Khra
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Ragnaros
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Elemental 0/1/2/0/0/2
  • RBG: 959

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:50 PM

We are going to be the Rdruids of S11 :( at this point shamanistic rage for resto is not a bad idea at all, Rdruids and priest are too good right now, god damm

#22 Polygonzz

Polygonzz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Affliction 0/1/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1467
  • 3v3: 2192
  • 5v5: 576
  • RBG: 1994

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:54 PM

View PostKorzul, on 24 July 2013 - 07:54 PM, said:

Really bad news for Resto Shams.

It's a MASSIVE indirect buff to priests and locks (afflictions already looking to be the best caster by a long way), both of which haven't ever had it so easy to land fears (locks get howl baseline next patch so an extra shadowfury/coil, priests still have 6 secs of sprinting whilst invis to cross half the map and aoe fear as well as psyfiend).

The new talent isn't even any good :(

We're going to be very easy to train/relatively easy to cc and it'll be simple to shut down all our non hardcasted output by simply killing one totem every 30 secs and with a few dispels.

Overall i'd say we're going to hit next patch weaker than we currently are whilst both priests and druids have seen significant buffs.
blood fear ?? lol

#23 Selicia

Selicia
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Wyrmrest Accord
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Elemental 1/1/1/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 2233
  • 3v3: 2411
  • 5v5: 2247
  • RBG: 958

Posted 24 July 2013 - 10:03 PM

View PostChazzwozzer, on 24 July 2013 - 09:48 PM, said:

On what basis do you make this claim?

Paladins can now cast divine protection while stunned, and aura mastery after silences.  Druids gained displace beast and ironbark while silenced (not to mention ice block if they are playing with a mage). Priests to my knowledge didn't gain a new spell, but they have an almost permanent 30% damage reduction with focused will (akin to having shamanistic rage up all the time).  

As I said, a lot of that shouldn't even be floating around (in my opinion). It unfortunately turns into "hey everyone else has X, so we need it too" which is what further contributes to how ridiculous class abilities are becoming. I'm not saying we don't need something. I just wish they would pull everyone else down to our level.

Shamanistic Rage on Restoration would be pretty ridiculous. The PTR is for testing, so it would be interesting to try, but I'm confident it would be too much. Making the new talent allowing totems to be used while silence would be interesting.
Posted Image
       Just say no.

#24 Maticzor

Maticzor
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Skullcrusher
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2

Posted 24 July 2013 - 10:06 PM

So 2x Dark Soul, howl baseline and now this? Locks will be the new hunters of 5.4 , as if LSD wasn't already good enough and annoying to play against.

#25 Selicia

Selicia
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Wyrmrest Accord
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Elemental 1/1/1/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 2233
  • 3v3: 2411
  • 5v5: 2247
  • RBG: 958

Posted 24 July 2013 - 10:08 PM

View PostMaticzor, on 24 July 2013 - 10:06 PM, said:

So 2x Dark Soul, howl baseline and now this? Locks will be the new hunters of 5.4 , as if LSD wasn't already good enough and annoying to play against.

You're acting as if Resto Shaman still won't be the best healer to deal with most Warlock comps...

Shamans are also super trainable (even more so than now) next patch and i can't see many ways you're going to survive any team that tunnels you, kills healing stream instantly and spam dispels every riptide/earthshield.

If we go against something that is going to outright train us the entire game in 5.4, then we have some gear options. Max resilience reduction will be 71.53%, and there are PvP trinkets (medallion and emblem) with a high amount of stamina on each (~50k health for wearing both). If the game isn't going to last long then it's worth putting such stuff on. Also, people kill healing stream on live when pushed on top of the Shaman already.

Overall i'd say we're going to hit next patch weaker than we currently are
Heals feel a lot better on PTR due to gear scaling.

Edited by Selicia, 24 July 2013 - 10:20 PM.

Posted Image
       Just say no.

#26 fakeswagjk

fakeswagjk
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 768

Posted 24 July 2013 - 10:19 PM

I'm really hoping hunter/disc/x isnt a thing next season or rshamans are in such a bad spot

#27 Chazzwozzer

Chazzwozzer

Posted 24 July 2013 - 10:41 PM

View PostSelicia, on 24 July 2013 - 10:03 PM, said:

As I said, a lot of that shouldn't even be floating around (in my opinion). It unfortunately turns into "hey everyone else has X, so we need it too" which is what further contributes to how ridiculous class abilities are becoming. I'm not saying we don't need something. I just wish they would pull everyone else down to our level.

Shamanistic Rage on Restoration would be pretty ridiculous. The PTR is for testing, so it would be interesting to try, but I'm confident it would be too much. Making the new talent allowing totems to be used while silence would be interesting.

On the topic of bringing other healers down to our level with stuns/silences, I doubt this would ever happen.  I believe Blizzard has stated in the past that they would prefer to buff a single underpowered class instead of nerfing every other class (or nerf a single overpowered class instead of buffing every other class to that level).

I understand your opinion that there is an excess of those type of spells. But it is pretty obvious that if certain classes have three or more abilites that they can use while stunned/silenced and shamans have zero, then there is clear imbalance in that area.  I'm not looking to homogenize all the healing specs, but when only one healer has no way to deal with stuns/silences, then it needs to be addressed.  

I agree that Shamanistic Rage would be too good for restoration (especially coupled with the glyph).  As mentioned, I think totems being usable while silenced but not locked out would be a good change.  It wouldn't make us overpowered by any means, but would at least give us a little buff to our survivability.

Edited by Chazzwozzer, 24 July 2013 - 10:42 PM.

#28 phunk

phunk
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/2/1/0/0

Posted 24 July 2013 - 11:09 PM

gief grounding totem glyph baseline without the addition to the cd please and I'll scream out of joy :D ( fearing dem warlocks :D :D :D )

#29 Evolute

Evolute
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/0/0
  • RBG: 192
  • LocationCanada

Posted 24 July 2013 - 11:33 PM

rshams are offically trash tier

weeeeee

Posted Image

#30 Jeffisnumberone

Jeffisnumberone
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/2/1/0/0
  • RBG: 960
  • LocationRwanda

Posted 25 July 2013 - 12:08 AM

hello call of the elements ^^ I don't mind this change as much as long as we're compensated in something else ( survivability ) but yeah healing/mana tide + healing stream will be hurt very much by this but it was needed I suppose.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#31 fant0m8

fant0m8
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 25 July 2013 - 12:10 AM

View PostClaynz, on 24 July 2013 - 08:21 PM, said:

What worried me most of the patch notes :(

Ice Lance damage will be decreased by 40%+ at the same time because of losing mastery.

View PostKhra, on 24 July 2013 - 09:50 PM, said:

We are going to be the Rdruids of S11 :( at this point shamanistic rage for resto is not a bad idea at all, Rdruids and priest are too good right now, god damm

Or the Rdruids of S5... lmao HoT removal.
Bye again! This game isn't fun when you don't know anyone else that still plays.

#32 Phaeleh

Phaeleh
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Steamwheedle Cartel
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/2
  • 2v2: 1880
  • 3v3: 2415
  • RBG: 959

Posted 25 July 2013 - 01:55 AM

wtf its possible to fear again?

#33 Gekz

Gekz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Discipline 1/1/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 2342
  • 3v3: 2761
  • RBG: 2232

Posted 25 July 2013 - 02:18 AM

NIIIIIIIIICE.

but yea shoulda made the talent so you can link/tide while stunned or something. Maybe make NG bigger for resto and increase healing you receive by x% or something while it's up.

#34 DanoFW

DanoFW
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Elemental 0/1/1/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 768
  • 3v3: 1952
  • RBG: 192

Posted 25 July 2013 - 05:02 AM

good thing for us DPS side of the Shaman class, we get:

- Able to use Primal Elementalist's Earth Ele without the need of Tremor destroying it!
- Being able to use Healing Stream + Healing Tide totem at the same time for maximum off-healing.

But, I'm probably going to stick to Call of the Elements or Projection...  gotta do some PTR testing to see what works best for me... :)
| Dano | Ðano |

| League of Legends: Dano |

Posted Image

#35 kazuhmeer

kazuhmeer
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/2/0/1/1
  • 2v2: 480
  • 3v3: 2148
  • RBG: 1849

Posted 25 July 2013 - 05:18 AM

this was the only thing keeping resto shamans from being the worst healer in the game, not sure how to feel about the change

#36 ysnakewoo

ysnakewoo
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Discipline 1/0/1/1/2/1
  • LocationBosnia and Herzegovina

Posted 25 July 2013 - 05:44 AM

Fucking finally.
I'm not useless, I can be used as a bad example.

#37 ysoto78

ysoto78
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1578
  • 3v3: 2079
  • 5v5: 1759
  • RBG: 1611

Posted 25 July 2013 - 05:45 AM

34 second tremor I agree...
But this is also a huge nerf to grounding, HST, WW totems.

I hope they change this before it goes live.

#38 Rofrot

Rofrot
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Holy 2/0/2/2/1/.

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:30 AM

time to roll disc or rdruid i guess

#39 johnanderson4255

johnanderson4255
  • Abolished
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Elemental 0/1/1/0/0/2
  • RBG: 1978
  • LocationNorthern Ireland

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:45 AM

I have a simple solution for you.. Learn to LoS. Yes, this is a nerf but it won't effect any shaman who doesn't depend on their tremor being 34 seconds. Yes it's nice to have but you will learn to adapt quickly.

Play through the bullshit and eventually our patch will come ;)

#40 Darksoldierr

Darksoldierr
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents:

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:12 AM

The new talent is very week compared to the other two. I will stick to Projection.
What do humans know of our pain? We have sung songs of lament since before your ancestors crawled on their bellies from the sea.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<