Warriors in 5.4

• Please log in to reply
258 replies to this topic

#1 Tribalqtx

Tribalqtx
  • Junkies

Posted 02 August 2013 - 09:29 AM

So,

I've been hearing very mixed reports about warriors on the PTR, currently unable to play and test out as I just simply don't have time. Anyone got some useful feedback about us? I'd like to think we were better than we are now since it's the same scenario as s10/s11 - every good warrior setup is stronger with a different class in place.

Hearing noise about stormbolt and bladestorm being the way to go,

Let me know what you've all found out!

#2 Moshe

Moshe
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Vashj
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/1/0/0/2/0
  • 2v2: 2094
  • 3v3: 1331
  • RBG: 768
  • LocationFinland

Posted 02 August 2013 - 02:29 PM

5.4 is worse than live to sum it up for you

Also, bladestorm won't do anything outside swifty so stormbolt really isn't an option

#3 Doctor M

Doctor M
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Combat 1/2/0/2/0/1/.
  • 2v2: 1988
  • 3v3: 2522
  • 5v5: 2034
  • RBG: 2345

Posted 02 August 2013 - 02:33 PM

Have you even tried browsing other warrior threads?

/lockthread

But look how fucking dumb it was like, a bot could Drain Mana just like a bot could play Hunter ATM.

#4 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Arms
  • RBG: 956
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 02 August 2013 - 02:47 PM

• Damage is almost the same as live - our scaling with gear is horrible which also shows in PvE
  • Game is a bit more fluid with the hamstring change. You no longer lose kills because you have to chose between hamstring and execute. Contrary to what most believe, this change DOES NOT increase our damage, since our damage is limited mainly by rage and not gcds
  • Wall change and reflect are nice because the delay now is non existent
  • Overall though it's worse than live, because the same classes are dominant, and other melee far outscaled us damage wise (all of them but rogues, from enh to dks).
  • Bladestorm for me is very nice damage even outside of cds, especially if you are hitting cloth.
So why pick the warrior that does bad to average damage outside of cds instead of any other melee that has better and more meaningful damage, with equally good swifty type abilities? Unless they grossly buff damage (and they have to do that because of pve - http://raidbots.com/.../14/60/default/ arms is the worst dps spec, 10k dps above DISC priests), we will suck.

Going to blizzcon looking for a fight is like going to the official wow arena forums for pvp advice :)

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

bro you got +rep'd by rapture... 

XECkfsj.png

Made by Regentlord

#5 kagan

kagan
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 1832

Posted 02 August 2013 - 03:51 PM

• Damage is almost the same as live - our scaling with gear is horrible which also shows in PvE
  • Game is a bit more fluid with the hamstring change. You no longer lose kills because you have to chose between hamstring and execute. Contrary to what most believe, this change DOES NOT increase our damage, since our damage is limited mainly by rage and not gcds
  • Wall change and reflect are nice because the delay now is non existent
  • Overall though it's worse than live, because the same classes are dominant, and other melee far outscaled us damage wise (all of them but rogues, from enh to dks).
  • Bladestorm for me is very nice damage even outside of cds, especially if you are hitting cloth.
So why pick the warrior that does bad to average damage outside of cds instead of any other melee that has better and more meaningful damage, with equally good swifty type abilities? Unless they grossly buff damage (and they have to do that because of pve - http://raidbots.com/.../14/60/default/ arms is the worst dps spec, 10k dps above DISC priests), we will suck.

i really hope people dont actually read your posts.
Posted Image

#6 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 02 August 2013 - 03:52 PM

i really hope people dont actually read your posts.

Why? Because I'm telling the truth?

Going to blizzcon looking for a fight is like going to the official wow arena forums for pvp advice :)

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

XECkfsj.png

Made by Regentlord

#7 Draintain

Draintain
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Velen
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/2/0/2/2
  • RBG: 1859

Posted 02 August 2013 - 04:09 PM

Why? Because I'm telling the truth?

No I'm done like trying to reason with you at this point, you're actually an idiot. I tried identifying with you and telling you the issue isn't warriors it' other classes that need to be toned down and of course that post with reason and truth was disregarded. So at this point, you're trying to seem like you know what you're talking about, but in reality you don't. You think you know the game but your s1 glad is equivalent to me not having a glad. You have yet to get glad even in s9 or s12, which is sad. If you couldn't get it in s12 when warriors were literally ridiculous, then it's a L2p issue. Hell what rating did you even get to in s12?

No changes to warriors will affect how mediocre/subpar you are at this game. Anything you'd try to advocate for warriors is ignored because of what I simply stated above. It also doesn't help that you're the forum ass. Do yourself a favor leave wow. As I said before, bitching will get you nowhere. The difference with Locks was that our damage was god awful and honestly without gateway against certain teams, it'd be absolute death. But continue viewing the game with your warrior blinds on. My 2c I really don't care how you respond to this because if I read it, I'll lose brain cells and I lost enough from the "ArenaJunkies Drinking Game" which was mentioned by another member.

#8 kagan

kagan
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 02 August 2013 - 04:17 PM

No I'm done like trying to reason with you at this point, you're actually an idiot. I tried identifying with you and telling you the issue isn't warriors it' other classes that need to be toned down and of course that post with reason and truth was disregarded. So at this point, you're trying to seem like you know what you're talking about, but in reality you don't. You think you know the game but your s1 glad is equivalent to me not having a glad. You have yet to get glad even in s9 or s12, which is sad. If you couldn't get it in s12 when warriors were literally ridiculous, then it's a L2p issue. Hell what rating did you even get to in s12?

No changes to warriors will affect how mediocre/subpar you are at this game. Anything you'd try to advocate for warriors is ignored because of what I simply stated above. It also doesn't help that you're the forum ass. Do yourself a favor leave wow. As I said before, bitching will get you nowhere. The difference with Locks was that our damage was god awful and honestly without gateway against certain teams, it'd be absolute death. But continue viewing the game with your warrior blinds on. My 2c I really don't care how you respond to this because if I read it, I'll lose brain cells and I lost enough from the "ArenaJunkies Drinking Game" which was mentioned by another member.

REPPED
Posted Image

#9 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 02 August 2013 - 04:23 PM

1) You or anyone else in this forum is not nearly qualified to call me an idiot. You can call me biased if you'd like, but calling me an idiot is like having a janitor in Somalia commenting on the theory of special relativity

2) You are too naive and illiterate to see that I have already commented on that a trillion times, but as most autistic rats around here you keep insisting. How hard is it to see that toning down 6 specs at once has never happened and it will never happen? The ONLY solution is to bring the bad specs on par with the OP specs

3) It's not nearly the same, since I have 600 more lifetime rating than you do. I can turn the argument around on you for not achieving glad on any season (but s12) as a lock. 2 weeks before s12 ended I was level 89 fyi

4) Funny having a rival call me shit and subpar

Posted Image

5) Drinking is not allowed for minors, so you still have a few years of sad life remaining

XECkfsj.png

Made by Regentlord

#10 Draintain

Draintain
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Velen
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/2/0/2/2
  • RBG: 1859

Posted 02 August 2013 - 04:35 PM

1) You or anyone else in this forum is not nearly qualified to call me an idiot. You can call me biased if you'd like, but calling me an idiot is like having a janitor in Somalia commenting on the theory of special relativity

2) You are too naive and illiterate to see that I have already commented on that a trillion times, but as most autistic rats around here you keep insisting. How hard is it to see that toning down 6 specs at once has never happened and it will never happen? The ONLY solution is to bring the bad specs on par with the OP specs

3) It's not nearly the same, since I have 600 more lifetime rating than you do. I can turn the argument around on you for not achieving glad on any season (but s12) as a lock. 2 weeks before s12 ended I was level 89 fyi

4) Funny having a rival call me shit and subpar

Posted Image

5) Drinking is not allowed for minors, so you still have a few years of sad life remaining

1. You are lol
2. And no you didn't because it wasn't acknowledged in the thread so try again
3. You can go into rating but its sad that even with 600 rating, you're still more ignorant.
4. Duelist c: somethats that...you've been as long as I have
5. If you don't know how to hold your liquor, then yeah you have to be an adult.

Well I'm glad we had this chat, but you honestly forgot how this game works. It's not about trying to be like Bailamos and attempt to make clever insults on forums but fail miserably, you actually have to...you know...play the game in real time and not act like you know shit you actually have never experience. One 2700 from the easiest season in the game doesn't mean shit to me lol. I can tell you right now that if those other classes are toned down, warrior will be fine. Now agree with me or forever be in the ignorance box.

#11 Surel

Surel
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Discipline 1/1/0/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1942
  • 3v3: 2163
  • RBG: 1751
  • LocationSweden

Posted 02 August 2013 - 04:35 PM

DRAMA, its quite funny im trying warrior PTR, best melee togheter with enhancement shaman, but hey i might be wrong

#12 kazuhmeer

kazuhmeer
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/2/0/1/1
  • 2v2: 480
  • 3v3: 2148
  • RBG: 1849

Posted 02 August 2013 - 04:41 PM

1. You are lol
3. You can go into rating but its sad that even with 600 rating, you're still more ignorant.
5. If you don't know how to hold your liquor, then yeah you have to be an adult.

Well I'm glad we had this chat, but you honestly forgot how this game works. It's not about trying to be like Bailamos and attempt to make clever insults on forums but fail miserably, you actually have to...you know...play the game in real time and not act like you know shit you actually have never experience. One 2700 from the easiest season in the game doesn't mean shit to me lol. I can tell you right now that if those other classes are toned down, warrior will be fine. Now agree with me or forever be in the ignorance box.

dont fire shots about rating if you suck big dick

rip tyveris

#13 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 02 August 2013 - 04:47 PM

1. You are lol

Why would I attempt to make clever insults? Clever insults are aimed towards clever people. I don't think I ever had a fight with someone clever here. All I see here is a kid trying to build rep by attacking someone else - the lowest way of building up reputation.

The post I am quoting screams of low confidence levels, two-digit IQ, severe lack of understanding written speech, and a burning desire to prove yourself. "Now agree with me or forever be in the ignorance box".

Check kazuhmeer for example. We had our differences, we called each other stuff, but I respect him because:

a) He is one of the highest rated warriors
B) Even when we disagree he still made a point beyond attacking me

This is an example of someone that disagrees/argues, but he has my respect because not only he has the credentials, but he also contributes beyond throwing petty insults.

You, kagan and a few others just come here, contribute nothing and just call everyone else retarded/idiot/shit. Kagan even had the audacity to question the credentials of hoodrych and barburas because they were invited in the warrior podcast, because he thinks himself as some new warrior god.

Stay small.

XECkfsj.png

Made by Regentlord

#14 Razorscythe

Razorscythe
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • RBG: 1723

Posted 02 August 2013 - 04:58 PM

I don't think blizzard is going to tone down EVERYTHING else down to be on warrior level it seems easier just to bring warrior up to par with others ???
Conquest vendor disabled.
Posted Image

#15 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 02 August 2013 - 05:00 PM

We derailed the thread long enough. Let's stick to the topic at hand.

XECkfsj.png

Made by Regentlord

#16 kazuhmeer

kazuhmeer
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/2/0/1/1
  • 2v2: 480
  • 3v3: 2148
  • RBG: 1849

Posted 02 August 2013 - 05:10 PM

So,

I've been hearing very mixed reports about warriors on the PTR, currently unable to play and test out as I just simply don't have time. Anyone got some useful feedback about us? I'd like to think we were better than we are now since it's the same scenario as s10/s11 - every good warrior setup is stronger with a different class in place.

Hearing noise about stormbolt and bladestorm being the way to go,

Let me know what you've all found out!

k real feedback

losing warbringer is incredibly huge, people who play without it on live are missing out big time, but its gone now anyway. cant overstate how big it is.

QOL buffs are nice on ptr, feels better not wasting gcd's on hamstring. ditto on reflects/wall, not gamebreaking changes, just nice changes.

biggest problem warriors face isn't our own class, its:

1. rogue buffs, rogues > warriors if they are strong at all
2. ele remains untouched, glyph thunderstorm can knock every charge
3. enhancement is 1 shotting people, ret/hunter can still possibly be really strong next patch

the good

1. gateway nerf helps warriors big time
2. you can argue for using bladestorm, it hits pretty fucking hard with cooldowns and sweeping strikes up. not sure if its worth it outside of avatar/reck, hits like a wet noodle then.
3. you can play stormbolt if you want to, but its just like live, you do no damage without avatar

the reason you should ignore all of this

its ptr, most of the time i que ptr its into retards making 90's of classes they don't main. most people don't wear 2 set pvp trinket bonuses (when i tested ptr) and that will probably be how live is, damage is so insane i cant imagine people playing without that bonus. killing someone in the opener with bladestorm and every cd doesnt mean warriors are overpowered, it typically means its ptr and they are awful players.

#17 Euerfeldi

Euerfeldi
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Norgannon
  • Embuscade / Hinterhalt
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/2/2/1/0

Posted 02 August 2013 - 05:13 PM

Posted Image
Keep going :(

#18 Malv

Malv
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Llane
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Frost 2/0/1/0/1/0
  • RBG: 1863

Posted 02 August 2013 - 05:33 PM

So why pick the warrior that does bad to average damage outside of cds instead of any other melee that has better and more meaningful damage, with equally good swifty type abilities?

Because afterall, this is a game.

Reflect/wall/hamstring changes alone has made warrior on the ptr far more enjoyable than the class itself has been in quite some time, imo.

#19 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 02 August 2013 - 05:37 PM

Because afterall, this is a game.

Reflect/wall/hamstring changes alone has made warrior on the ptr far more enjoyable than the class itself has been in quite some time, imo.

If we could play solo mode I couldn't agree more. However, most people want to get rating and you can't force them to play with the underdog unless they want to. That is the main problem; having people willing to stick with you even when you are underpowered. Then yes you can enjoy the game.

XECkfsj.png

Made by Regentlord

#20 kagan

kagan
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 02 August 2013 - 05:40 PM

You, kagan and a few others just come here, contribute nothing and just call everyone else retarded/idiot/shit. Kagan even had the audacity to question the credentials of hoodrych and barburas because they were invited in the warrior podcast, because he thinks himself as some new warrior god.

Stay small.

you think you have added anything constructive to these forums? your incessant whining and crying does nothing. you are a perfect example of why people should look elswhere for help at getting high rated.

and me questioning credentials? all i said was why invite people who quit their warrior in 5.2. IMO you dont need those kind of people talking in a podcast because they talk just like you, the podcast was a waste of time.

EVERYTHING BASELINE. WARRIOR SUCKS. EVERYTHING BASELINE AND MORE DAMAGE. AND MORE INTERRUPTS. AND STUNS.
YA THAT WILL BALANCE US, OH AND WE NEED FUN STUFF TOO.

even your tweets are aids.

good news everyone

Holinka@holinka2m

@dragonballzrian @JennyDawsons @ChritznL We also lowered the cooldown on stances from 3 to 1.5 seconds.

Holinka@holinka16m

@JennyDawsons @ChritznL The tweet was "Warriors get nothing cool." Don't change your intention mid stream. We haven't tuned 5.4 damage.

so shut the fuck up braindead.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<