#1 Equalwin

Equalwin
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Ragnaros
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 0/0/1/2/2/0

Posted 23 July 2013 - 11:24 PM

well I'll start doing rbgs with my dk, and few friends are like unholy is the best, because they saw  an unholy dk doing like 20m in dmg a rbg..

but I still think frost is the best anyway, which one is the best? if frost dw/2h?

and stat priority

#2 Samyh

Samyh

Posted 24 July 2013 - 02:17 AM

Frost is generally better at 2.2+ mmr

Unholy is also great and tends to be more spread damage.

#3 Capers

Capers
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/1/1/1/0/.
  • 2v2: 1391
  • 3v3: 1794
  • 5v5: 2165
  • RBG: 192
  • LocationFlorida, U.S

Posted 24 July 2013 - 03:56 AM

Frost is generally better, but uh can work as well. Uh is more based on spread damage with the dots on everyone, while frost is more for obliterates with howling blast spread. Uh may have a shit ton of damage at the end of the game, but it's not all "useful" damage. All of the dots hitting are also ticking on every pet they were placed on. So the damage is high, but the damage is bloated as well.

As for stats: Str> Mastery > Haste > Crit > rest
Posted Image

#4 flannelsoff

flannelsoff
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 2/0/1/0/1/0
  • RBG: 2818

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:00 AM

unholy is really good but the pet is just nonexistent sadly

#5 Creamo

Creamo
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Frostmane
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Balance 1/0/2/2/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 1648
  • RBG: 576

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:41 AM

If you don't mind buying weps twice I'd recommend DW for bg's and rateds, and UH for arenas. You won't need to regem or reforge that way at least.
2h = haste, dw/uh = mastery, last i checked, haven't played my dk in a couple months :/

View Postjaimex, on 25 November 2014 - 05:12 PM, said:

I don't even fotm

#6 Equalwin

Equalwin
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Ragnaros
  • Vindication

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:55 AM

okay I got x2 1h weapon stacking full mastery..

but I've a question crit or haste?

I guess haste would be more useful but well not sure.

#7 Creamo

Creamo
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Frostmane
  • Reckoning

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:44 PM

View PostEqualwin, on 24 July 2013 - 09:55 AM, said:

okay I got x2 1h weapon stacking full mastery..

but I've a question crit or haste?

I guess haste would be more useful but well not sure.
Haste secondary, crit is more or less worthless. http://www.wowhead.c...killing-machine

I don't even fotm

#8 Forumz

Forumz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Shadow 2/1/1/1/./.
  • 2v2: 2728
  • 3v3: 2279
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 768

Posted 24 July 2013 - 06:04 PM

Crit is not worthless whatsoever. Mastery vs Haste is a preference in arenas, but in BGs it's Mastery on top without question.
Posted Image

#9 Creamo

Creamo
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Frostmane
  • Reckoning

Posted 24 July 2013 - 10:11 PM

View PostForumz, on 24 July 2013 - 06:04 PM, said:

Crit is not worthless whatsoever. Mastery vs Haste is a preference in arenas, but in BGs it's Mastery on top without question.
When it's recommended widely to reforge out of it, you can generally consider it worthless, for the lack of a better term. I've got all day to argue semantics though.

For DW I'd stick with mastery for frost strike, since you don't use oblit much (if at all?). I'd go haste all day as 2h though for rune regen, for more oblits.

I don't even fotm

#10 Equalwin

Equalwin
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Ragnaros
  • Vindication

Posted 25 July 2013 - 02:22 AM

1 str or 2 mastery? I went like full mastery, gems 320 mastery etc (and because I'm poor and yellow gems are like 10g and red gems 80 xD)

dmg in normal bgs, is retarded as fuck.

but still I couldn't do rbgs because they want my rogue instead of my dk, (most of the times we don't have a dk nor a rogue, so what's better? dk or rogue?

#11 Forumz

Forumz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:38 AM

View PostCreamo, on 24 July 2013 - 10:11 PM, said:

When it's recommended widely to reforge out of it, you can generally consider it worthless, for the lack of a better term. I've got all day to argue semantics though.

For DW I'd stick with mastery for frost strike, since you don't use oblit much (if at all?). I'd go haste all day as 2h though for rune regen, for more oblits.

I used to play hit=exp>mastery>haste>crit

then I swapped to hit=exp>haste>crit>mastery (it's about a 10% mastery loss, 5% haste and 5% crit gain)

My (burst) damage has gone up notably for arenas. Just because not many people reforge for it doesn't mean it's bad. stats are a preference as well sometimes. Haste and crit work really well for unholy in specific because you have DoTs rolling on everything and with a high amount of crit, that adds up to a lot of pressure.

In RBGs, as Frost, where you're hitting 7+ people all the time, that makes up for a lot of crits on howling blast, which can go 60k+ with cds up. On top of Obliterates critting without KM procs as well, crit is -not- worthless. At all. Don't state stuff without having any experience on the class to back it up.

You can play ''safe'' and reforge what the big guys reforge, and you can play for yourself and reforge what works best for your current playstyle.
Posted Image

#12 Creamo

Creamo
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Frostmane
  • Reckoning

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:05 AM

View PostForumz, on 25 July 2013 - 09:38 AM, said:

Don't state stuff without having any experience on the class to back it up.
Got 2 dk's, one of them I've had since s6. Just because I don't main one doesn't mean I don't know anything about the class. I know not to reforge crit after all.

View PostEqualwin, on 25 July 2013 - 02:22 AM, said:

1 str or 2 mastery? I went like full mastery, gems 320 mastery etc (and because I'm poor and yellow gems are like 10g and red gems 80 xD)

dmg in normal bgs, is retarded as fuck.

but still I couldn't do rbgs because they want my rogue instead of my dk, (most of the times we don't have a dk nor a rogue, so what's better? dk or rogue?
DK is better if you can target call imo

I don't even fotm

#13 Equalwin

Equalwin
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Ragnaros
  • Vindication

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:16 AM

can you link your armory?

#14 Forumz

Forumz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:38 AM

http://eu.battle.net...Evelin/advanced

Is what I play with. You shouldn't gem resi in rbgs though. Just gem full strength. Reforges you want mastery for RBGs as much as you can get, haste or crit is personal preference. (just noticed I don't have cloak enchant on the cloak I'm currently wearing, you want to enchant crit on that)
Posted Image

#15 Equalwin

Equalwin
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Ragnaros
  • Vindication

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:39 PM

thank a lot guys x)

I've my dk ready for rbgs now, gotta wait till the leader let me play it lol, he says I do a great job as rogue stealing flags and shits.. >.<

#16 Influence123

Influence123
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Unholy 1/0/2/2/0/2

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:54 PM

In reality the best spec depends on what kind of comps you are playing. If you are playing with a lot of dot classes like warlocks, boomkin's and spriests then you want to be going unholy because you are playing a spread pressure comp.

If you are playing a burst comp with things like ele shamans, frost mages etc...you want to be playing frost.

It also depends on your strats as a team. If your team likes to go DPS and CC healers then you want to be playing frost...if your team likes going healers first then i would go unholy.

Unholy can also be very good for swaps. I many times will make a focus macro for necrotic strike and will necro a target to full right before I call a swap. That way when you swap to that target healers have to catch up on 200K+ heals before they even start healing the target.

As for stats

Unholy
Hit 3% - Strength - Mastery - Crit - Haste
This is because when you go unholy it is more about your dot spread damage than anything else. You want your dots ticking for as much as possible.

DW Frost
Hit 3% - Strength - Mastery - Haste - Crit
This is mainly because your mastery stacked with Razorice makes your howling blast and frost strikes do a lot more damage which are really your main attacks in RBGs.

2H Frost
This one is tricky. Normally you would go for Haste over Mastery because it creates more obliterates and killing machine procs. There are people who still mainly play with howling blast over obliterate in which case you would play mastery over haste.

At the end of the day how you spec has to reflect how you play and how your team plays. There are a lot of things that come into account when making these decisions.

Edited by Influence123, 25 July 2013 - 09:55 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<