• US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Combat 1/2/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1737
  • 3v3: 1944
  • 5v5: 2117
  • RBG: 1502

Posted 26 July 2013 - 08:48 PM

While the bleached bones tournament is on sodapoppin gets 10k viewers while the tournament gets 4k viewers, maybe this kid could actually attempt to help wow arena as an esport and stop streaming during the tournament? I'm sure lots of those 10k viewers would go straight to the tournament stream. This kid makes way more than enough money already, selfish greedy douchebag.

#2 Qmonz

Qmonz
  • Members

Posted 26 July 2013 - 08:53 PM

Those streamers make too much, not saying they should not but top wow and lol streamers make more Then doctors..

#3 Sania

Sania
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Zenedar
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/././././.
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 26 July 2013 - 09:46 PM

This thread made me giggle.. In all seriousness if people wanna watch the tourney they watch it, if they wanna watch Soda they watch him... Its really damn simple, this thread is stupid..

Posted Image

#4 Deniar

Deniar
  • Members

Posted 26 July 2013 - 09:59 PM

sodapoppin is Hosting a WoW tournament for charity today with some big named pvp streamers... just saying

#5 AJOld

AJOld
  • Junkies

Posted 26 July 2013 - 10:19 PM

The people that watch Sodapoppin have next to no interest in the arena tournament.

LCS (League) 2013, as of writing this, has 160,440 viewers.

If people want to watch a tournament, they will, regardless of who else is streaming.
Global Moderator Account

• Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kazzak
  • Misery
  • Talents: Combat 2/2/1/1/0/2

Posted 26 July 2013 - 10:30 PM

funny how the game has shifted

#7 Saru93

Saru93
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Holy 1/1/0/1/1/1

Posted 27 July 2013 - 12:29 AM

I dont get the point of this thread? so you are trying to force people to watch something they dont want to ? Just let them watch Sodapoppin if they want to, and tbh the tournament is soo incredibly boring

#8 ysnakewoo

ysnakewoo
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Hellfire
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Frost
  • LocationBosnia and Herzegovina

Posted 27 July 2013 - 12:44 AM

I dont get the point of this thread? so you are trying to force people to watch something they dont want to ? Just let them watch Sodapoppin if they want to, and tbh the tournament is soo incredibly boring

Quite frankly, it's not the tournament that is boring to play.

Here's what I do. WoW arena tournaments are just not viewer-friendly, period. Not at all, there is 6 different people who can do around 30 different things at any point in the game. There are too many things going on to be watchable, what I decided to do, is focus on someone and see the most I can from that player's perspective, usually, that's a healer, since I'm playing a healer, watching his positioning, reactions and whatnot.

WoW is not an entertaining game to watch unlike LoL (and even when big fights in LoL happen, commentators can't catch what has happened, even though, most of the champions can only use 6 abilities, disregarding double abilities, like Jayce or such champions) or SC2.

It's the state of the game. They have abandoned competitive PvP for good and it took them years to implement things that AJ has been crying over for years, it's all coming a little bit too late. Guild Wars 2, for example, had a good idea of a tournament setting, but they fucked it up majorly and most of their playerbase left because of how lazy and stupid they were.
¯\_(⌣̯̀⌣́)_/¯

#9 KnnadRa

KnnadRa
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/2/0/2/1
  • LocationWashington DC

Posted 27 July 2013 - 02:06 AM

Quite frankly, it's not the tournament that is boring to play.

Here's what I do. WoW arena tournaments are just not viewer-friendly, period. Not at all, there is 6 different people who can do around 30 different things at any point in the game. There are too many things going on to be watchable, what I decided to do, is focus on someone and see the most I can from that player's perspective, usually, that's a healer, since I'm playing a healer, watching his positioning, reactions and whatnot.

WoW is not an entertaining game to watch unlike LoL (and even when big fights in LoL happen, commentators can't catch what has happened, even though, most of the champions can only use 6 abilities, disregarding double abilities, like Jayce or such champions) or SC2.

It's the state of the game. They have abandoned competitive PvP for good and it took them years to implement things that AJ has been crying over for years, it's all coming a little bit too late. Guild Wars 2, for example, had a good idea of a tournament setting, but they fucked it up majorly and most of their playerbase left because of how lazy and stupid they were.

So this rant is about the state of WoW and not actually your dislike of Sodapoppin?

#10 FTRouslan

FTRouslan
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Dawnbringer
  • Retaliation

Posted 27 July 2013 - 02:11 AM

Those streamers make too much, not saying they should not but top wow and lol streamers make more Then doctors..

Somalian doctors maybe
Nasty, brutish, and about 6'1".

Look at me. I can start and stop wars, at will. I can save or destroy the world. I can do anything I fucking want. Just now, I pissed near my toilet bowl because I fucking can.

#11 ysnakewoo

ysnakewoo
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Hellfire
  • Vindication
  • LocationBosnia and Herzegovina

Posted 27 July 2013 - 07:23 AM

So this rant is about the state of WoW and not actually your dislike of Sodapoppin?

Yep.

I also prefer to wait for vods to come out from people that have played on the tournament instead of watching the tournament itself.
¯\_(⌣̯̀⌣́)_/¯

#12 Yubel

Yubel
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/2/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 1725
  • 3v3: 2503
  • RBG: 384

Posted 27 July 2013 - 08:22 AM

Somalian doctors maybe

Oh shit that was a good laugh. Good one.

Although I have to disagree. Soda's growth in streaming began last summer (I know because I remember that's when I started watching him and he'd only have a max of around 1k-2k viewers). His current Hall of Famers total to an amount of $112.5k. Now include all the little donations that have added up over time over the past 12 months, his YouTube partnership, Twitch partnership, his newfound sponsorships with Razer, DubWars, Polaris, and Gungho. He has roughly 2k subs on Twitch for $4.95 each, but of course, Twitch takes a large chunk out of that. Even then, his monthly checks are randomized. He's probably making $150k a year at this rate. For an 18/19 year old, that's not bad. (Understatement)
Please review signature rules.

• Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kazzak
  • Misery
  • Talents: Combat 2/2/1/1/0/2

Posted 27 July 2013 - 09:32 AM

there used to be threads of 50+ pages in wotlk when an mlg tournament w/ WoW or blizzcon was going on, even with beastcleaves and other stupid things it used to be so much fun to watch..

#14 Okayenhance

Okayenhance
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Elemental 0/1/0/1/0/0/.
  • 2v2: 2107
  • 3v3: 2437
  • RBG: 768

Posted 27 July 2013 - 11:00 AM

It still is fun to watch. Thing is, many of the people who love to watch WoW also love to watch League. Whom not only has more tournaments, but more money, more professionalism (better scheduling) and not such a damn abandoned part of the game being desperately held onto by its fans.

League isn't my thing, I don't like DOTAesque games. With that said, I'll watch Starcraft2 any day of the week over WoW.

#15 FTRouslan

FTRouslan
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Dawnbringer
  • Retaliation

Posted 27 July 2013 - 07:20 PM

Oh shit that was a good laugh. Good one.

Although I have to disagree. Soda's growth in streaming began last summer (I know because I remember that's when I started watching him and he'd only have a max of around 1k-2k viewers). His current Hall of Famers total to an amount of $112.5k. Now include all the little donations that have added up over time over the past 12 months, his YouTube partnership, Twitch partnership, his newfound sponsorships with Razer, DubWars, Polaris, and Gungho. He has roughly 2k subs on Twitch for $4.95 each, but of course, Twitch takes a large chunk out of that. Even then, his monthly checks are randomized. He's probably making $150k a year at this rate. For an 18/19 year old, that's not bad. (Understatement)

I wonder how long he can continue to stream successfully.
Nasty, brutish, and about 6'1".

Look at me. I can start and stop wars, at will. I can save or destroy the world. I can do anything I fucking want. Just now, I pissed near my toilet bowl because I fucking can.

#16 Forumz

Forumz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Shadow 2/1/1/1/./.
  • 2v2: 2728
  • 3v3: 2279
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 768

Posted 27 July 2013 - 10:14 PM

He's probably making $150k a year

If this would be true (which it isn't, fyi) he'd be living far more luxurious than he does right now.
Posted Image

#17 Yubel

Yubel
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/2/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 1725
  • 3v3: 2503
  • RBG: 384

Posted 28 July 2013 - 02:02 AM

If this would be true (which it isn't, fyi) he'd be living far more luxurious than he does right now.

Are you serious? More luxurious than he is right now? What do you think you can buy for $150k lmao? He has his own Condo and he's 18. He's traveled to about 4-5 different locations in the past 6 months which is very expensive.
Please review signature rules.

#18 mikebazowski

mikebazowski
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Assassination 0/0/2/2/1/1/0
  • 2v2: 1564
  • 3v3: 1565
  • 5v5: 480
  • RBG: 192
  • LocationGuandanamo

Posted 02 August 2013 - 09:13 AM

I cant watch him more than 2 minutes, he is shouting all the time (with no reason...) he is talking more than women does and his voice is so fucking anoying....though he is a very skilled feral as a streamer not for my taste
Posted Image

#19 Sania

Sania
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Zenedar
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/././././.
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 02 August 2013 - 09:23 PM

I cant watch him more than 2 minutes, he is shouting all the time (with no reason...) he is talking more than women does and his voice is so fucking anoying....though he is a very skilled feral as a streamer not for my taste

Very constructive and helpful post to help this forum as a whole. Thanks Mike.

Posted Image

#20 Oldman2a

Oldman2a
  • Members

Posted 17 August 2013 - 09:48 AM

I simply think that he "works" hard to have so many viewer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<