Moonkin PVP Arena

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 nXile

nXile
  • Members

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:04 PM

Hi all,

I've been playing resto for a while now and decided recently to give balance and shot. I read throug the Lazer Chicken guide (which was really helpful) that is stickied here, but it didn' t have a lot of information on playstyle.

I understand how the exclipse mechanic works in PVE, but in PVP I can't quite figure it out. How you do you get your energy? Do you just spam dots? Or do you just hard cast wraths and hope that you don't get interupted?

What's your typical rotation if say, you run into a melee class 1v1 in Warsong Gulch? What about when you engage in a 2v2/3v3 fight?

I just haven't been able to find a good rythem in PVP and any advice about how you're supposed to do moonkin dmg would be greatly appreciated.

#2 Hogardude

Hogardude
  • Members

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:16 PM

Astral Communion let's you get in eclipse without having to hardcast wrath/starfire.

As of the 1v1 with a melee cenario, I try to root him before he gets to me, use that defensive root stuff, bounce away when he gets close again, typhoon him away next time. This, while dotting and using daz procs and always keep rejuvenation up. Maybe you can have some nukes in the meantime, you know. Also barksin when the guy hits hard (or looks scary).
if burst cd's are awailable is something like: starsurge, put dots, starfall, starfire, procs, click and get insignia.
Alternative: cyclone and run to safety.

Wish I could help, but I haven't played lazer chicken for real in a while.

Edit: Maybe I should say I'm sorry about my english and say it's not my main language, but I guess it seems evident xD

Edited by Hogardude, 31 July 2013 - 06:24 PM.

#3 Creamo

Creamo
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents:

Posted 31 July 2013 - 07:05 PM

I tend to dot everything in sight. Players, pets, lock gateways, totems (not the fake ones), npc critters, everything. The more dots ticking away, the higher chance of getting a surge proc.
For your opener, try to be one cast (~75%) to lunar eclipse when you start. This isn't really so much of an option in arenas since AC goes solar first, but next patch it'll prefer lunar. Get in range, starfall, and start multi-dotting. You may want to fire them at a kill target in arena or rateds, but in normal solo bg's I tend to just fire them wherever I'm looking. :rolleyes:
/cast [target=focus] Starsurge
After starfall and your first proc, you should be in lunar, and ready to pop starfall again. So let it rip, refresh dots on the world, and when it ends, if you still have enemies and you're not dead yet, pop those cd's! (I personally macro engi gloves to starfall and slot 14 trinket to CA.) You now have a third starfall, use it, and multidot again. After this if you're still alive and they are too, I don't know what to tell you.
#showtooltip
/cast Celestial Alignment
/cast Berserking
/use 14
#show starfall
/use 10
/cast Starfall
Don't be afraid to spam moonfire and sunfire while moving. I usually try to keep refreshing both. If you have a couple melee up in your grill, treants are your best friend. Put down mushrooms where you can and kite over them too, it helps! Once they cross the patch, typhoon!

You're going to want to cast every chance you get, starting with starsurge. Get used to weaving in surge procs after your cast, it triggers a gcd but gives you half a sec to check health bars and such anyway. Treants are off gcd, so you could pop one after that and peel for your teammate if you wanted to.

Facing casters and healers, I usually pop a treant for root, solar beam, ursol's then treant again. After ursol's grabs them, maybe a third if you're fast. Force of Nature, the ultimate troll ability.

Regarding the eclipse question, we get energy from being critically hit (pvp 2pc), from shooting stars procs, and wrath/starfire. If you're having problems getting into eclipse, glyph of omens is probably for you.

I don't even fotm

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Moonkin, PVP, Arena

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<