• Curse Sites
Help

No appropriate ww monk changes on ptr???

monk ww windwalker ptr nothing changed

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#41 Udderly

Udderly
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1918

Posted 08 August 2013 - 02:03 PM

View PostDjandawg, on 08 August 2013 - 12:21 AM, said:

You are claiming that I trash talk in any thread. This is probably how you perceive things because you are irritated or have other problems with me. I believe this is not the case though. However, I will sometimes respond to offensive comments. Here for instance, my reaction is to some guy that keeps posting wrong information for an unknown reason and claiming to "educate" people. I find this offensive.

You can check my post history, we can do it together if you want. There are bunch of threads that I respond to strategy questions or simply to people who ask for help. even to questions in game and private messages, to the best of my ability, but if we exclude this post, I never brought any of that up, because it's not my style.

If you think %80 of my posts have good info and you legitimately believe that I should change the way I post and relax, why didn't you just send me a pm? Or if you are legitimately tired of my posts, why don't you just silently put me on the ignore list? That's what I have done to many people.  Why do you sneak in to an argument to post this? That's something to think about, for you.

I know you respond positively to help a bunch of times, which is why I said a bunch of it is fine  -just stop insulting people in the other 20%.  Don't make an excuse for it "he said this, so I had to insult him".  That's a dumb way to defend it.  Just don't say shitty things about other people, how about that?

#42 Syncrow

Syncrow
  • Premium
  • Curse Premium

Posted 08 August 2013 - 04:36 PM

Could you all pls STOP discussing how people should be, and how not.

This is not a whine thread...Please clarify that in a private way.

And delete the lasts Post, that had nothing to do with monks

Thanks!

#43 Marshmellow

Marshmellow
  • Premium Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-The Forgotten Coast
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2140
  • 3v3: 2447
  • RBG: 960

Posted 08 August 2013 - 11:40 PM

View PostSyncrow, on 08 August 2013 - 04:36 PM, said:

Could you all pls STOP discussing how people should be, and how not.

This is not a whine thread...Please clarify that in a private way.

And delete the lasts Post, that had nothing to do with monks

Thanks!

I don't think the mods know this forum exists
Posted Image

#44 Djandawg

Djandawg
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Genjuros
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 12 August 2013 - 12:17 AM

View PostUdderly, on 08 August 2013 - 02:03 PM, said:

I know you respond positively to help a bunch of times, which is why I said a bunch of it is fine  -just stop insulting people in the other 20%.  Don't make an excuse for it "he said this, so I had to insult him".  That's a dumb way to defend it.  Just don't say shitty things about other people, how about that?
I don't think I need to make excuses on an internet forum. I believe that posting wrong information and continuing shamelessly to do so even after proven wrong is disrespectful, it is also harmful to the community. (misleading feedback etc). I don't think it is insulting to reply with same amount of respect, especially when "insults" are true. Feel free to use the report function or the ignore feature, if you don't like the way I respond under given circumstances. (maybe even use pm, instead of popping up during an argument.)

Edited by Djandawg, 12 August 2013 - 12:41 AM.

#45 BalanceRexxar

BalanceRexxar
  • Premium Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Rexxar
  • Vengeance
  • 2v2: 2313
  • 3v3: 3017
  • 5v5: 2329
  • RBG: 2193

Posted 13 August 2013 - 06:12 PM

well, looks like we get to deal with all the fotm rerollers if what i hear about ww monks on PTR is true.

rip in peace any respect people had for the monk class.

#46 Marshmellow

Marshmellow
  • Premium Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-The Forgotten Coast
  • Whirlwind

Posted 13 August 2013 - 06:21 PM

View PostBalanceRexxar, on 13 August 2013 - 06:12 PM, said:

well, looks like we get to deal with all the fotm rerollers if what i hear about ww monks on PTR is true.

seriously
Posted Image

#47 lehel

lehel
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • 2v2: 2057
  • 3v3: 2623
  • RBG: 576

Posted 13 August 2013 - 09:42 PM

• Brewing: Tigereye Brew For each 3 4 Chi you consume through use of abilities and attacks, you gain a charge of Tigereye Brew. Use Tigereye Brew to consume the charges, granting you 6% increased damage and healing for 15 sec. Tigereye Brew can stack up to 20 times, but you can only consume up to 10 stacks at a time for 60% increased damage. Monk - Windwalker Spec.
  • Mastery: Bottled Fury When you generate Tigereye Brew charges, you have a 16% 20% chance to generate an additional charge. Monk - Windwalker Spec.
  • Tigereye Brew Increases damage and healing done by 6% per stack of Tigereye Brew active, consuming up to 10 Tigereye Brew stacks. Lasts 15 sec. For each 3 4Chi you consume through use of abilities and attacks, you gain a charge of Tigereye Brew. Use Tigereye Brew to consume the charges, granting you 6% increased damage and healing for 15 sec. Tigereye Brew can stack up to 20 times, but you can only consume up to 10 stacks at a time for 60% increased damage. Monk - Windwalker Spec. Instant. 5 sec cooldown.

thoughts?

#48 Marshmellow

Marshmellow
  • Premium Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-The Forgotten Coast
  • Whirlwind

Posted 13 August 2013 - 11:17 PM

View Postlehel, on 13 August 2013 - 09:42 PM, said:

• Brewing: Tigereye Brew For each 3 4 Chi you consume through use of abilities and attacks, you gain a charge of Tigereye Brew. Use Tigereye Brew to consume the charges, granting you 6% increased damage and healing for 15 sec. Tigereye Brew can stack up to 20 times, but you can only consume up to 10 stacks at a time for 60% increased damage. Monk - Windwalker Spec.
  • Mastery: Bottled Fury When you generate Tigereye Brew charges, you have a 16% 20% chance to generate an additional charge. Monk - Windwalker Spec.
  • Tigereye Brew Increases damage and healing done by 6% per stack of Tigereye Brew active, consuming up to 10 Tigereye Brew stacks. Lasts 15 sec. For each 3 4Chi you consume through use of abilities and attacks, you gain a charge of Tigereye Brew. Use Tigereye Brew to consume the charges, granting you 6% increased damage and healing for 15 sec. Tigereye Brew can stack up to 20 times, but you can only consume up to 10 stacks at a time for 60% increased damage. Monk - Windwalker Spec. Instant. 5 sec cooldown.
thoughts?

Good change even though it is a small one, on ptr I can get a 10 stack in 25 seconds of uptime without even stacking mastery, 60% damage every 25 seconds is fucking retarded
Posted Image

#49 ysnakewoo

ysnakewoo
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Hellfire
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Frost
  • LocationBosnia and Herzegovina

Posted 14 August 2013 - 01:16 AM

I've played Monk at "meh" ratings when I just rerolled the class for funsies. 2kish in 3s, so I got the grasp of what class lacks and what class excels at, my mechanics weren't good and I didn't know the class "inside-out" to feel 100% comfortable playing it.

Now, onto issue of Monks. It is plain and simple, they do too much damage. This is acknowledged by the entire PvP community, and, by the looks of it, they do even more damage on PTR than they should have. Whoever says their peels are not good is lying through their teeth, their peels are one of the best, if you take away Mages spamming Polymorph, they have the best peels among melee classes, yes, even better than Rogues. Their peels might not be awesome against casters in general, but they have a sick uptime on any class and are godly melee destroyers. And all of that is perfectly acceptable. What I do not like, currently, about Monks is random damage spikes (120k RSK), yes they happen without stars aligning, but again, many classes have this retarded capability, so it is a thing you need to get used to.

What Monks need however is sustain after their 3 CDs. 3 CDs might sound a lot, and 2 of them are good ones. Dampen Harm is "meh-ish", but you can pre-deep/pre-kidney shot it, so I like the general idea. Fortifying Brew and Touch of Karma being the major defensive CDs, and ToK is just fucking retarded in general, but mind that thought. After their CDs are gone, they are really squishy as fuck. Someone might come and say "lol, you have 3 CDs, I have none lolol", keep in mind the fact that if Monks do not pop CDs, they take a lot of damage, hence why many Monks have to pop CDs without the enemy team even bursting, that's where their problems lies. However, that is complemented by the fact that they one of the best mobility tools in the game, but also, they use those abilities to have sick uptime on you. I usually saved at least 1 stack of roll against cleaves who would train me just to get the fuck away from there (in case I overextended the teleport range, which was usually the case).

Like always, Blizzard hears one community crying and their reaction is "buff dat damage". As if high numbers are going to fix anything, they usually break shit every single patch and people are too scared to say "listen, take away some of my retarded damage, but gimme something in return of X things we're asking", since Blizzard doesn't work that way. They pin-point one way of buffing a class without compensating. I hope for the sake of Monk's community and for the sake of everyone else that they thoroughly listen to what classes have to say about their current situation instead of randomly buffing abilities. However, Blizzard is not known for doing things like that.

TL;DR I've wrote too much shit, just wanna say, Monks take too much damage but they deal too much damage along with their kit, FoF and alike.
I'm not useless, I can be used as a bad example.

#50 Syncrow

Syncrow
  • Premium
  • Curse Premium

Posted 14 August 2013 - 09:50 AM

View PostMarshmellow, on 13 August 2013 - 11:17 PM, said:

Good change even though it is a small one, on ptr I can get a 10 stack in 25 seconds of uptime without even stacking mastery, 60% damage every 25 seconds is fucking retarded

Its around 25 seconds even after the change, depending on mastery proc luck! (combined with chi brew).

But you can still get the 10 stacks in under 10 seconds!

#51 hary86

hary86
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Blood 0/0/1/2/0/2
  • RBG: 1928

Posted 14 August 2013 - 09:58 AM

Chi Brew is nice but, Im not sure if I want to play with only 4 chi. FOF + RSK as for now is mandatory for me.

#52 Syncrow

Syncrow
  • Premium
  • Curse Premium

Posted 14 August 2013 - 10:56 AM

View Posthary86, on 14 August 2013 - 09:58 AM, said:

Chi Brew is nice but, Im not sure if I want to play with only 4 chi. FOF + RSK as for now is mandatory for me.
you can use 1 Chi brew to get from SRK into FOK

• Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/1/2/2/1
  • 2v2: 1750
  • RBG: 192

Posted 16 August 2013 - 05:17 PM

View PostBalanceRexxar, on 13 August 2013 - 06:12 PM, said:

so what would make ww overpowered? I havent been playing or checking class updates for 2 months so im wondering what WW monks are like in 5.4?

In other words what makes ww bad or what makes ww good?

#54 Marshmellow

Marshmellow
  • Premium Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-The Forgotten Coast
  • Whirlwind

Posted 16 August 2013 - 05:57 PM

View PostSoku, on 16 August 2013 - 05:17 PM, said:

so what would make ww overpowered? I havent been playing or checking class updates for 2 months so im wondering what WW monks are like in 5.4?

In other words what makes ww bad or what makes ww good?

60% damage increase with tigereye brew every 25 seconds with 45% crit chance
Posted Image

• Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/1/2/2/1
  • 2v2: 1750
  • RBG: 192

Posted 16 August 2013 - 07:27 PM

View PostMarshmellow, on 16 August 2013 - 05:57 PM, said:

60% damage increase with tigereye brew every 25 seconds with 45% crit chance

omg .. =)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: monk, ww, windwalker, ptr, nothing, changed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<