• EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2420
  • 3v3: 3034
  • 5v5: 2614
  • RBG: 2526

Posted 24 July 2013 - 07:00 PM

Totemic Restoration has been replaced with a new talent, Totemic Persistence.
  • New talent: Totemic Persistence. Summoning a second totem of the same element no longer causes the first totem to be destroyed. Only one totem can benefit from this effect at a time.
I couldn't see a thread on this(delete this if there already is one), and it makes me quite happy.
Cheers

Edited by Wallirik, 24 July 2013 - 07:00 PM.

#2 TheGosuStandard

TheGosuStandard
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Marksmanship 1/1/1/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 1710
  • 3v3: 2023
  • 5v5: 2266
  • RBG: 2003

Posted 24 July 2013 - 07:02 PM

How could I have missed that.....

#3 Hoodzx

Hoodzx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/2/1/0/2
  • 2v2: 1786
  • 3v3: 2299
  • 5v5: 2229
  • RBG: 2225
  • LocationFRANCE

Posted 24 July 2013 - 07:05 PM

omg...

fears everywhere...

#4 Snuggli

Snuggli
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Steamwheedle Cartel
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Feral 2/0/2/1/0/2
  • 2v2: 1925
  • 3v3: 2209
  • RBG: 384
  • LocationUK

Posted 24 July 2013 - 07:06 PM

biggest warlock buff in years

View PostBraindance, on 11 October 2013 - 12:44 PM, said:

Go listen to some Bieber shit and leave me alone fucko.

#5 Aspira

Aspira
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Moonglade
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/2/2/0/2
  • RBG: 576

Posted 24 July 2013 - 07:10 PM

Good

Sorry, your post must be at least 2 word(s) long.

#6 Ilidio

Ilidio
  • Premium Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/1/1/0/0
  • LocationLisbon

Posted 24 July 2013 - 07:11 PM

warlock god class 5.4...
what do you guys think of rls in 5.4? or even rld
Posted Image

#7 Selicia

Selicia
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Wyrmrest Accord
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Elemental 1/1/1/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 2233
  • 3v3: 2411
  • 5v5: 2247
  • RBG: 958

Posted 24 July 2013 - 07:13 PM

no more 34sec tremor
:(

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

:D
Posted Image
       Just say no.

#8 Udderly

Udderly
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1918

Posted 24 July 2013 - 07:32 PM

The funny part is that everyone will focus on tremor (clearly was OP), but this talent was excellent for other things as well  

- HUGE to use with earthbind and stomp against melee cleaves.  
- Tide getting killed comes up much earlier (or you can stomp to purposely get it back earlier)
- Grounding will be the biggest loss IMO, although with the rise of Warlocks that might not be true (tremor)
- Getting your fire ele killed off and he's not back for five minutes was always a bummer (doesn't happen often, but it's an easy kill for a lot of classes).

If they are killing off restoration, baseline vigor glyph would be a decent buff, since only resto can afford the glyph slot to use it.

#9 Korzul

Korzul
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Doomhammer
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Enhancement 0/2/0/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 2280
  • 3v3: 2744
  • 5v5: 480
  • RBG: 1151

Posted 24 July 2013 - 07:54 PM

Really bad news for Resto Shams.
They linked so much healing into healing stream on ptr which is a massively essential part of your output that it's already going to be a prime target to kill everytime it's dropped. Totemic restoration was a huge part of making the ability not useless against teams who 2 shot the thing.
Shamans are also super trainable (even more so than now) next patch and i can't see many ways you're going to survive any team that tunnels you, kills healing stream instantly and spam dispels every riptide/earthshield.

The grounding totem loss is also huge, 22 secs as opposed to 10.

It's a MASSIVE indirect buff to priests and locks (afflictions already looking to be the best caster by a long way), both of which haven't ever had it so easy to land fears (locks get howl baseline next patch so an extra shadowfury/coil, priests still have 6 secs of sprinting whilst invis to cross half the map and aoe fear as well as psyfiend).

The new talent isn't even any good :(

We're going to be very easy to train/relatively easy to cc and it'll be simple to shut down all our non hardcasted output by simply killing one totem every 30 secs and with a few dispels.

Overall i'd say we're going to hit next patch weaker than we currently are whilst both priests and druids have seen significant buffs.

#10 talaax

talaax
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 1792
  • 3v3: 2176

Posted 24 July 2013 - 07:58 PM

this change shouldve happened a few patches ago...good change. should take out tremmor totem imo but this works well too..

or should make it so u can only tremmor before u are feared...

Edited by talaax, 24 July 2013 - 07:59 PM.

#11 Khra

Khra
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Ragnaros
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Elemental 0/1/2/0/0/2
  • RBG: 959

Posted 24 July 2013 - 07:59 PM

I dont mind to lose totemic restoration, but that new talent that replaces it is a complete useless garbage. Now we are kinda forced to use call of the elements especially with the new healing stream totem talent

#12 Chazzwozzer

Chazzwozzer

Posted 24 July 2013 - 08:01 PM

I've been of the opinion that totemic restoration was overpowered and needed to be reworked the entire expansion.  The cd reduction on both grounding and tremor were way too good.

On the other hand, this couldn't have come at a worse time in terms of resto's relative strength.  Resto shamans are currently weaker than they've been in arena in a long time (druids and priests are the clear winners right now), and nerfing totemic restoration is not going to help us in that department.  

I sincerely hope that with this change, Blizzard looks into giving resto shamans some kind of ability that can be used while stunned or silenced.  It is ridiculous how easy it is to kill shamans in the current state of the game.  And it reflects in the viable comps that resto shamans can play - they pretty much all involve huge off heals from teammates, or at the very least a short cooldown warlock gateway which will not exist next season.

#13 Mantra

Mantra
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Skullcrusher
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Elemental 0/1/2/2/0/.

Posted 24 July 2013 - 08:07 PM

View PostChazzwozzer, on 24 July 2013 - 08:01 PM, said:

I've been of the opinion that totemic restoration was overpowered and needed to be reworked the entire expansion.  The cd reduction on both grounding and tremor were way too good.

On the other hand, this couldn't have come at a worse time in terms of resto's relative strength.  Resto shamans are currently weaker than they've been in arena in a long time (druids and priests are the clear winners right now), and nerfing totemic restoration is not going to help us in that department.  

I sincerely hope that with this change, Blizzard looks into giving resto shamans some kind of ability that can be used while stunned or silenced.  It is ridiculous how easy it is to kill shamans in the current state of the game.  And it reflects in the viable comps that resto shamans can play - they pretty much all involve huge off heals from teammates, or at the very least a short cooldown warlock gateway which will not exist next season.

ya i mean i knew it needed a change but i hope they give some more compensation as it is a big nerf  + as u said with the nerf on gateway is really going to hurt shamans next patch and its not like we are anywhere near the best healers as is....

#14 Claynz

Claynz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Enhancement 0/2/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1344
  • LocationNorway

Posted 24 July 2013 - 08:21 PM

What worried me most of the patch notes :( Like the tremore change but wish they made the talent ignore tremor totem only.

And the new talent is just dull, Think most shamans will og with Totemic Projection all the time now.

Edited by Claynz, 24 July 2013 - 09:07 PM.

#15 Euerfeldi

Euerfeldi
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Norgannon
  • Embuscade / Hinterhalt
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/2/2/1/0

Posted 24 July 2013 - 08:32 PM

View PostChazzwozzer, on 24 July 2013 - 08:01 PM, said:

My vote goes to shamanistic rage baseline for all three specs

And as long as totems are oneshotable, this talent is garbage...

#16 DanoFW

DanoFW
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Elemental 0/1/1/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 768
  • 3v3: 1952
  • RBG: 192

Posted 24 July 2013 - 08:40 PM

Sad to see that talent go...  I'll prob stick to Call of the Elements or Projection.  This new talent doesn't look too good lol.
| Dano | Ðano |

| League of Legends: Dano |

Posted Image

#17 Selicia

Selicia
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Wyrmrest Accord
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Elemental 1/1/1/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 2233
  • 3v3: 2411
  • 5v5: 2247
  • RBG: 958

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:03 PM

A lot of posts in this thread are people asking for an ability to be used while stunned/silenced, but in reality there shouldn't even be a lot of those abilities floating around.

Totem Restoration, just like the old Kil'jaeden's Cunning, absolutely needed to go. There's plenty of other things that should be redesigned for 5.4 for every class, though many changes probably won't happen.

It sucks to see this talent go, but if they would compensate by lowering the cooldown of Call of the Elements (how much would be a good debate), then we should be in an okay place.
Posted Image
       Just say no.

#18 Dreamex

Dreamex
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Demonology 0/1/2/2/1/0

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:12 PM

A better replacement talent that would fit the theme of the tier would be one that lets you use totems while silenced, but not locked out.

Or something similar that would help shamans do something while silenced/stunned.

Edited by Dreamex, 24 July 2013 - 09:17 PM.

#19 Megorix

Megorix
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Farstriders
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Combat
  • LocationPrince Edward Island

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:32 PM

It's a good change, but Resto Shamans need some MAJOR compensation. This is a huge indirect buff to Priests, which do not need it. It's also a huge indirect buff to warlocks, which also look like they don't really need it on top of everything else they got so far on the PTR.

Not sure what to give Resto Shamans, but they need something badly. Maybe they should look at reducing the baseline cooldowns of some of the key totems not including tremor? Or make totemic restoration baseline for Resto Shamans but make it not affect tremor?

Oh well, there is always Ele ;)

#20 Chazzwozzer

Chazzwozzer

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:48 PM

View PostSelicia, on 24 July 2013 - 09:03 PM, said:

A lot of posts in this thread are people asking for an ability to be used while stunned/silenced, but in reality there shouldn't even be a lot of those abilities floating around.

On what basis do you make this claim?

Every healer in the past has had at least one thing they can press while either stunned or silenced.  Priests had pain sup, paladins had bubble, druids had barkskin, and shamans had totems.

The difference now is that every one of those healers except shaman has kept those abilities, with many of those classes receiving additional spells they can cast while stunned and silenced.  Paladins can now cast divine protection while stunned, and aura mastery after silences.  Druids gained displace beast and ironbark while silenced (not to mention ice block if they are playing with a mage). Priests to my knowledge didn't gain a new spell, but they have an almost permanent 30% damage reduction with focused will (akin to having shamanistic rage up all the time).  

Shamans on the other hand have literally zero buttons they can press while stunned or silenced (except battlemaster's trinket which is available to every single class/spec in the game).  This again is the reason why all the top shaman comps require good off healing/peels from their teammates, or at least a gateway that can be clicked while silenced.

I'm not asking for a plethora of spells to be added to the shaman toolkit to deal with stuns/silences, I'm asking for one spell so that we can at least press something when we are stunned/silenced.

Edit:  I'm an in support of the post that Dreamex made which would allow totems to be used while silenced, but not locked out.  We could at least then drop grounding/hst/spirit link following the stun in stun/silence combos.

Edited by Chazzwozzer, 24 July 2013 - 09:52 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<