Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help

Latest Patch Change: 10% Haste to all things (Unholy)


  • Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Yubel

Yubel
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 436
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/2/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 1725
  • 3v3: 2503
  • RBG: 384

Posted 30 July 2013 - 04:29 AM

Posted Image
Death Knight


General
  • Unholy Presence now grants a flat 10% Haste to all things, up from Haste for melee (attack speed and Rune regeneration) only. The movement speed buff remains unchanged.


Once again, Unholy being buffed, whilst Frost is left in the dirt. I'm tired of Unholy always gaining the upper hand over Frost.

Why couldn't Frost have just been left alone with the Death's Advance + Glyph of Pillar of Frost synergy?


Question:

What does "all things" include? Does this mean Unholy Presence now gives literally a 10% baseline haste increase?
Please review signature rules.

#2 Donism

Donism
  • Members
  • Posts: 4

Posted 30 July 2013 - 04:41 AM

quit moaning. frost is such a boring dumbed down melee spec

#3 Yubel

Yubel
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 436
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/2/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 1725
  • 3v3: 2503
  • RBG: 384

Posted 30 July 2013 - 04:45 AM

View PostDonism, on 30 July 2013 - 04:41 AM, said:

quit moaning. frost is such a boring dumbed down melee spec

No. It might not be as versatile as Unholy is, but Frost certainly isn't useless. It is simplified as you say, but it isn't boring. I generally find it fun to see large numbers flying across my screen for a change instead of solely stacking necrotics and watching the enemies health dwindle away.
Please review signature rules.

#4 flannelsoff

flannelsoff
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 805
  • Talents: Frost 2/0/1/0/1/0
  • RBG: 2818

Posted 30 July 2013 - 04:56 AM

pillar of frost glyph + death advance isn't "synergy", it's just retarded

#5 Ultraxz

Ultraxz
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 364
  • Talents: Demonology

Posted 30 July 2013 - 05:05 AM

im thinking haste for disease ticks

#6 Drazziefresh

Drazziefresh
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Posts: 261
  • Talents: Elemental 0/1/2/2/0/0
  • RBG: 192

Posted 30 July 2013 - 07:49 AM

View PostMadaraMVP, on 30 July 2013 - 04:29 AM, said:

Posted Image
Death Knight


General
  • Unholy Presence now grants a flat 10% Haste to all things, up from Haste for melee (attack speed and Rune regeneration) only. The movement speed buff remains unchanged.

Once again, Unholy being buffed, whilst Frost is left in the dirt. I'm tired of Unholy always gaining the upper hand over Frost.

Why couldn't Frost have just been left alone with the Death's Advance + Glyph of Pillar of Frost synergy?


Question:

What does "all things" include? Does this mean Unholy Presence now gives literally a 10% baseline haste increase?
not like you see high rated frost deathkings anyways in the scene.
pee in her butt br0

#7 Aspira

Aspira
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Moonglade
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Posts: 48
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/2/2/0/2
  • RBG: 576

Posted 30 July 2013 - 07:54 AM

View PostUltraxz, on 30 July 2013 - 05:05 AM, said:

im thinking haste for disease ticks

That is a heck of a buff.

Edit: Assuming Unholy's passive receives this change as well that's really going to be something.

#8 Ownu

Ownu
  • Locationcal

Posted 30 July 2013 - 08:13 AM

Dk in general isnt looking very good next patch. We're pretty sub par right now--even unholy--compared to fotm comps out there. As long as blizz says "you cant have mobility as a dk becuase you have a few ranged spells" then frost is going to be in the shitter

#9 Juku

Juku
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 98
  • Talents: Unholy 1/0/2/2/0/2
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 30 July 2013 - 08:15 AM

Frost is awful, lost all its fun when hungering cold was removed. Moar unholy buffs, they are going to be insane next patch along with plague leech
Posted Image

#10 Equalwin

Equalwin
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Ragnaros
  • Vindication
  • Posts: 121
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 0/0/1/2/2/0

Posted 30 July 2013 - 08:23 AM

this is kinda a nerf I guess, since it's 20% now (it counts as 20% haste right? (just runes)) now it gonna be 10% but it gonna work with diseases and shits.

#11 Donism

Donism
  • Members
  • Posts: 4

Posted 30 July 2013 - 08:35 AM

no its 20% only because unholy spec receives an extra 10%. its just talking about unholy pres not unholy spec so it should still be 20% i believe.

#12 Aspira

Aspira
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Moonglade
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Posts: 48
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/2/2/0/2
  • RBG: 576

Posted 30 July 2013 - 10:01 AM

View PostDonism, on 30 July 2013 - 08:35 AM, said:

no its 20% only because unholy spec receives an extra 10%. its just talking about unholy pres not unholy spec so it should still be 20% i believe.

Yeah, this change will apply for Unholy Presence for the other specs too. So far only the base Unholy Pres has been changed.

#13 XtraT

XtraT
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Uldum
  • Cyclone
  • Posts: 201
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 30 July 2013 - 10:40 AM

View PostUltraxz, on 30 July 2013 - 05:05 AM, said:

im thinking haste for disease ticks

Haste never affected diseases.

#14 Payback

Payback
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Posts: 156
  • Talents: Unholy 0/1/2/2/0/2
  • RBG: 1904

Posted 30 July 2013 - 01:53 PM

So what else would the 10% flat haste effect. As of now, haste only effects our rune recharge rate, attack speed, ghoul energy recharge, ghoul attack speed. Am I missing something here?
My list of TOP WoW PVPERs atm
1. Swifty
2. xaryu
3. Clinda
4. Mitchjones

5. Reckful

#15 Darthgnoe

Darthgnoe
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery
  • Posts: 1045
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 2415
  • 3v3: 2523
  • 5v5: 2040
  • RBG: 1837

Posted 30 July 2013 - 02:20 PM

They changed this because rune regen was affecting RPPM trinket procs and so runic corruption was too, making us do okish in pve cause of a bug, they fixed it now but this also means they're going to buff us so pve doesn't get nerfed.

I'm wondering what they'll throw at us, but tbh I'm just glad they're removing gnaw and leap off gcd

After some investigation, we found that rune regeneration mechanics were, indeed, giving an unintended increase to RPPM proc rates. Unholy in particular gains a significant performance boost from this bug. We're going to fix the bug, but we'll also be compensating Unholy.

Edited by Darthgnoe, 30 July 2013 - 02:23 PM.


#16 Payback

Payback
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Posts: 156
  • Talents: Unholy 0/1/2/2/0/2
  • RBG: 1904

Posted 30 July 2013 - 02:25 PM

View PostDarthgnoe, on 30 July 2013 - 02:20 PM, said:

They changed this because rune regen was affecting RPPM trinket procs and so runic corruption was too, making us do okish in pve cause of a bug, they fixed it now but this also means they're going to buff us so pve doesn't get nerfed.

I'm wondering what they'll throw at us, but tbh I'm just glad they're removing gnaw and leap off gcd

After some investigation, we found that rune regeneration mechanics were, indeed, giving an unintended increase to RPPM proc rates. Unholy in particular gains a significant performance boost from this bug. We're going to fix the bug, but we'll also be compensating Unholy.

gnaw and leap should have been fixed ages ago. It's one of those things that are too little too late. Still wanna know what the flat %10 haste will do to DKs and how it will effect DKs. In all honest, I would give all that shit back (ghoul, gnaw "fix", 10% flat haste) for some fucking mobility. Maybe making DA passive. Tired of being stuck in roots 75% of the match.
My list of TOP WoW PVPERs atm
1. Swifty
2. xaryu
3. Clinda
4. Mitchjones

5. Reckful

#17 Scarkx

Scarkx
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Archimonde
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Posts: 48
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/2/2/0/2
  • RBG: 2225
  • LocationAlone in the Dark

Posted 30 July 2013 - 02:37 PM

You forgot, hast affects Gargy too, normally

#18 Payback

Payback
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Posts: 156
  • Talents: Unholy 0/1/2/2/0/2
  • RBG: 1904

Posted 30 July 2013 - 02:46 PM

View PostGennoken, on 30 July 2013 - 02:37 PM, said:

You forgot, hast affects Gargy too, normally

It doesn't. Gargoyle benefits from spell haste.
My list of TOP WoW PVPERs atm
1. Swifty
2. xaryu
3. Clinda
4. Mitchjones

5. Reckful

#19 Santhos

Santhos
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Posts: 26
  • Talents: Subtlety 0/2/2/0/0/1

Posted 30 July 2013 - 03:23 PM

View PostPayback, on 30 July 2013 - 02:46 PM, said:

It doesn't. Gargoyle benefits from spell haste.

And this indeed will be affected in 5.4! Atleast according to the wording used. "Unholy presence now increases _all_ haste..."

#20 Zaephyr

Zaephyr
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Posts: 3503
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/2/2/0/2
  • RBG: 2416

Posted 30 July 2013 - 03:26 PM

View Postflannelsoff, on 30 July 2013 - 04:56 AM, said:

pillar of frost glyph + death advance isn't "synergy", it's just retarded

they aren't gonna stack holinka said
"Please use an appropriate signature; thanks! www.arenajunkies.com/forum-9/announcement-3-forum-rules-2272014




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<