• Curse Sites
Help

Question about 2v2 comp: Boomkin / Affliction Warlock.

viable?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Ukaras

Ukaras
  • Members

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:53 AM

Hello, AJ community. I am currently lvling up a warlock and my bro is leveling up a boomkin. We are wondering, is this comp even viable to 2k? If so what would counter us? I appreciate your advice in advance. Thankyou

#2 Hackattack3

Hackattack3
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1609
  • 3v3: 1792
  • RBG: 2050

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:14 PM

I ran this comp up to 2k earlier in the season on my boomer rotating trade chat warlocks w/o vent.  It was a mix of afflic and destro but I definitely feel that destro was stronger than afflic for the particular comp.

Boomer lacks from not having an execute and destro has one of the best w/ shadowburn.  Destro is also practically unkillable with ember taps, rejuv, etc.

As afflic/boomer you have to be really careful to peel for both partners, as destro/boomer the destro presses out pretty hard and the boomer hangs back to jump in when CCs are up or to cc heals.

Toughest comps were dk/healer, even terrible dks that sat out of blood pres could get lucky and win if we messed up cc rotation.

Easist comps were definitely spriest/healer, hunter/healer, and all 2xdps comps.  HotW makes it pretty much unfair against other 2xdps comps w/ a strong off heal.  Spriest/healer doesn't have enough sustained damage to pressure you, basically LOS the spriest's CDs and he doesn't ahve enough to hurt you.  My favorite team to run up against was hunter/healer, you basically gib hunter pets then sit on the hunter since he can't do anything.  Free win most of the time.

Dk/healer was only manageable consistently on Blade's Edge.

#3 Mnmmnmmnmmnm

Mnmmnmmnmmnm

Posted 27 July 2013 - 01:10 AM

Im over 2k with the comp right now on my moonkin with an affliction lock. Idk what that dude^ is talking about. Hunter/priest is ridiculous if they know how to heal their pet. Dk/healer is not that hard if you just take the port and keep DoTs/HoTs up (warlock MUST heal with rejuv or you lose). You will only really lose against very good healer/DPS comps. Feral/priest is probably the hardest comp for you to beat.

Just make a port. Take the port. Heal each other and keep DoTs up. Don't chase.

#4 Samyh

Samyh

Posted 27 July 2013 - 01:28 AM

it's a free 2.2, just keep at it and develop some synergy

(jk)

just spam fear and hotw heal like a fucking resto druid

Posted Image

#5 Creamo

Creamo
  • Junkies
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Frostmane
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Balance 1/0/2/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 1602

Posted 27 July 2013 - 07:03 AM

Demo/boomkin is rather strong as well. Not sure if I'd recommend afflic/boomie unless you enjoy long ass games.

#6 Siuox

Siuox
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/0/0/2
  • 2v2: 1865
  • 3v3: 2871
  • RBG: 2227

Posted 27 July 2013 - 11:19 PM

you will only have trouble against good dks+shaman, average feral+disc and every comb with a rogue

playing destro/moonkin 2.3k only capping

#7 Hackattack3

Hackattack3
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1609
  • 3v3: 1792
  • RBG: 2050

Posted 28 July 2013 - 05:36 PM

View PostMnmmnmmnmmnm, on 27 July 2013 - 01:10 AM, said:

Im over 2k with the comp right now on my moonkin with an affliction lock. Idk what that dude^ is talking about. Hunter/priest is ridiculous if they know how to heal their pet. Dk/healer is not that hard if you just take the port and keep DoTs/HoTs up (warlock MUST heal with rejuv or you lose). You will only really lose against very good healer/DPS comps. Feral/priest is probably the hardest comp for you to beat.

Just make a port. Take the port. Heal each other and keep DoTs up. Don't chase.

You would have an easier time vs hunter/healer if your lock was destro b/c he can blow up a pet behind LOS in a couple globals.  It also doesn't matter if it takes him to 20% hp doing it b/c he can double ember tap + rejuv and he's full again.  So, like I said in my original post, I had most success running w/ destro most likely due to the high amount of lock healing (embers, rejuv).  

Like I said before, dk/healer only manageable on certain maps where you can get a definitive solid port.  Feral/healer is very doable as Destro/boomer, once the feral pops blood horror get ready to global him when he bounces off the lock via blood horror.

I'm not disagreeing with you I'm just emphasizing the difference between runnning 2s as destro or afflic.

#8 Gorgelqt

Gorgelqt
  • Members

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:50 PM

View PostHackattack3, on 25 July 2013 - 07:14 PM, said:

I ran this comp up to 2k earlier in the season on my boomer rotating trade chat warlocks w/o vent.  It was a mix of afflic and destro but I definitely feel that destro was stronger than afflic for the particular comp.

Boomer lacks from not having an execute and destro has one of the best w/ shadowburn.  Destro is also practically unkillable with ember taps, rejuv, etc.

As afflic/boomer you have to be really careful to peel for both partners, as destro/boomer the destro presses out pretty hard and the boomer hangs back to jump in when CCs are up or to cc heals.

Toughest comps were dk/healer, even terrible dks that sat out of blood pres could get lucky and win if we messed up cc rotation.

Easist comps were definitely spriest/healer, hunter/healer, and all 2xdps comps.  HotW makes it pretty much unfair against other 2xdps comps w/ a strong off heal.  Spriest/healer doesn't have enough sustained damage to pressure you, basically LOS the spriest's CDs and he doesn't ahve enough to hurt you.  My favorite team to run up against was hunter/healer, you basically gib hunter pets then sit on the hunter since he can't do anything.  Free win most of the time.

Dk/healer was only manageable consistently on Blade's Edge.

pmuch this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: viable?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<