• Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Elemental
  • RBG: 192

Posted 03 August 2013 - 07:29 AM

View PostMoreudirl, on 31 July 2013 - 12:55 AM, said:

he cast so many healing sphere, because he has the healing sphere bot. So you can target your party members and it aims them for you...

I don't see why you couldn't just ask him how he drops them rather than just blindly accusing him of cheating. When I initially heard down the grape vine that you were trying to start rumors of him cheating I was told and I quote "Fadez thinks hes using a bot because he uses one so he knows what it looks like." Maybe you could benefit from his UI/Macros :)

As someone who plays with him often I can assure you with the amount we have to communicate with him to slow down/stop when hes having a hard time healing there's no way hes using some sort of bot.

#22 Moreudirl

Moreudirl
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/1/0/2/2
  • RBG: 2481

Posted 03 August 2013 - 09:33 AM

its not a bad thing to use a bot, dno why it matters

i dont use it though, i hardly even sphere anyone

Edited by Moreudirl, 03 August 2013 - 09:34 AM.

#23 Shridevi

Shridevi
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/2/0/1
  • 2v2: 1847
  • 3v3: 2218
  • 5v5: 1611
  • RBG: 2028

Posted 03 August 2013 - 10:34 PM

Blizzard just needs to fix MWs.  Regardless of whether Danny uses a bot or not, which he doesn't, MWs aren't designed to be played like a FPS where you drop orbs.  Even if we emulate that style it won't be available to most people playing MW.  Blizz won't like it either and they'll eventually put some cooldown on orbs.  

The fact that he needs to play that way, plus undead, plus an ele for decurse/2 tremors/grounding/offheals, should really indicate what Blizz needs to change for the spec.  I don't see a MW comp without an enh/ele, or ret, possibly spriest, NE/undead racial, being even duelist viable let alone glad.  And it's not like those classes/specs need us like we need them in the first place, they're better off with rdruid LSD1 or any other healer for that matter.

MW pvp is the rag doll between MW pve and WW pvp/pve for which Blizzard has focused their entire balancing around on the PTR.  Therefore nerf to expel harm glyph, nerf to revival, planned nerf for mana tea (which they reverted), and bogus benefits like more mp5 from chi brew and Xuen bar.

#24 Mageic

Mageic
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Elemental
  • RBG: 192

Posted 04 August 2013 - 01:19 AM

He also plays fire destro monk and it does as good or better than our LSM. Danny honestly thinks monks are one of if not the best healer in the game and I have a hard time disagreeing with him based on how well we do with him vs other healers, regardless of comp. In 5.4 things could change though due to the lack of buffs compared to the other healers.

I personally think the sphere is a very cool skill based way of healing and would hate to see it go, but I do agree the undead racial is a crutch.

#25 Primius

Primius
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/0/0/1
  • 2v2: 2039
  • 3v3: 2519
  • 5v5: 1150
  • RBG: 959

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:19 PM

View PostMageic, on 04 August 2013 - 01:19 AM, said:

He also plays fire destro monk and it does as good or better than our LSM. Danny honestly thinks monks are one of if not the best healer in the game and I have a hard time disagreeing with him based on how well we do with him vs other healers, regardless of comp. In 5.4 things could change though due to the lack of buffs compared to the other healers.

I personally think the sphere is a very cool skill based way of healing and would hate to see it go, but I do agree the undead racial is a crutch.

I think you are missing his point.

I am sure the Destro Lock partner is great so they can dispel him out of CC. The problem is no one should have to play with one or two classes or be a particular race in order to do well.

MW monks are garbage on many levels. Healing Spheres are awesome but he is only able to fully take advantage of them because of the classes he plays with.

He wouldn't be nearly as successful being the healer in PHD, or RMP, or Jungle Cleave ect...ect.. The point is MW are tied to classes that can get them out of CC since it's trivial for other teams to control them.  When you have such a massive weakness that is easily exploited by the other team so much so that you are dependent on running with either a Lock, Shaman, or Ret in your team something is wrong.

Also I think the overall skill level of players should be taken into account. Danny is a great player and I give him massive credit. However the majority of the people are never going to be Danny. The spec should not be off limits to these people because they can't crap out green orbs all over the place like a pro. It doesn't take into account that many people play with various levels of lag making dropping orbs problematic for many.

I know for myself if I am having lag the difference in my performance with healing sphere is like day and night.  Ultimately the class needs some serious reworking.  I really enjoy the class and I haven't done to bad (2100 in 2s/3s) so far this season.  I just don't have a pro Ret, Lock, or Shaman to play with. I play with a DK and a Rogue.  Because of that pushing higher then 2100 has been virtually impossible, and Healing Spheres are normally my #1 heal every match.

#26 monk134

monk134
  • Members

Posted 05 August 2013 - 08:11 PM

Is UD must in order to be consistent or perhaps nelf meld can work too ?

#27 Primius

Primius
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 07 August 2013 - 04:10 PM

View PostMoreudirl, on 03 August 2013 - 09:33 AM, said:

its not a bad thing to use a bot, dno why it matters

i dont use it though, i hardly even sphere anyone

Do you just use surging mist for burst? I use to just spirit to the max to use Surging Mist whenever I needed to without going oom. I switch things around and now am running like 9000 spirit instead of 12000, but I have about 2200 more spell power then before (human two int pve trinkets instead of two spirit trinkets).

After watching Danny's videos I have been using healing spheres nearly exclusively to the point that Surging Mist never gets cast.  I find that healing spheres throw teams off and makes it far harder to lock me out then before when I was using surging mist a ton.  I also have less mana issues now.

So if you could elaborate what you do it would be appreciated. I have found that Renewing Mist and Enveloping Mist stopped being effective ways of keeping people up once I broke 2k in 2s and 3s. Now if I am not spamming spheres or like previous Surging Mist people drop.  Soothing + Enveloping + Renewing just isn't good enough anymore.

#28 Shridevi

Shridevi
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/2/0/1
  • 2v2: 1847
  • 3v3: 2218
  • 5v5: 1611
  • RBG: 2028

Posted 08 August 2013 - 08:39 PM

View PostPrimius, on 07 August 2013 - 04:10 PM, said:

Do you just use surging mist for burst? I use to just spirit to the max to use Surging Mist whenever I needed to without going oom. I switch things around and now am running like 9000 spirit instead of 12000, but I have about 2200 more spell power then before (human two int pve trinkets instead of two spirit trinkets).

After watching Danny's videos I have been using healing spheres nearly exclusively to the point that Surging Mist never gets cast.  I find that healing spheres throw teams off and makes it far harder to lock me out then before when I was using surging mist a ton.  I also have less mana issues now.

So if you could elaborate what you do it would be appreciated. I have found that Renewing Mist and Enveloping Mist stopped being effective ways of keeping people up once I broke 2k in 2s and 3s. Now if I am not spamming spheres or like previous Surging Mist people drop.  Soothing + Enveloping + Renewing just isn't good enough anymore.

That's interesting.  Are you using his addon/system to show the nameplate of your target?  Cause I want to find out how.  I feel like you have to go 100% this style or the normal style.  Once you stop using surging then there's less chi for enveloping, so you'd need to use even more orbs, reserve mouse for orb placing, then change every macro basically to fit his style.

Being locked usually isn't a problem for me, more often than not it's just blankets.  I paralyze/interrupt/disarm dps and have 3 orbs placed at a location beforehand.  I don't think going "all orbs" is the key, maybe vs comps with feral or mage; it seems to be more of playing the right comp with classes that can break CC, live through healer CC, and do most of the group's CC.  Some of the positioning Dannycarey uses in the videos I wouldn't dare in 1000000 years, in range of clone/skull bash/psychic scream.  His comp allows him to play offensively with leg sweep and even some melee dps, with trinket basically reserved for clone.  IMO it's not 100% advantageous to always orb when you can combine pre-placed orbs with surging/enveloping, granted you stay out of (vs Cdew) clone/skull bash range or at least get the feral to lose position to do so.  I think his comp also allows him to tunnel a little with placing orbs since spriest/rsham position/ccs aren't a huge deal, then as a result skullbash also isn't a huge deal.

IMO MWs in general can be a huge counter for rsham, it's the only healer we can sit on, force trinket with either para or stun, interrupt, jade lightning grounding, lust/trans out of roots to avoid capacitor.  Danny does a great job with this IMO.  Cdew's comp is also a good counter but lock portal with lock/ele burst is crazy.   I don't think high mmr teams know exactly how to counter monks yet (since there are none), a swap to danny with low mana/high mana tea stacks could have done a lot, especially (it can be done) skullbash to transcendence, silence/DP, or even last second hex.  Definitely with clone/windshear on ele and fear to lock.

Edited by Shridevi, 08 August 2013 - 08:40 PM.

#29 Primius

Primius
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 08 August 2013 - 10:16 PM

View PostShridevi, on 08 August 2013 - 08:39 PM, said:

That's interesting.  Are you using his addon/system to show the nameplate of your target?  Cause I want to find out how.  I feel like you have to go 100% this style or the normal style.  Once you stop using surging then there's less chi for enveloping, so you'd need to use even more orbs, reserve mouse for orb placing, then change every macro basically to fit his style.

Being locked usually isn't a problem for me, more often than not it's just blankets.  I paralyze/interrupt/disarm dps and have 3 orbs placed at a location beforehand.  I don't think going "all orbs" is the key, maybe vs comps with feral or mage; it seems to be more of playing the right comp with classes that can break CC, live through healer CC, and do most of the group's CC.  Some of the positioning Dannycarey uses in the videos I wouldn't dare in 1000000 years, in range of clone/skull bash/psychic scream.  His comp allows him to play offensively with leg sweep and even some melee dps, with trinket basically reserved for clone.  IMO it's not 100% advantageous to always orb when you can combine pre-placed orbs with surging/enveloping, granted you stay out of (vs Cdew) clone/skull bash range or at least get the feral to lose position to do so.  I think his comp also allows him to tunnel a little with placing orbs since spriest/rsham position/ccs aren't a huge deal, then as a result skullbash also isn't a huge deal.

IMO MWs in general can be a huge counter for rsham, it's the only healer we can sit on, force trinket with either para or stun, interrupt, jade lightning grounding, lust/trans out of roots to avoid capacitor.  Danny does a great job with this IMO.  Cdew's comp is also a good counter but lock portal with lock/ele burst is crazy.   I don't think high mmr teams know exactly how to counter monks yet (since there are none), a swap to danny with low mana/high mana tea stacks could have done a lot, especially (it can be done) skullbash to transcendence, silence/DP, or even last second hex.  Definitely with clone/windshear on ele and fear to lock.

Oh i use Enveloping/Renew all match but 99% of the time once Enveloping is up I immediately start topping off with orbs and placing them down.

I was having a huge problem with Chi generation after going full blast on Orbs since I don't use soothing mist for anything other then making Enveloping instant. I took your suggestion and went Power Strikes and that seem to fix most of my problems with chi.

I don't use any orb macros. I just use friendly name plates, turned off all the pet name plates, and keep Star and Circle over the top of my DPS so I can easily spot them, and just forced myself to use orbs exclusively for bust healing and it worked out. Started new 2v2 team and we went 39-3 to 2100.  It was a huge improvement over the previous team which also went to 2100 but we struggled to get there.

I don't know if my current 2s team can get much higher then 2100.  Holy/BM gives us so much trouble, and even though we win the majority of our games losing one or two games to 1900 Priest/Hunter or Priest/Feral puts us down on pts.  

This spec really sucks...I can't believe I enjoy it so much. It needs some small but important improvements but it's not looking like it's going to happen. Leveling priest for next season so I guess that's the best solution.

#30 brad235

brad235
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • 2v2: 2101
  • 3v3: 2846

Posted 11 August 2013 - 01:14 AM

Honestly MW is fine, all I think we need is a couple quality of life changes.  Was wondering people's thoughts on if Life Cocoon gave a damage reduction too?  IDK how many times I'll Cocoon and see it break in 2 globals...maybe like a 20-30% dmg reduction on it too?

#31 Primius

Primius
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 11 August 2013 - 05:11 AM

View Postbrad235, on 11 August 2013 - 01:14 AM, said:

Honestly MW is fine, all I think we need is a couple quality of life changes.  Was wondering people's thoughts on if Life Cocoon gave a damage reduction too?  IDK how many times I'll Cocoon and see it break in 2 globals...maybe like a 20-30% dmg reduction on it too?

I would much rather see Life Cocoon get a 1min cooldown in pvp.  

I think Soothing Mist would be a great place to add a 10% damage reduction....

Honestly both of these could be easily done by changing both our set bonuses. Make TFT give Aura Mastery baseline.  4pc makes Life Cocoon 1min cooldown, and 2pc makes Soothing Mist reduce damage by 10%.

I think something also needs to be done to Enveloping. If it's nothing more then boosting soothing mist bonus while it's up. Right now Enveloping Mist isn't good enough to deal with the burst. I have tried haste builds and they do offer more throughput the problem is you give up to much spirit for it to be workable in 3v3.

If we were able to get the 9 ticks like people can in pve on Enveloping because of haste it would solve so many of our single target healing problems.  It's just not possible to get that much haste and have the mana regen to support a team in 3v3.

#32 brad235

brad235
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • 2v2: 2101
  • 3v3: 2846

Posted 11 August 2013 - 09:09 PM

View PostPrimius, on 11 August 2013 - 05:11 AM, said:

I think something also needs to be done to Enveloping. If it's nothing more then boosting soothing mist bonus while it's up. Right now Enveloping Mist isn't good enough to deal with the burst. I have tried haste builds and they do offer more throughput the problem is you give up to much spirit for it to be workable in 3v3.

IDK, I've been full int gemmed and reforged mastery for a couple months now and I have no mana issues whatsoever.  I believe a 1 min cd on Cocoon would be too OP, but idk maybe a dmg reduction on soothing mist or something would be better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<