• Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Combat 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2215
  • LocationSouthern Germany

Posted 01 August 2013 - 11:04 AM

Posted Image

Aleksandr "Diablous" Skvortsov has released his latest Enhancement Shaman PvP movie called "Burn me alive". We had the time to ask him some questions.

ArenaJunkies: Hello Diablous, first of all congratulations to your latest PvP movie "Burn me alive" and thanks for taking the time to answer some questions. Let's start out with a short introduction. Since when do you play Enhancement Shaman?

Diablous: Hello, thanks for having me here. I started in 2004 on Chromaggus eu, then migrated to Stormscale eu in season 5 and been there since then(my alt is on Outland tho).

ArenaJunkies: Did you play in tournaments?

Diablous: In this video we played in MiR 2# tournament in the loser's bracket vs Nauree's team 2-0.
We disqualified from the first winner's bracket game instantly, because one of us wasn't online when needed.
The game starts in the video from 17:00. This is the results of the tournament http://challonge.com/mirtournament

ArenaJunkies: You start out with the metal song "Scapegoat" by "The Agony Scene" from the Christian label "Solid State Records" and your trademark Diablous mask that reminds a bit of the painted animal masks from Papua New Guinea. The movie is called "Burn me alive", the launching fire that could come from Dante's Inferno. How did you develop that mix of symbols?

Diablous: My name Diablous is not in any way connected with The Agony Scene or Scapegoat.  I've been using my name since 2004 when I switched from Diablo to World of Warcraft. The movie is called Burn Me Alive because of the lyrics in the video.

ArenaJunkies: How long did the editing take?

Diablous: It took weeks, the biggest part was to search through all 3+ terabytes of games I've been recording.
The games that didn't make it to the video, will be released on my Youtube channel at some point.

ArenaJunkies: Did you have professional training or did you learn editing and 3D all by yourself?

Diablous: Not really, took me a week to master it, not hard at all when you are focused on the stuff you are trying to do. The intro is actually my first pice of 3D.

ArenaJunkies: Back to more basic topics. What is the current state of Enhancement Shamans regarding balance?

Diablous: Enhancements are in good state of balance right now, and they are only going up in the next patch, possibly being the top melee.

ArenaJunkies: Did you test patch 5.4 on PTR?

Diablous: Yea, I always play the PTR to get ahead in the upcomming patch. The enhancement is just getting stronger and stronger.

ArenaJunkies: Will you qualify for the regionals?

Diablous: I was planning to do so this season, but as always, I end up having no team that is willing to practice, everyone is just aiming to get their gladiator tittle.

ArenaJunkies: If players have questions about Enhancement Shamans - is there a way to contact you without being annoying?

Diablous: Messaging me via Youtube is the best way, that way I can anwser them when I have time, and not when I'm doing arena ingame.

ArenaJunkies: Do you have links you would like to share to your stream or social media accounts?

Diablous: My stream on Twitch is: www.twitch.tv/diablous and my Youtube channel is: www.youtube.com/diablouseu

ArenaJunkies: Any shout-outs?

Diablous: Shout-outs to Arenajunkies, Prestige-Gaming and Warcraftmovies for promoting my movie on their sites.
Also a shout-out to MiR guild on Outland eu for having me in their tournament.

ArenaJunkies: Thank you for the interview Diablous.

New to ArenaJunkies?
AJ is the forum in which World of Warcraft arena is discussed. Our site is well known for the distinction made between Junkies and normal members. Only Junkies (former gladiators or players rated 2.2k or higher in 3v3 bracket this season) can write in some parts of the forums (General Section for example). Everyone, however, can write comments on the news and is able to post on the class forums. You can login if you are registered at other Curse websites like MMO Champion. If you're not, then just create a new account.

Follow Arena Junkies
Posted ImagePosted Image

Want to play on the ArenaPass tournament realm?
The registration is still open. You can not only compete for a spot to the regional BlizzCon qualifiers but also win a Murloc pet and the Vanquisher title, have up to 11 fully geared characters for the arena and ride close to any mount you like. Also you can /wave into the livestream or say hello to the tournament players.
More infos and registration: http://battle.net/wow/community/arena/

#2 Juku

Juku
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Unholy 1/0/2/2/0/2
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 01 August 2013 - 12:28 PM

Wouldnt consider being able to crit someone for 130k+ a "balanced state"
Posted Image

#3 Euerfeldi

Euerfeldi
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Norgannon
  • Embuscade / Hinterhalt
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/2/2/1/0

Posted 01 August 2013 - 01:13 PM

Purge, purge,... owait mage under 50%... ASCENDENCE, collect points.

#4 Elorxo

Elorxo
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Discipline 1/1/0/0/1/1
  • 2v2: 2468
  • 3v3: 2768
  • 5v5: 2233
  • RBG: 2243
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 01 August 2013 - 01:15 PM

View PostJuku, on 01 August 2013 - 12:28 PM, said:

Wouldnt consider being able to crit someone for 130k+ a "balanced state"

what class do you play again?

#5 Angrypiexx

Angrypiexx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Shadow 0/1/2/1/2/1
  • RBG: 2014

Posted 01 August 2013 - 01:40 PM

Stuff Dropping to 50% ? POP ALL cds and rape em from 20miles despite being a melee class.

Posted Image

yep... skills and balance everywheere. Stopped watching after 4 minutes, really good editing but terribly boring playstile (hunter cleaves ? LOL) and annoyin as fuck music.

2/5, wouldn't watch again.

#6 Samyh

Samyh

Posted 01 August 2013 - 01:43 PM

View PostAngrypiexx, on 01 August 2013 - 01:40 PM, said:

Stuff Dropping to 50% ? POP ALL cds and rape em from 20miles despite being a melee class.

Posted Image

yep... skills and balance everywheere. Stopped watching after 4 minutes, really good editing but terribly boring playstile (hunter cleaves ? LOL) and annoyin as fuck music.

i have to agree

#7 amirdaheat

amirdaheat
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/1/2/2
  • RBG: 2269

Posted 01 August 2013 - 01:48 PM

music worse than dubstep

edit: first song that is

Edited by amirdaheat, 01 August 2013 - 01:51 PM.

Posted Image

#8 Bootzx

Bootzx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Subtlety 2/2/2/0/0/0
  • RBG: 1826

Posted 01 August 2013 - 01:59 PM

So I should just watch darkpussian 1 again?

#9 Giky

Giky
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Aggra (Português)
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 01 August 2013 - 02:19 PM

nice vid, nice music. this haters complain about everything.. lol, go cry to the blizzard forums instead

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Fire 0/2/2/2/1/2
  • RBG: 2573

Posted 01 August 2013 - 02:20 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Zerlog, 01 August 2013 - 02:21 PM.

#11 Vamel

Vamel
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-The Maelstrom
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Shadow 0/0/1/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 948
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 576

Posted 01 August 2013 - 02:23 PM

Posted Image

indd     good editing          but        dat ascendance     is s000000 lol                   btw nice pic HAHA   i /cry         +rep

#12 Capstone

Capstone

Posted 01 August 2013 - 03:59 PM

I watched the video. The editing is good.

The music immediately reverts that redeeming factor, and then extends the favor of ruining the experience for the viewer some more. The opening highlight reel of popping ascendance and using a ranged ability that instantly kills someone with 50% hp is an idea that classes where one button does not govern the outcome of their game have used to thrive on, but from the perspective of an enhancement shaman who is permanently in Ascendance for the duration of the montage, the reel is truly cringeworthy. I truly feel like I am watching a war crime be committed everytime someone uses a defensive cooldown and immediately dies after to the unhealable damage of a hunter and enhancement shaman in rapid succession through editing stormblast on top of stormblast.

In most of the games, there are critical mistakes chaining, DRing, or landing CC on the opposing team's healer, and usually no communication to cross CC. In one game in particular, the team uses cooldowns on a hunter and immediately baits a life swap, then the hunter and shaman each go on a different target, neither of which the priest can heal through, and everything on the opposing team dies (to be fair, the hunter DID call that he was attacking the death knight - Diablous just keeps attacking the hunter, which is the target nearest him [which seems to be the only factor in target calling decision making throughout the video]). Maybe worse yet, is that in the blur of players flopping to an enhance/hunter that uses calling the name of a class as the full extent of their damage coordination, are Michael Jackson songs, remixed into overworked oblivion, which would have him turning over in his grave if he were not grateful to not be alive in a world where the state of the game is where it is.

There are no series as far as I can tell, no losses to see the perspective of the struggles of improving as a Beast Cleave really, and no signs that the team has improved past the point of basic communication and synergy (admittedly, they communicate well between each other). The rest of the music is obnoxious to the point where you might want to mute it if you weren't objectively evaluating it - but none of the music is as bad as the first song, "Scapegoat," a thrash metal song performed by The Agony Scene, which repeats the same message over a dozen times in just under two minutes - "Burn Me Alive".

The video is titled "Burn Me Alive", for what reason I don't know - maybe Burn Me Alive is a plea from Diablous to the naive WoW community, and the montage of ascendance stormblasts playing to the repeated title is indeed a collection of war crimes - a confession. Maybe Diablous can't help but share his masochistic desires with the ArenaJunkies community - he has, after all, been playing an enhancement shaman since 2004. It could just very well be, though, that the title was as poorly planned as the idea to open with a montage of that which annoys the arena community more than anything, the poor musical score, or even his choice of class since 2004; perhaps the title was chosen simply because Diablous is a fan of that utterly unbearable song, and thought the phrase "Burn Me Alive" repeated constantly in its under-three-minute duration just sounded cool, and decided to title his video to repeat it one more time, as if to stain our minds with the horror of enhancement shamans ascendancing down their competition with one more repetition of the phrase. If it's of any consolation, I will probably repeat it to the person nearest me if I ever listen to the song again.

I give this video two :hunter: :hunter:  / :hunter: :hunter: :hunter: :hunter: :hunter: , its editing and effort is commendable, but I have no earthly idea why it is on the front page of AJ.

#13 Angrypiexx

Angrypiexx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 01 August 2013 - 05:06 PM

View PostZerlog, on 01 August 2013 - 02:20 PM, said:

usual random shit

i seriously think you have no life what so ever. Seems like your main goal is to post random gif on any AJ post. No idea why you should be considered a "junkie" while you sit shit ratings and never achvied anything in your gamin life .. Seriously mate, lave the basement and get some fresh air. i promise you, real life graphic is much better than wow/internet one

Edited by Angrypiexx, 01 August 2013 - 05:07 PM.

#14 Juku

Juku
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Unholy 1/0/2/2/0/2
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:44 PM

View PostElorxo, on 01 August 2013 - 01:15 PM, said:

what class do you play again?

Hunter, but I play mm anyways. And bm/mm cant get crits anywhere near that. The specs are more like death by a thousand paper cuts
Posted Image

#15 Samyh

Samyh

Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:51 PM

View PostAngrypiexx, on 01 August 2013 - 05:06 PM, said:

i seriously think you have no life what so ever. Seems like your main goal is to post random gif on any AJ post. No idea why you should be considered a "junkie" while you sit shit ratings and never achvied anything in your gamin life .. Seriously mate, lave the basement and get some fresh air. i promise you, real life graphic is much better than wow/internet one

lol ur an angry pie

#16 deangryamigo

deangryamigo
  • Members

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:15 PM

diablous is a great player. but really this just shows how retarted this game and enhance is atm. pressing ascendance is by far the most game changing thing an enhancement can do

#17 Angrypiexx

Angrypiexx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:22 PM

View PostSamyh, on 01 August 2013 - 08:51 PM, said:

lol ur an angry pie

More like an exausted pie... this guy gets the worse of me

#18 Hackattack3

Hackattack3
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1609
  • 3v3: 1792
  • RBG: 2050

Posted 01 August 2013 - 10:06 PM

Enhance is a complete abomination.

#19 samcope14

samcope14
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Subtlety 2/0/0/0/2/.
  • RBG: 1700

Posted 01 August 2013 - 11:31 PM

I liked the video. 5/5

#20 Snuggli

Snuggli
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Steamwheedle Cartel
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Feral 2/0/2/1/0/2
  • 2v2: 1925
  • 3v3: 2209
  • RBG: 384
  • LocationUK

Posted 02 August 2013 - 03:17 AM

View PostCapstone, on 01 August 2013 - 03:59 PM, said:

massive wall of text

if anyone skipped it, go back and read it. 10/10 review.

View PostBraindance, on 11 October 2013 - 12:44 PM, said:

Go listen to some Bieber shit and leave me alone fucko.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<