely trap in that case or a psyfiend/normal fear. Go again on what ever is coming into you. Kill targets can be everyone in both comps. What we did is most likely swap on Feral once he came to us with a bash. eventho the priest might be free in that moment you will surely still force a skin or maybe a trinket if your elemental gets some of his casts out.

Turned out to be more text than I expected it to be.

hope i helped you a bit with it.

Edited by TteSPORTSDoomsen, 07 August 2013 - 12:31 AM.

#3 playtoshift93

playtoshift93
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Retribution 1/2/2/2/2/.

Posted 07 August 2013 - 02:13 AM

LSD is probably the easiest and most forgive-able comp I have played this season. The playstyle is quite strict and simple: Play healbot in the back of the arena and win against most of the teams.

The strategy of most godcomps vs: LSD seems to be killing the resto druid, which is you in that case. To avoid that you go back to what I wrote before - playing healbot in the back -. Every 30 seconds they have the chance to go on you with a deep, 15 seconds before skin is ready. So all you need to do to win is, to play really really defensive and dont show yourself anywhere close to them. If they can't swap on you that often they wont win and if your game goes for 10 minutes, the opponents healers mana should be as dry as the sahara and your teammates should have landed a kill by then. Basically you should win by just pve'ing everything that comes in your LoS.

Since I'm quite tired I'll just briefly go in that beast/junglecleave part:

Make sure for yourself, that you get the Glyph of Regrowth and put on mastery trinkets instead of the spirit ones, since you will literally need all healing that you can get.
Your warlocks needs to get his Gateway through in the opener, which is the most important thing; facing those comps without having a gateway up to escape from their cds will make your life to hell. You need to line-up your defensive cds as good as possible to live through the heavy faces, once that is done you can start doing insane pressure for a while. Don't forget to replace your mushrooms, you can easily stack them vs. cleaves just by giving everyone a rejuvenation. Killing the hunter pet really helps a lot to make them go defensive and give yourself more space to breath. Playing with a sacr. imp will help you a lot to get out of the cc they have - most likely trap in that case or a psyfiend/normal fear. Go again on what ever is coming into you. Kill targets can be everyone in both comps. What we did is most likely swap on Feral once he came to us with a bash. eventho the priest might be free in that moment you will surely still force a skin or maybe a trinket if your elemental gets some of his casts out.

Turned out to be more text than I expected it to be.

hope i helped you a bit with it.

Brilliant mate thank you,

The glyph and trinket changes will help alot i think vs FERALS.

The healbot mode vs godcomp is essentially what i do, (for most of the game), but i feel like im wasting being a druid sitting at the back and cowering but if that is what you im supposed to do then im glad! Ill try that and get back to you!

Much appreciated dude!

Any other input would be gladly recieved aswell :)

Edited by playtoshift93, 07 August 2013 - 02:14 AM.

#4 Prolifics

Prolifics
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Feral 2/2/1/1/2/.
  • RBG: 575

Posted 10 August 2013 - 04:59 AM

I play a lot of LSD, my team is 2559 right now on rampage. We played mainly LSD, but multi-comp quite a bit now because ferals are just too good to pass up. (my spec says feral since its my 1st spec, I use it for pve, but I'm resto for arenas).

LSD against godcomp as the druid on the LSD team... You can't really play aggressive with cyclones or anything, especially if you have no trinket / might of the ursoc up (ursoc is your main ability that is going to save you at the end of a deep freeze you have no trinket for).. Cyclone if something is in range of you and you're in a decent spot, but don't go out of your way to do so.. A mage + spriest can make you pay for it in a second. You have to play really passively all game, don't try to be a hero and put yourself out of position to try and ns clone the other teams druid to kill the mage/priest. Set your focus target as the mage, and make sure you are paying attention to who the mage has targetted. If you see the mage has swapped targets to you, and the priest also casts something on you, its a pretty strong hint they're trying to blow you up in a deep. If barkskin is down, you can always try and pre-ironbark yourself before the deep when the mage targets you; the key is paying attention to who the mage has targetted on that focus frame. Communicating when you're deeped so that your shaman + warlock can play defensively and repeatedly fear the mage, or alternate fears between the mage and priest during that df is crucial. Your shaman can also drop a grounding during the deep as well, it can be really clutch if it can get a silence, or some burst. Ele off-healing during the deep freeze can also be clutch if you have no cooldowns to live it.

As for Feral comps like jungle, etc.. Glyph of regrowth every time, as mentioned.. I somewhat disagree with what doomsen said about swapping trinkets for mastery.. Spirit is still very important as you are still vulnerable to going oom against jungle cleaves in longer games, which can definitely happen. Cyclone the feral when needed in order to peel damage to help catch up on healing. Here is another rule for any jungle cleave team as LSD.... If the hunter is running with a pet that isn't a fox, you don't 100% need to kill the pet, although it is recommended that you do.. But if the hunter is running with a fox pet.. You MUST kill it (twice if they have insta-rez). Fox pets are the bane of LSD, it effectively makes the game almost like a 4v3 or 3.5 vs 3 in their favor with that annoying curse of tongues that has like 80% uptime. If you do not go for that fox pet and opt to just let it live.. Winning is almost impossible in some cases if they're a good team.

As for your 3rd point about feeling squishy.. Make sure you're using gateway and teleport always against any team that isn't a spell cleave. Try to avoid giving symbi to your ele if you aren't against spell cleave.. Because living with Teleport makes life 10000 times easier. Make sure you're using displacer smartly as well.

Edited by Prolifics, 10 August 2013 - 05:02 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users