• Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Fury 0/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1825
  • 3v3: 2333
  • RBG: 576

Posted 02 August 2013 - 10:43 PM

No I'm done like trying to reason with you at this point, you're actually an idiot. I tried identifying with you and telling you the issue isn't warriors it' other classes that need to be toned down and of course that post with reason and truth was disregarded. So at this point, you're trying to seem like you know what you're talking about, but in reality you don't.

Well to be fair, Sayign your class isn't weak its just everyone else needs to be toned down, doesn't make our class any less weak, we still are subar because everyone else is stronger, and blizz isnt going to tone everyone down to warriors level. That would be like going to the gym and saying Oh the only reason you look weak is because everyone else is using steroids, regardless there still stronger then you are.

So that argument doesn't really do anything at all. Whether its because everyone is tuned up or we are tuned down Weak is weak.

#42 Draintain

Draintain
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Velen
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/2/0/2/2
  • RBG: 1859

Posted 02 August 2013 - 10:54 PM

Well to be fair, Sayign your class isn't weak its just everyone else needs to be toned down, doesn't make our class any less weak, we still are subar because everyone else is stronger, and blizz isnt going to tone everyone down to warriors level. That would be like going to the gym and saying Oh the only reason you look weak is because everyone else is using steroids, regardless there still stronger then you are.

So that argument doesn't really do anything at all. Whether its because everyone is tuned up or we are tuned down Weak is weak.

The problem is that bring warriors up only creates more issues. For example, they bought up ele shamans and now look what happened. Weak is only weak if something else is stronger.

#43 Drevi

Drevi
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Ragnaros
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Fury 1/0/1/0/1/1/0
  • 2v2: 2167
  • 3v3: 1720
  • RBG: 1754

Posted 02 August 2013 - 10:57 PM

Weak is only weak if something else is stronger.

Strong is only strong if something else is weaker.

#44 Ravin

Ravin
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Frost 0/1/0/2/2/2

Posted 02 August 2013 - 11:02 PM

Arms has just lost the arms race (no pun intended). They tried to give warriors a bunch of utility in MoP, but along with their very high damage, it was nuts. TBH, for next expansion, the toolkit for every class needs to be toned down, so that things like charge stuns are meaningful again. (I'm looking at you, Asphyxiate, hunter CC, deep freeze, psyfiend/void tendrils, instant or extremely hasted hybrid caster CCs like hex, etc.)

#45 Ezyo1000

Ezyo1000
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 02 August 2013 - 11:07 PM

The problem is that bring warriors up only creates more issues. For example, they bought up ele shamans and now look what happened. Weak is only weak if something else is stronger.

there are things they can do to make warriors stronger, the problem with s12 is blizz never listens to warriors, They tried to fight and say 5 stack tfb wouldnt be gamebreaking because " it would only happen once in a blue moon" Yet everyone was able to get it fairly easily.

On top of having a 20 sec freedom, unavoidable silence and 20 sec shockwave, yes wars were too strong, however if they toned down the burst and increase sustained (All warriors want to be a pressure class again, not some Big Hulk once every 3 min) things wouldn't be so stupid. For instance, they could make stances work like this:

Battle Stance- Given the old 5.3 beta pvp 2 set bonus Provides 10% Dr in addition to its current effects. Standard stance when your not the focus target. Also move the disarm reduction down to the glove bonus.

New Passive: Berserker Stance - Whenever you are critically hit, you become Enraged, in addition to its current effects. This Is the stance you go in when your getting trained all game and helps keep our damage up, and possibly counter pressure our enemies.

Defensive stance- Same as is, Use this stance when taking heavy damage or when predicting hardswap/ incoming burst.

Gives us choices, zerker stance gets use and would be a way to kinda deter people from training the war all game, They could also do things loke increase Arms rage gen via Ms or auto's (probably ms) to give them more rage to work with, That increases damage without increasing burst.

It still comes down to this, If everyone is stronger then you because they are overtuned, you are still weak. Saying anything otherwise is just silly, sorry but it is.

#46 qlulol

qlulol
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/1/1/1/0

Posted 02 August 2013 - 11:27 PM

The whining.. never stops

#47 banezy

banezy
  • Members

Posted 03 August 2013 - 12:52 AM

The whining.. never stops

well it worked, we got intervene root break baseline and a cd reduction to stance dance. This now opens up pain sup and double spell reflect if a warrior now chooses. not sure whats happenin to safeguard,. double root break if it stays maybe?

source ---> us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/10158897/#warrrior

#48 kagan

kagan
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 1832

Posted 03 August 2013 - 01:12 AM

well it worked, we got intervene root break baseline and a cd reduction to stance dance. This now opens up pain sup and double spell reflect if a warrior now chooses. not sure whats happenin to safeguard,. double root break if it stays maybe?

source ---> us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/10158897/#warrrior

its actually a nice buff. but hunter roots becoming dispellable was a huge indirect buff. that tier is gonna be interesting. but i think its gonna make vigilance fall wayy behind in terms of pvp. mass spell reflect is nice but its predictable, especially at higher ratings. i still think safeguard will be our talent of choice. but itll be a play style talent choice which is what its supposed to be.
Posted Image

#49 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Arms
  • RBG: 956
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 03 August 2013 - 01:13 AM

Those are nice, and meaningful changes. If they shift damage from cds and buff overall, then we will be in the perfect place. Waiting for the number pass now - no more whining :)

Going to blizzcon looking for a fight is like going to the official wow arena forums for pvp advice :)

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

bro you got +rep'd by rapture... 

XECkfsj.png

Made by Regentlord

#50 banezy

banezy
  • Members

Posted 03 August 2013 - 01:33 AM

i think double spell reflect will be a usufull deterence to enh and ele shaman, if used on cd.

#51 Evilcow

Evilcow
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/2/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1837
  • 3v3: 1845

Posted 03 August 2013 - 01:41 AM

Those are nice, and meaningful changes. If they shift damage from cds and buff overall, then we will be in the perfect place. Waiting for the number pass now - no more whining :)

This plus:

#52 banezy

banezy
  • Members

Posted 03 August 2013 - 02:11 AM

Theres actually alot of warrior concerns being tweeted to Holinka at the moment, which is good to see. Jenny dawson is having a good dig, good on her. twitter.com/JennyDawsons

#53 Nerdstomperr

Nerdstomperr
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/2/0/1/1
  • 2v2: 1493
  • 3v3: 2100
  • 5v5: 2141
  • RBG: 1896

Posted 03 August 2013 - 02:24 AM

warriors will never be good again unless they revert the game back to bc status

#54 shunke

shunke
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/0/1/1/0
  • 2v2: 2105
  • 3v3: 2217
  • RBG: 1761

Posted 03 August 2013 - 03:31 AM

Hoodrych and barburas would have more credential and respect than what you can ever achieve in your lifetime even if they didn't touch this game anymore period.

Now let's please stick to this topic. I wish I had the time to try PTR myself... Ayra says we're ok but it seems many of us are thinking the same thing "some damage buff" outside of cd.

I like the idea of making colossus smash a self buff like the monk's tiger palm so we can create more swap chance at will. I also like the idea of not allowing the cd stacking (avatar+reck+skullbanner) and rather buffing our damage so we have more constant pressure outside of cd.

Another cool thing I read in some of the thread was making us somehow be enraged when we get hit with crit which I believe we once had in previous expansions. In defensive stance or whatever so we can control our rage better and making warrior a bad target to tunnel because then it will give us more rage and more damage.

Any other cool ideas?

PTR is one big oneshot fest. Basicly classes what doesnt have hich mobility (such as shamans or priests) you can die in reckstorm.
Every class does insane damage in PTR. Disc priest reflective shield is pretty sick and you might end up killing yourself when you try kill them.

Good things "warrior pov"
if you have latency you sometimes didnt have time to use hamstring, now you can charge hamstring easily, you can reflect coils howls clones sheeps because of reflect change. Sweeping strikes reck avatar colossus smash and enrage bladestorm does a lot of damage but it feels like every other class makes same damage as "sustain". Ele shamans does like 100k lavabursts on 450k raterget.

#55 Ezyo1000

Ezyo1000
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 03 August 2013 - 05:52 AM

its actually a nice buff. but hunter roots becoming dispellable was a huge indirect buff. that tier is gonna be interesting. but i think its gonna make vigilance fall wayy behind in terms of pvp. mass spell reflect is nice but its predictable, especially at higher ratings. i still think safeguard will be our talent of choice. but itll be a play style talent choice which is what its supposed to be.

I disagree, I think Vigliance would be a very viable choice its a free pain sup although i actually like it a a sac to break out of cc, Its still good we have a choice and can bring something more to the team. Also MSR could be used to eat a trap for a healer so you dont have to burn intervene or leap, Or you could use it if the hunter tried a readiness trap on heals. If anything i think SG will drop in viability because people mainly used it for the root break more then the DR.

They will tune numbers, at least for fury for sure, but if fury is getting a buff im sure arms is as well

https://twitter.com/...358951964196865

#56 Deonto

Deonto
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/1/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 1507
  • 3v3: 2002
  • RBG: 384

Posted 03 August 2013 - 05:54 AM

I disagree, I think Vigliance would be a very viable choice its a free pain sup although i actually like it a a sac to break out of cc, Its still good we have a choice and can bring something more to the team. Also MSR could be used to eat a trap for a healer so you dont have to burn intervene or leap, Or you could use it if the hunter tried a readiness trap on heals. If anything i think SG will drop in viability because people mainly used it for the root break more then the DR.

They will tune numbers, at least for fury for sure, but if fury is getting a buff im sure arms is as well

https://twitter.com/...358951964196865

Both Arms and Fury will receive damage buffs.
Posted Image

#57 Nipont

Nipont
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/0/1/1/0
  • RBG: 192

Posted 03 August 2013 - 10:57 AM

Just aboard ship, im ejoying my hunter. Played it to 2.1k the day i hit 90.

Edited by Nipont, 03 August 2013 - 11:01 AM.

#58 Volatile

Volatile
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Thunderhorn
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Marksmanship 1/1/1/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 1520
  • 3v3: 2004
  • RBG: 1532

Posted 03 August 2013 - 09:22 PM

I think after all these minor utility tweaks plus a small damage adjustment, Warriors should be in a decent spot for 5.4.

#59 Smashy7

Smashy7
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/0/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1817
  • 3v3: 2446
  • RBG: 1491

Posted 03 August 2013 - 10:39 PM

Bringing intercept back will solve this puzzle

#60 Ezyo1000

Ezyo1000
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 04 August 2013 - 02:31 AM

I would like enrages proccing from getting crit in zerker stance, Bring back the warrior feel of you train him, he hits you harder :) plus it makes it useful in pvp

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<