#1 Lytning

Lytning
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Discipline 1/0/1/1/1/1

Posted 05 August 2013 - 05:57 AM

Hey guys, I'm having trouble versing Hunter/Ret pala in 2s. I play Disc priest / Enhance Shammy.  The main issue is surviving the burst with all the cc. With scatter/trap/hoj/blind/silence etc I can't get off enough heals to keep my shaman alive through their burst.  We're playing around 2200 mmr, so most hunters silence him when they trap me to stop grounding. Even against games where we death or ground most traps, there's still too much cc.  I don't know how to explain it, it's literally like a rushdown match where they run behind our pillar during shell before it's stacked and just spam cc without gaps and no matter what I trinket, when I PS, I can't seem to keep my partenr alive long enough. Some games, they'll get 2 ccs into me once I've trinketed and my parter will go 100-0 and I won't be able to swap.

Any tips or strats anyone can offer to beat good hunter/rets would be appreciated. It's really the only comp we have difficulty with.  Really anything you can offer. Positioning advice, what to use my cds against (like an always trinket X rule), or preferably an entire strat. We try killing ret and ccing hunter, but it seems he has too many breaks (3 trinkets. Good job with that whole balance thing, Blizzard). So yeah, Glad disc priests or anyone else who has good tips against this shit, help would be appreciated. Much love.
Youtube:  Youtube.com/LytningPvP
Live Stream:  Twitch.tv/LytningPvP
Twitter:  Twitter.com/LytningPvP

Posted Image

#2 Deadscumlord

Deadscumlord
  • Drjakethomas
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/0/2
  • RBG: 1954

Posted 05 August 2013 - 06:11 AM

Hunter Ret is way Fucked atm. 2s and 3s

#3 Lytning

Lytning
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 05 August 2013 - 06:58 AM

View PostDeadscumlord, on 05 August 2013 - 06:11 AM, said:

Hunter Ret is way Fucked atm. 2s and 3s

While not very helpful, this is completely true.

Posted Image

#4 mckevrx

mckevrx
  • Jåime
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Holy 1/1/0/1/1/1

Posted 05 August 2013 - 10:21 AM

Play holy and use GS / Serenity,

If you want to disc, you will lose 90% of the time due to comp imbalance.
twitch.tv/mckevrx - 2.5+ priest play, holy/shadow. may stream again

#5 Lytning

Lytning
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 05 August 2013 - 06:03 PM

Again, true, but not helpful. I like disc too much. Penance, IF, etc. It's just the spec i like to play. So, again, anyone have anything helpful for a disc priest to do. Anything. Any strat that's worked for whatever comp you can play and try to just transfer the advice and strat to work for my comp.

Posted Image

#6 Sweatyfingrs

Sweatyfingrs

Posted 05 August 2013 - 06:17 PM

Most of that rape one shot damage is going to come from the ret.  Hunter has way too many trinkets for you to control him anyway.  I'd assume your best bet is drop a psyfiend and pray he trinkets the first fear into a second fear/hex, and which he'll bubble that off and if that gets MD'd, MAYBE, JUST MAYBE he can get cap stunned and the damage will stop for a second or 2.

This game fucking sucks and expect to lose to that aids like 90% of the time like the above poster said
Posted Image

#7 Hackattack3

Hackattack3
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1609
  • 3v3: 1792
  • RBG: 2050

Posted 05 August 2013 - 06:35 PM

Instead of relying on a broken mechanic like spirit shell have you tried having your enhance run out rambo to keep the ret off you?  If he opens with hex on the ret + blows CDs on the hunter you can throw their off their rhythm.  I know it sounds like a stupid strat to have your dps over-extend and charge in but you have to remember they are basically running it like a scripted pve encounter, running in and doin the exact same thing each game trying to improve their timing.

If your shammy lands a hex when the ret has guardian or wings up the ret will trinket 9/10 times b/c he's a tunneling mongo and you can get some full fears in.

#8 Hackattack3

Hackattack3
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1609
  • 3v3: 1792
  • RBG: 2050

Posted 05 August 2013 - 06:37 PM

View PostSweatyfingrs, on 05 August 2013 - 06:17 PM, said:

Most of that rape one shot damage is going to come from the ret.  Hunter has way too many trinkets for you to control him anyway.  I'd assume your best bet is drop a psyfiend and pray he trinkets the first fear into a second fear/hex, and which he'll bubble that off and if that gets MD'd, MAYBE, JUST MAYBE he can get cap stunned and the damage will stop for a second or 2.

This game fucking sucks and expect to lose to that aids like 90% of the time like the above poster said

I agree with this basically, just open with hex on the ret when he's trying to build guardian stacks or pop wings, guaranteed trinket and then you have to get lucky by some miracle to land a fear w/o hunter putting you in 15 sec of CC.

#9 Djandawg

Djandawg
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Genjuros
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:48 PM

-Start shelling in back corner of the preparation room when the gates open so that they can't stop shelling by rushing, then you open on them with full shells. (You invis, your partner is mounted up, try to death blind when pala runs to you)
-Make sure you use psyfiend on cooldown, stand on top of it for traps.
-PS at %100 hp when wings are up.
-Kill hunter, play as if ret was the healer, so you put all the cc on ret. Going on ret will result in him pillaring and healing for 1.5m and you will eventually lose.

Also holy priest is not better than disc versus that, especially you have guardian not proccing on others %50 of the time. If you play with penance + pom + death glyphs and took divine insight, that could help.

Edited by Djandawg, 05 August 2013 - 08:22 PM.

#10 mckevrx

mckevrx
  • Jåime
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Holy 1/1/0/1/1/1

Posted 05 August 2013 - 11:04 PM

Holy is better, the + healing in cc should be able to keep his partner alive during their burst using instants. But yes that is a decent strat as disc. You still have a 80 loss rate though due to comp.
twitch.tv/mckevrx - 2.5+ priest play, holy/shadow. may stream again

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hunter, ret, 2s, burst

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<