Jump to content

S8 all over again


  • Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#21 a1entity

a1entity
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Posts: 334
  • Talents:

Posted 01 August 2013 - 07:21 PM

View PostYarmyxx, on 01 August 2013 - 07:09 PM, said:

promotes caster cleaves?more like promotes mage teams which every1 would expect , but no it doesnt since i dont face mages anymore for some reason.
And according to ''s8 all over again'', idk if im the only one here, but i loved s8 , because of the fast pasted gameplay and skill wise.

View PostHackattack3, on 01 August 2013 - 06:46 PM, said:

Would give melee insane uptime.  You would basically have to rebuild the game and remove a lot of interrupts/stuns to rebalance.
And yet in other seasons/expansions dispel didn't have cooldown and there were many double caster teams as well as double melee and caster teams 'somehow" were able to fight double melee and win..............

#22 ROKMODE

ROKMODE

Posted 01 August 2013 - 07:26 PM

druids were overrated in s8
If anything, making this expansion play anything like wrath will be an instant resubscribe for me.
Let me know when all the gay ass "fun" abilities are gone though.
Expect bias in posts because
Wotlk is the best thing since sliced bread

#23 Djandawg

Djandawg
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Genjuros
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Posts: 1039
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 01 August 2013 - 07:42 PM

View PostROKMODE, on 01 August 2013 - 07:26 PM, said:

druids were overrated in s8
If anything, making this expansion play anything like wrath will be an instant resubscribe for me.
Let me know when all the gay ass "fun" abilities are gone though.
We don't have to let you know anything. You are here posting every day about the game that you claim not to be playing for years.

#24 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 3779
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 01 August 2013 - 07:46 PM

View PostROKMODE, on 01 August 2013 - 07:26 PM, said:

druids were overrated in s8
If anything, making this expansion play anything like wrath will be an instant resubscribe for me.
Let me know when all the gay ass "fun" abilities are gone though.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
:druid: :druid: :druid: :druid: :druid: :druid: :druid: :druid: :druid: :druid: :druid:

Hehehehe

View Postjustchecking, on 10 November 2014 - 11:58 PM, said:

Going to blizzcon looking for a fight is like going to the official wow arena forums for pvp advice :)

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

#25 Dagin

Dagin
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Lightninghoof
  • Shadowburn
  • Posts: 1508
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/0/2/1/0
  • RBG: 2049
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 01 August 2013 - 07:50 PM

If this means I can run healer hunter(marks) caster I don't care at least it will be fun for me =).

Edited by Dagin, 01 August 2013 - 07:50 PM.

Signature removed
"Too Big"- Nerd Vexo
Sorry guys too big
Dale
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=m-gVxKrzb4g
Posted Image

#26 Avarencex

Avarencex
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Posts: 115
  • Talents: Retribution 2/0/0/2/2/0

Posted 01 August 2013 - 07:51 PM

View PostHackattack3, on 01 August 2013 - 06:46 PM, said:

Would give melee insane uptime.  You would basically have to rebuild the game and remove a lot of interrupts/stuns to rebalance.

Not really, if dispels went back to only removing one magic/curse etc then warlocks, mages and shadow priests would become gods. Warlocks would DoT whole teams and you would never be able to dispel fears without a whole lot of luck and rng. Also, good luck getting the deepfreeze with the multitude of magic debuffs already on the target. It would also put resto shamans back on the top tier of healers by allowing them to cleanse spam and heal at the same time, I believe they still have the glyph which is shit now because dispel is on a 8 second cooldown. another selling point of resto shaman is tremor which is basically a requirement for a warlock dominated season ESPECCIALLY if dispel went back to the way it was, which was the case in s11.

If anything melee comps would be further down the totem pole than ever before if dispel was back to the style it was in previous expansions.

Edited by Avarencex, 01 August 2013 - 08:00 PM.


#27 Poseyx

Poseyx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Posts: 1213
  • Talents: Arcane 0/0/0/2/0/2
  • LocationNY

Posted 01 August 2013 - 07:55 PM

View PostBraindance, on 01 August 2013 - 06:54 PM, said:


1) The clone change is a nerf for shitters and a buff for good feral.
2) Feral damage scales stupidly well. They can outdps dks on the PTR. Hello 70k rip ticks in dstance
3) Hunters do more damage and have almost the same cc as they do on live because they can pick serpent sting. On top of that they got a baseline interrupt

Both hunters and ferals feel equally retarded on the PTR as they do on live. So no, they don't feel nerfed at all.

All of you should stop commenting on the notes before you actually read ALL of them and digest them fully or before you actually roll a char on the PTR and see how it feels.
I'd love to see one post by you when you aren't bitching or complaining about your retard warr class honestly no one gives a fuck what you have to say your basically a warrior version of zilea just stop fucking posting holy fuck there's 19 threads about you complaining about warriors
www.Twitch.tv/wushington - Multi Gladiator feral stream

Mrlindv - Youtube channel

#28 Avarencex

Avarencex
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Posts: 115
  • Talents: Retribution 2/0/0/2/2/0

Posted 01 August 2013 - 07:59 PM

"accidently quoted myself

Edited by Avarencex, 01 August 2013 - 07:59 PM.


#29 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 3779
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:04 PM

View PostPoseyx, on 01 August 2013 - 07:55 PM, said:

I'd love to see one post by you when you aren't bitching or complaining about your retard warr class honestly no one gives a fuck what you have to say your basically a warrior version of zilea just stop fucking posting holy fuck there's 19 threads about you complaining about warriors
So much anger but I know why

Location: Buffalo, NY

View Postjustchecking, on 10 November 2014 - 11:58 PM, said:

Going to blizzcon looking for a fight is like going to the official wow arena forums for pvp advice :)

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

#30 Abidalzim

Abidalzim
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Posts: 397
  • Talents: Enhancement 0/2/0/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1878
  • 3v3: 2351
  • 5v5: 864

Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:09 PM

View PostPoseyx, on 01 August 2013 - 07:55 PM, said:

your basically a warrior version of zilea
loled

Anyway, playing on atr wotlk is more fun atm.

Edited by Abidalzim, 01 August 2013 - 08:09 PM.

Zaka pa te če naja morš te ne, te pa če pa te ne čuj, kaj te to te je, ne?

#31 Hackattack3

Hackattack3
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Posts: 991
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1609
  • 3v3: 1792
  • RBG: 2050

Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:12 PM

View PostBraindance, on 01 August 2013 - 06:54 PM, said:

1) The clone change is a nerf for shitters and a buff for good feral.
2) Feral damage scales stupidly well. They can outdps dks on the PTR. Hello 70k rip ticks in dstance
3) Hunters do more damage and have almost the same cc as they do on live because they can pick serpent sting. On top of that they got a baseline interrupt

Both hunters and ferals feel equally retarded on the PTR as they do on live. So no, they don't feel nerfed at all.

All of you should stop commenting on the notes before you actually read ALL of them and digest them fully or before you actually roll a char on the PTR and see how it feels.

1)  Absurd statement.

I remember you coming on the forums before 5.3 was releasing crying the sky was falling and mages were going to be the next hero class.  I don't feel you are a good judge of class balance b/c you view the game with "warrior blinders" on.

#32 Hackattack3

Hackattack3
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Posts: 991
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1609
  • 3v3: 1792
  • RBG: 2050

Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:15 PM

View Posta1entity, on 01 August 2013 - 07:21 PM, said:

And yet in other seasons/expansions dispel didn't have cooldown and there were many double caster teams as well as double melee and caster teams 'somehow" were able to fight double melee and win..............

Please try to comprehend several variables at once.

In previous seasons you also did not have the same amount of stuns/interrupts/gap closers.  Back then, if you gave dispell a CD melee wouldn't exist in arenas, now if you remove the dispell CD warlocks and mages would not be able to survive.

#33 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 3779
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:20 PM

View PostHackattack3, on 01 August 2013 - 08:12 PM, said:

1)  Absurd statement.

I remember you coming on the forums before 5.3 was releasing crying the sky was falling and mages were going to be the next hero class.  I don't feel you are a good judge of class balance b/c you view the game with "warrior blinders" on.
You can remember the virgin Mary giving birth to baby Jesus, but unless you find a single post of mine where I said that mages were going to be the next hero class (ROFL), allow me not to believe you.

You can also feel entitled to feel that I'm not a good judge of class balance, but also allow me to feel entitled to feel a good judge of class balance, because contrary to most, not only I can see the big picture, but I also test the stuff that I'm talking about.

Happy hunting for that "hero" post.

View Postjustchecking, on 10 November 2014 - 11:58 PM, said:

Going to blizzcon looking for a fight is like going to the official wow arena forums for pvp advice :)

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

#34 Noname

Noname

Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:23 PM

Well I haven't tried PTR, but I did play season 8. And considering all the seasons, s8 was at least one of the better, even with the PvE gear.

I welcome it.
Posted Image

Three econometricians went out hunting, and came across a large deer. The first econometrician fired, but missed, by a meter to the left. The second econometrician fired, but also missed, by a meter to the right. The third econometrician didn't fire, but shouted in triumph, "We got it! We got it!"

#35 a1entity

a1entity
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Posts: 334
  • Talents:

Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:26 PM

View PostHackattack3, on 01 August 2013 - 08:15 PM, said:

Please try to comprehend several variables at once.

In previous seasons you also did not have the same amount of stuns/interrupts/gap closers.  Back then, if you gave dispell a CD melee wouldn't exist in arenas, now if you remove the dispell CD warlocks and mages would not be able to survive.
I see so this is why double melee works now right, because they have great tools to deal with casters ? Also are you telling caster didn't receive anything in mop and they have same set of tools as in CATA for example ?

#36 Dagin

Dagin
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Lightninghoof
  • Shadowburn
  • Posts: 1508
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/0/2/1/0
  • RBG: 2049
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:35 PM

View PostBraindance, on 01 August 2013 - 06:54 PM, said:

3) Hunters do more damage and have almost the same cc as they do on live because they can pick serpent sting. On top of that they got a baseline interrupt

Both hunters and ferals feel equally retarded on the PTR as they do on live. So no, they don't feel nerfed at all.

All of you should stop commenting on the notes before you actually read ALL of them and digest them fully or before you actually roll a char on the PTR and see how it feels.

The hunter part speaks for itself with your last sentence. Secondly asking us to roll the characters on ptr is fine if you would do it the same the changes they have done to hunter abiltiies and mechanics is pretty drastic I cannot speak for ferals as I do not play one. I wouldn't want to jump to conclusions or false pretenses. Every hunter had silencing shot that baseline ability is is a nerfed version for bm and survival. They can however pick wyrven sting or binding shot. Also intimidate if you want to count that. Readiness is removed no more double burst dmg or overlapping dr cc. I mean that can't be a big deal I  mean that would be liek removing prep and cold snap entirley granted readiness reset offensive abilities unlike prerp and cold snap. It still is a huge change to play style and what the class can and cannot do.

I mean I have only played 4 classes/specs over 2200 enhance,mage,rogue and hunter

The only relavance is hunter and rogue. The other two I don't consider since it has been a long time since I played them. However, I still would not try to offer any input on anything other than Hunter as I have played it exclusively this expansion. you seem to be an expert on these other classes just off the ptr. I mean when you have great info like all the hunters picking "serpent sting" for their cc who would dare question the credibility. Just like me saying all warrors glyph for gagorder for that "extra" ranged silence ya know!

Edited by Dagin, 01 August 2013 - 08:41 PM.

Signature removed
"Too Big"- Nerd Vexo
Sorry guys too big
Dale
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=m-gVxKrzb4g
Posted Image

#37 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 3779
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:51 PM

View PostDagin, on 01 August 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

The hunter part speaks for itself with your last sentence. Secondly asking us to roll the characters on ptr is fine if you would do it the same the changes they have done to hunter abiltiies and mechanics is pretty drastic I cannot speak for ferals as I do not play one. I wouldn't want to jump to conclusions or false pretenses.

I mean I have only played 4 classes/specs over 2200 enhance,mage,rogue and hunter

The only relavance is hunter and rogue. The other two I don't consider since it has been a long time since I played them. However, I still would not try to offer any input on anything other than Hunter as I have played it exclusively this expansion. you seem to be an expert on these other classes just off the ptr. I mean when you have great info like all the hunters picking "serpent sting" for their cc who would dare question the credibility. Just like me saying all warrors glyph for gagorder for that "extra" ranged silence ya know!
This is the prime example of why I no longer take people on AJ seriously.

Out of all the info I posted you picked the part where I made a typo, and instead of wyvern sting I typed serpent sting.

Since I am on the PTR and you're not (not referring specifically to you), I'm 10 times more qualified than anyone not playing on the PTR to judge the effectiveness of each class in 5.4.

I have made peace with the fact that there are some people that like me and and some people that don't. I am always here for those that want to lend their ear and listen to what a have to say, right or wrong, rude or polite.

So you can flame all you want, but once 5.4 hits live you will see the truth behind my words.

View Postjustchecking, on 10 November 2014 - 11:58 PM, said:

Going to blizzcon looking for a fight is like going to the official wow arena forums for pvp advice :)

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

#38 Juku

Juku
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 98
  • Talents: Unholy 1/0/2/2/0/2
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:59 PM

ArenaJunkies Drinking game:

1. Browse arenajunkies for a few hours.
2. Take a shot every time you see a post by braindance referencing that warriors are underpowered.
3. Die of alcohol poisoning
Posted Image

#39 zier123

zier123
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Nordrassil
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Posts: 109
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/2/.

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:15 PM

all i read was thread title thought id contribue

just shitting on a team then the ele procs and i died from 100%

shit game

#40 Kettu

Kettu
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Dunemaul
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Posts: 643
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/2/0/2/0
  • RBG: 960
  • LocationKuwait

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:28 PM

View PostBraindance, on 01 August 2013 - 08:51 PM, said:

Since I am on the PTR and you're not (not referring specifically to you), I'm 10 times more qualified than anyone not playing on the PTR to judge the effectiveness of each class in 5.4.
Gotta disagree with this. For the classes, which you are an expert at playing yourself, yes. For other classes, no.

For example, hunters. I can scrim through the hunter patch notes in 20 seconds and I'll instantly know exactly in what kind of state hunters will be next patch, without ever even logging into PTR. Same goes for top players of every class. Therefore saying you're more qualified to judge the effectiveness of some particular class (excluding your main class) is a bit naive, no offense.

Another example: Zerlog (1800 rated rbg mage) has played on PTR. You (gladiator warrior) haven't played on PTR, you have just checked the warrior patch notes.
---> Zerlog is 10 times more qualified than you to judge the effectiveness of warriors?




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<