#1 Lytning

Lytning
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Discipline 1/0/1/1/1/1

Posted 02 August 2013 - 03:39 PM

Hey guys, I don't post too often on these forums, but I made a short movie of entertaining disc priest play and figured I'd share an arena video on arena junkies. Also, that last amazing hunter video posted here, darkpussian 1, inspired me. (Here's the forum if you haven't watched yet: http://www.arenajunk...-darkpuissan-1/).

Anyways, here's Lytning 0.5.

Youtube:  Youtube.com/LytningPvP
Live Stream:  Twitch.tv/LytningPvP
Twitter:  Twitter.com/LytningPvP

Posted Image

#2 Friedkitteh

Friedkitteh
  • LocationNorway

Posted 02 August 2013 - 03:59 PM

Keep it up ^^,

#3 Okayenhance

Okayenhance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Elemental 0/1/2/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1793
  • 3v3: 2339
  • RBG: 384

Posted 02 August 2013 - 04:12 PM

Oddly pretty entertaining. Good luck.

#4 mckevrx

mckevrx
  • Jåime
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Holy 1/1/0/1/1/1

Posted 02 August 2013 - 04:30 PM

Almost as good as Darkpussian...
twitch.tv/mckevrx - 2.5+ priest play, holy/shadow. may stream again

#5 Hiddenstalke

Hiddenstalke
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Survival 0/0/2/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 2286
  • 3v3: 2550
  • 5v5: 672
  • RBG: 1909

Posted 02 August 2013 - 04:31 PM

Good video but it would be better to show more full games. I don't mind this flashy stuff but it sometimes is luck or just enemy mistake.
Anyway was enjoyable overall!
www.twitch.tv/hiddenstalkeeu

#6 Jokerplex

Jokerplex
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Marksmanship 2/0/0/2/1/1

Posted 02 August 2013 - 04:35 PM

It was cool stuff, but got boring pretty quick.

maybe its based on the fact that i dont enjoy watching wow but it was so repetitive.

#7 Angrypiexx

Angrypiexx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Shadow 0/1/2/1/2/1
  • RBG: 2014

Posted 02 August 2013 - 04:59 PM

1) the intro was really shit. Graphicly and ideally wise... not to mention the hydra/justin Believe part. that was the worst
2) overall, the vid was actually good.. just too much editing and filters .. that blue on hydra game was just a pain to watch. Keep it simpler next time
3) The fanboyin hydra was quite ... sad. You put on one single game writing "vs lord Hydra" and u actually lost it. Altho you showed how simple missing a death on  scatter trap is... sometime for just 1 millisecond. That's the problem.... you showed many good death (many others were so obvious that you might have been playin those at 1.5 mmr) and there must have been at least 10x more that you missed.
4) music coulda been better .. but guess it's matter of personal choice
5) great UI. I'm serious. Pretty neat. I love the Loosecontrol part on your raid frames (i struggle to have it for myself ... they keep on swapping. Just a pice of advice for perfection. You are clearly using sArena (or move anything) instead of gladius. Then put loose control on arena frames too .. at least ppl can understand what kinda cc you coordinated with your teammates.

Good job for a first try. Waiting for next one without filters, overediting and fanboying !

#8 Lytning

Lytning
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 02 August 2013 - 05:16 PM

Thanks for all the constructive responses, guys!

View PostHiddenstalke, on 02 August 2013 - 04:31 PM, said:

Good video but it would be better to show more full games. I don't mind this flashy stuff but it sometimes is luck or just enemy mistake.
Anyway was enjoyable overall!

Yeah, definitely. That's actually the main reason this is Lytning 0.5 and not Lytning 1.  I simply didn't have a lot of choices of clips to work with, and as I was making it my only thought was that the entire movie is basically like a good PvP Movie intro only, where all the quick pro clips are shown to hook the viewer before getting into real games. Couldn't agree with you more.

View PostAngrypiexx, on 02 August 2013 - 04:59 PM, said:

1) the intro was really shit. Graphicly and ideally wise... not to mention the hydra/justin Believe part. that was the worst
2) overall, the vid was actually good.. just too much editing and filters .. that blue on hydra game was just a pain to watch. Keep it simpler next time
3) The fanboyin hydra was quite ... sad. You put on one single game writing "vs lord Hydra" and u actually lost it. Altho you showed how simple missing a death on  scatter trap is... sometime for just 1 millisecond. That's the problem.... you showed many good death (many others were so obvious that you might have been playin those at 1.5 mmr) and there must have been at least 10x more that you missed.
4) music coulda been better .. but guess it's matter of personal choice
5) great UI. I'm serious. Pretty neat. I love the Loosecontrol part on your raid frames (i struggle to have it for myself ... they keep on swapping. Just a pice of advice for perfection. You are clearly using sArena (or move anything) instead of gladius. Then put loose control on arena frames too .. at least ppl can understand what kinda cc you coordinated with your teammates.

Good job for a first try. Waiting for next one without filters, overediting and fanboying !

Most harsh response, definitely what I was looking for. Tells me flat out what I need to do for Lytning 1, since Lytning 0.5 is basically test run.
I am Hydra fanboying at intro and his match. Watching his movies and stream really did literally teach me nearly all I know about the class and how to play in arena. I'll tone it down.
I actually loved most the color correction, but I suppose not blueing the fuck out of everything would be an improvement. Good to note.
I actually feel like I death a majority of scatters because most hunters don't think. ever. While some 2s games were lower mmr, it does just seem like every hunter is 1.5k rated when they go for cc, and most death scatters shown were against decent rated players.
Also, I don't have gladius or losecontrol on my s arena frames because I don't like addons spelling out the game for me. I think it impairs improvement and reduces situational awareness. Hence why I switch my focus every 5 seconds in arena. Keep an eye on everything manually. Perhaps I'll edit in cc icons next to arena frames in the future?

Posted Image

#9 Angrypiexx

Angrypiexx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 02 August 2013 - 05:45 PM

View PostLytning, on 02 August 2013 - 05:16 PM, said:

Perhaps I'll edit in cc icons next to arena frames in the future?

that would do perfectly as well. I don't mean to bash, but if u want criticism, this is the honest pie u gotta eat
Btw you need to tell me how u set up Loose control with Raid frames cause i noticed that sometimes it messes it up.:P

#10 Lytning

Lytning
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 02 August 2013 - 05:52 PM

View PostAngrypiexx, on 02 August 2013 - 05:45 PM, said:

that would do perfectly as well. I don't mean to bash, but if u want criticism, this is the honest pie u gotta eat
Btw you need to tell me how u set up Loose control with Raid frames cause i noticed that sometimes it messes it up. :P

You're not bashing. Being honest, absolutely love honest angry pie.
As for loose control, you just have to make sure raid frames are sorted by group in options, then when in the arena, have somebody pass you lead, go to raid tab in social, and change the order of teammates so it's always the same and how you want it. My normal is me, melee dps, ranged/caster dps.

Posted Image

#11 Angrypiexx

Angrypiexx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm