• Orcclass_name
  • US-Thunderhorn
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Marksmanship 1/1/1/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 1520
  • 3v3: 2004
  • RBG: 1532

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:09 PM

Why didnt you read the first line? lol and obviously if they removed hs they would have to make changes to the other specs.......

Slam hits too hard to be off the global CD. Can you imagine an MS plus Slam in the same global? That's where Heroic Strike comes in and why it only hits for 105% WD. It supposed to be inefficient rage wise and a last resort to burn rage.

#242 Maybenextime

Maybenextime
  • Members

Posted 28 August 2013 - 09:19 PM

Slam hits too hard to be off the global CD. Can you imagine an MS plus Slam in the same global? That's where Heroic Strike comes in and why it only hits for 105% WD. It supposed to be inefficient rage wise and a last resort to burn rage.

ya i havnt had a chance to play on PTR yet im just trying to fight adding a new keybind lol Ive been seeing mixed opinions on slam since the buff then slight nerf... maybe ill install it after work today and give it a try :)

#243 Bezit

Bezit
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Fury 1/1/2/0/0/1
  • RBG: 384
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:07 PM

For the warriors who've played on PTR:

How viable is bloodbath/stormbolt?

#244 Speedymart

Speedymart
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Fury 2/0/1/1/0/0/2
  • 3v3: 2168
  • RBG: 576

Posted 29 August 2013 - 12:42 AM

It's 110%, but the way it works now is rage is becoming a nonfactor like mana. It just limits the ability to mash slam, kinda like what they did with spell steal. I wish they'd revert back to the pre-cata resource system. I miss casters going oom and warriors rage generation being based on damage recieved and done. This baseline shit is getting old

Bloodbath is useful for the slow, the damage itself is really shit. It's good for locking people inside bladestorm that can easily get away, such as ferals. Shockwave is still a better alternative unless the entire team is clothies. Stormbolt is very, very, good. Especially with the four second buff it got. The only issue is avatar is just so good that I can't see this being a normal thing unless you base your entire comp around it, or take it specificly to counter another comp. Like stormbolting into trap or something.

Edited by Speedymart, 29 August 2013 - 08:40 AM.

Posted Image

#245 Ezyo1000

Ezyo1000
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Fury 0/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1825
  • 3v3: 2333

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:38 AM

It's 110%, but the way it works now is rage is becoming a nonfactor like mana. It just limits the ability to mash slam, kinda like what they did with spell steal. I wish they'd revery back to the pre-cata resource system. I miss casters going oom and warriors rage generation being based on damage recieved and done. This baseline shit is getting old

Bloodbath is useful for the slow, the damage itself is really shit. It's good for locking people inside bladestorm that can easily get away, such as ferals. Shockwave is still a better alternative unless the entire team is clothies. Stormbolt is very, very, good. Especially with the four second buff it got. The only issue is avatar is just so good that I can't see this being a normal thing unless you base your entire comp around it, or take it specificly to counter another comp. Like stormbolting into trap or something.

I guarantee you if blizz upped Sb base damage to 300% it would solve the issue right there, Makes up for the lost burst from avatar and it hits harder then Swave (Single target) and hits at ranged ans stuns for the same amount of time

#246 Speedymart

Speedymart
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn

Posted 29 August 2013 - 10:14 AM

I guarantee you if blizz upped Sb base damage to 300% it would solve the issue right there, Makes up for the lost burst from avatar and it hits harder then Swave (Single target) and hits at ranged ans stuns for the same amount of time

I don't think I agree with stuns doing any damage in the first place. I'd rather see avatar removed outright and our base spells increased slightly. Replace the talent with something from back in the day, like a buffed blood craze or something
Posted Image

#247 Evilcow

Evilcow
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/2/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1837
  • 3v3: 1845

Posted 29 August 2013 - 10:28 AM

I don't think I agree with stuns doing any damage in the first place. I'd rather see avatar removed outright and our base spells increased slightly. Replace the talent with something from back in the day, like a buffed blood craze or something

I think just changing Avatar to something like 10-15% increased damage on a 2min CD and increasing SB's damage to 310% would be enough to balance that tier.

Also changing Avatar to 25-30% increased damage to non-critical hits on a 2min CD might be a cool way to prevent CD stacking.

#248 Deonto

Deonto
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/1/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 1507
  • 3v3: 2002
  • RBG: 384

Posted 29 August 2013 - 10:38 AM

For the warriors who've played on PTR:

I personally find all 3 to be viable. And find myself using SB/BB more than Avatar(only really use Avatar if I know the game will be short... like under a min-min 30).

Edited by Deonto, 29 August 2013 - 10:40 AM.

Posted Image

#249 Speedymart

Speedymart
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:38 PM

I think just changing Avatar to something like 10-15% increased damage on a 2min CD and increasing SB's damage to 310% would be enough to balance that tier.

Also changing Avatar to 25-30% increased damage to non-critical hits on a 2min CD might be a cool way to prevent CD stacking.

I really think our hardest hitting ability becoming a ranged stun is just a terrible idea.

I do like that avatar suggestion. But it would work against you even if you don't pop reck with it. It would make the talent absolutely useless, maybe just increase the damage by 30% and completely lock out the ability to stack with reck?

Honestly avatar is shitty by design. It's essentially the same as avenging wrath. We really don't need more abilities like this
Posted Image

#250 Volatile

Volatile
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Thunderhorn
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Marksmanship 1/1/1/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 1520
  • 3v3: 2004
  • RBG: 1532

Posted 29 August 2013 - 04:17 PM

Honestly avatar is shitty by design. It's essentially the same as avenging wrath. We really don't need more abilities like this

I agree. I thought it was more unique with the increased rage gen aspect. Maybe redesign it to a shorter cool down which still breaks roots/snares and increased rage gen by 50% during its duration. Or 100% even. How you turn that rage into damage is up to the player.

#251 Ezyo1000

Ezyo1000
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Fury 0/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1825
  • 3v3: 2333

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:00 PM

I really think our hardest hitting ability becoming a ranged stun is just a terrible idea.

I do like that avatar suggestion. But it would work against you even if you don't pop reck with it. It would make the talent absolutely useless, maybe just increase the damage by 30% and completely lock out the ability to stack with reck?

Honestly i cant really think of anything pvp related that wouldnt be op. I dunno Maybe have it dispell 1-2 magic effects off the target and do 300% base damage? then do 500% wep damage against bosses. But at the same time there needs to be another option other then Swave for control, without also losing burst in the process, it just makes our talent tier out of wack, you either take swave for control and avatar for burst, or you take SB for less control, and lose out on burst.

I just hate using avatar, its boring and easy to control, BB is fun but the bleed needs to tick a little harder and i enjoy it more the avatar, and Sb is just cool but it hits really weak so your better off running avata/bb and taking Swave/BS instead.

As of right now for pvp Sb doesn't fit the tier that its in, so make it do something other then stun and up the base damage, Or up the base damage (300%. maybe 275% for fury) and revert the stun duration back to 3 sec.

#252 Evilcow

Evilcow
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/2/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1837
  • 3v3: 1845

Posted 29 August 2013 - 06:18 PM

Your hardest hitting ability would still be slam, even if stormbolt was 310% weapon damage.

Maybe Avatar as 30% increased damage to non-critical hits on a 2min CD plus the old increase to rage generation would be a nice CD for sustained damage while not increasing our swifty.

#253 GreenSwag

GreenSwag
  • Members

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:17 PM

Really all they need to do is work on the rage generation warriors get,

possibly revamp it like back in cata days where damage taken would build rage and also damaged caused...

just with rage rework and the updates and current state of warriors I think that would be perfect...

#254 Balkanmafia

Balkanmafia
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Al'Akir
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Balance 1/2/0/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 1796
  • 3v3: 1786
  • 5v5: 672
  • RBG: 1467

Posted 29 August 2013 - 10:41 PM

can war in 5.4 exchange feral in the now dominating comp, FPS?

#255 Speedymart

Speedymart
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn

Posted 30 August 2013 - 04:55 AM

can war in 5.4 exchange feral in the now dominating comp, FPS?

sure
Posted Image

#256 Moshe

Moshe
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Vashj
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/1/0/0/2/0
  • 2v2: 2094
  • 3v3: 1331
  • RBG: 768
  • LocationFinland

Posted 30 August 2013 - 11:32 PM

sure

Why? ferals still do retarded dmg next patch

#257 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Arms
  • RBG: 956
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 31 August 2013 - 12:07 AM

Going to blizzcon looking for a fight is like going to the official wow arena forums for pvp advice :)

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

bro you got +rep'd by rapture... 

XECkfsj.png

Made by Regentlord

#258 Battered

Battered
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/1/0/1/./.

Posted 31 August 2013 - 12:40 AM

The alleged 'numbers pass' is coming to an end it seems, and all we got from it is 25% more damage to slam and 65% to deep wounds; underwhelming to say the least.

I'll admit though, with all the other changes on PTR gameplay feels much smoother than live, BS/SB is a lot of fun and seems like a viable alternative to Avatar/SW, removing hamstring off the GCD completely changed the way I approach things, it's pretty revolutionary IMO.

However, sustained damage is still sub par. I still think making overpower ignore armor (50% ignore in PvP like CS) is a great solution for buffing sustained without changing the rotation. Tried to pitch it to Mr. Street and Holinka but alas got no replies.

#259 Pinka

Pinka
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/1/1/0/2/0
  • RBG: 2130

Posted 31 August 2013 - 01:07 AM

Losing hamstring from the global is a big pvp dmg buff to start with.
+ We got more aoe buffs then i ever have seen happen to a class in any patch.

Just worried about overpower.

Edited by Pinka, 31 August 2013 - 01:07 AM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<