• Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/1/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 2098
  • 3v3: 2015
  • RBG: 1939

Posted 23 July 2013 - 10:26 AM

Yo fellow punchers :) What kind of setups are u predicting to be actually viable for WW?

this season we litteraly had 3 at least 2.4k viable setups only

ww/hunt/disc
ww/sp/rshaman or druid
ww/lock/rshaman or druid

I think all of them should work in 5.4 (well maybe xept for hunter team, coz its only viable now of how bullshit hunters are) but what else? ww/ret/disc? ww/rog?

#2 Marshmellow

Marshmellow
  • Premium Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-The Forgotten Coast
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2140
  • 3v3: 2447
  • RBG: 960

Posted 23 July 2013 - 03:17 PM

I don't think WW will ever go high as a double melee comp in it's current state, our best comps are caster/WW/X

personally I see WW/aff lock/rsham being the top comp next season for obvious reasons
Posted Image

#3 Zectz

Zectz
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents: Protection 1/2/1/2/2/1
  • RBG: 2325

Posted 23 July 2013 - 04:41 PM

I agree, WW/Aff lock should be a strong combo, especially paired with a resto Druid you got lots of cc on different dr and monk dmg matches Affliction pretty well.

#4 Neverever

Neverever
  • Members

Posted 23 July 2013 - 05:04 PM

View PostMarshmellow, on 23 July 2013 - 03:17 PM, said:

I don't think WW will ever go high as a double melee comp in it's current state, our best comps are caster/WW/X

personally I see WW/aff lock/rsham being the top comp next season for obvious reasons

Why rsham? You really think rshams will be that much better against the coming castercleaves?

View PostDizzeeyo, on 16 July 2013 - 12:28 AM, said:

id love to be playing the same game as you where hunters and ferals are the biggest counters to mages

#5 Marshmellow

Marshmellow
  • Premium Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-The Forgotten Coast
  • Whirlwind

Posted 23 July 2013 - 05:16 PM

View PostNeverever, on 23 July 2013 - 05:04 PM, said:

Why rsham? You really think rshams will be that much better against the coming castercleaves?

yes, rshamans have always been great against casters, shear/grounding/tremor

not saying rdruids will be bad I just think rsham will be the top choice for that comp in 5.4
Posted Image

#6 Udderly

Udderly
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1918

Posted 23 July 2013 - 06:47 PM

View PostMarshmellow, on 23 July 2013 - 05:16 PM, said:

yes, rshamans have always been great against casters, shear/grounding/tremor

not saying rdruids will be bad I just think rsham will be the top choice for that comp in 5.4

I disagree, and not because of our synergy, but because of our low ability to peel for our healer.  Rshams are the most trainable healers in the game currently and they need either
A. good off heals (spriest, for example)
B. great peels (druid, mage, etc)

That makes rshams much tougher to play with.  I'd rather play with a resto druid or even a disc (even with the lock and disc dr'ing fear like crazy) than with a shaman currently.

#7 Marshmellow

Marshmellow
  • Premium Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-The Forgotten Coast
  • Whirlwind

Posted 23 July 2013 - 08:04 PM

I think that WW has plenty of peels by itself (Disable root, paralysis, fist of fury, leg sweep, flying serpent kick slow, and not to mention tigereye brew giving us up to 90% increased healing for off heals) and next patch paired with a lock with baseline howl, spammable fear and coil/ shadowfury, will have plenty of peels for a reso shaman against cleave teams, also the other top resto shaman comp with a WW will be WW/spriest/rsham which supplies great peels with fears, disarms/ off heals ect..
Posted Image

#8 Blackdawn

Blackdawn
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Der Rat von Dalaran
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Unholy

Posted 24 July 2013 - 11:12 AM

View PostUdderly, on 23 July 2013 - 06:47 PM, said:

I disagree, and not because of our synergy, but because of our low ability to peel for our healer.  Rshams are the most trainable healers in the game currently and they need either
A. good off heals (spriest, for example)
B. great peels (druid, mage, etc)

That makes rshams much tougher to play with.  I'd rather play with a resto druid or even a disc (even with the lock and disc dr'ing fear like crazy) than with a shaman currently.

Are u kidding like seriously.. ?
Ww provides maybe the best peeling of all with stuns, root, disarm and insta cc.. noone has more

The only Problem is ww dies so fast especially when stunned so sparring is useless!
one life, one chance

#9 Qtinha

Qtinha
  • Members

Posted 24 July 2013 - 03:34 PM

View PostMarshmellow, on 23 July 2013 - 03:17 PM, said:

This is the comp I want to try out.

#10 Udderly

Udderly
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 24 July 2013 - 07:55 PM

View PostMarshmellow, on 23 July 2013 - 08:04 PM, said:

I think that WW has plenty of peels by itself (Disable root, paralysis, fist of fury, leg sweep, flying serpent kick slow, and not to mention tigereye brew giving us up to 90% increased healing for off heals) and next patch paired with a lock with baseline howl, spammable fear and coil/ shadowfury, will have plenty of peels for a reso shaman against cleave teams, also the other top resto shaman comp with a WW will be WW/spriest/rsham which supplies great peels with fears, disarms/ off heals ect..

The healing buff you're right, I hadn't included that in my thought.   I still disagree about our peels.  Para has a super short range and DR's with hex, leg sweep DR's with fists so you can't count them both as 'good peels' during burst, since the second one will be a super short stun most likely.  Disable is laggy as hell and doesn't do a ton anyways with the amount of gap closers in the game currently.  

I do think we have a couple really nice things with our ranged disarm and putting out counterpressure, but to act like we have really strong peels doesn't fit for me.  

We also don't even have the same ability to counterpressure at the start of the game because we are built like classes should be built and have to build up to our burst, while the feral/ret/rogue/hunter/mage/etc. are able to pop their swifty's within the first 10 secs of the game.  

I just think having a druid would be far better with their ability to keep themselves alive.

View PostBlackdawn, on 24 July 2013 - 11:12 AM, said:

Are u kidding like seriously.. ?
Ww provides maybe the best peeling of all with stuns, root, disarm and insta cc.. noone has more

The only Problem is ww dies so fast especially when stunned so sparring is useless!

That's just wrong you realize.  Have you counted the cc that a feral has?  How about a rogue?  Mage?  We have some good cc, but we do not have the most peeling of all.  Clearly this is an 'agree to disagree' situation.

#11 BalanceRexxar

BalanceRexxar
  • Premium Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Rexxar
  • Vengeance
  • 2v2: 2313
  • 3v3: 3017
  • 5v5: 2329
  • RBG: 2193

Posted 25 July 2013 - 05:29 AM

For 5.4 my best guesses are going to be...

ww/ele/disc or rdruid
ww/lock/rdruid rsham or disc
ww/spriest/rdruid or rsham

Those will be top tier monk comps,

I think rdruids will be way way way better than rshams next season because locks will be good and frankly rdruid buffs are insane, I wish more people would QQ about a healer for a change, it's going to get old really quick watching a Druid heal themselves or a teammate 5% of their or a teammate hp every 5 seconds, don't even get me started on them dropping a mushroom that will heal for a million each time on command.

inb4 rdruid healing machines.

#12 Smooviex

Smooviex
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • 2v2: 1775
  • 3v3: 2872
  • 5v5: 2415
  • RBG: 2376

Posted 25 July 2013 - 05:51 AM

lock/ww

#13 Marshmellow

Marshmellow
  • Premium Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-The Forgotten Coast
  • Whirlwind

Posted 25 July 2013 - 05:24 PM

Anyone want to try WW/WW with me next patch? I wanna synchronize some 15 stack Rising Sun Kicks and see if we can global someone
Posted Image

#14 Udderly

Udderly
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:20 PM

Ha, I'm so in.  15 stack RSK's into 2 xFoF on a disable rooted player

#15 Donie

Donie
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/1/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 2098
  • 3v3: 2015
  • RBG: 1939

Posted 26 July 2013 - 08:03 AM

where is bearywhite i wanna try 2x ww/rdruid with him next season since we both on stormscale hehe :D

#16 Blackdawn

Blackdawn
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Der Rat von Dalaran
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Unholy

Posted 26 July 2013 - 09:12 AM

I wouldnt count hunters out, the nerfs wont really Hit so hard

For the peels:
No other melee can peel significantly better, how can u Talk without any Argument?
Despite the cyclone nerf coming even now there is nothing rogue, feral can do much better..

Rogue: para beats gouge, root beats poison, ranged disarm beats melee disarm, fof beats any trinketable non aoestun. + leg sweep..
Feral: lehsweep +fof better aoe stun, ranged disarm, para will beat cyclone by a lot
Also if u legsweep b4, fof will still stun full time...

Nuff said about peeling I guess, face the fscts

Edited by Blackdawn, 26 July 2013 - 09:19 AM.

one life, one chance

#17 Hawtdawye

Hawtdawye
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Arthas
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Blood 0/2/0/0/2/1
  • RBG: 2273

Posted 26 July 2013 - 11:44 AM

ww ret hdrood seems pretty strong
Posted Image

#18 Udderly

Udderly
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 26 July 2013 - 02:47 PM

View PostBlackdawn, on 26 July 2013 - 09:12 AM, said:

I wouldnt count hunters out, the nerfs wont really Hit so hard

For the peels:
No other melee can peel significantly better, how can u Talk without any Argument?
Despite the cyclone nerf coming even now there is nothing rogue, feral can do much better..

Rogue: para beats gouge, root beats poison, ranged disarm beats melee disarm, fof beats any trinketable non aoestun. + leg sweep..
Feral: lehsweep +fof better aoe stun, ranged disarm, para will beat cyclone by a lot
Also if u legsweep b4, fof will still stun full time...

Nuff said about peeling I guess, face the fscts

I'm not going to argue with you.  You've clearly made up your mind and don't care to 'discuss' - you just want to tell me how right you are.  GL.

#19 graynight

graynight
  • Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:01 PM

there are a lot of posts about how strong aff locks will be paired with many different combos for 5.4.  is there a reason why demo wouldn't work as well?  the KJC nerf affects demo less and the double DS is a heavier burst increase for demo than aff.

currently play WW and demo as my main PVP specs so just curious.  main drawback i see with demo is pet stun DR, but that should be pretty minor considering how many CC both classes have and the other things demo brings to the table.  more tanky, more burst, less reliance on being able to cast while moving, more mobility and CC's in meta.  even with the stun DR i would think demo would be on par with aff as a partner for WW?

#20 Udderly

Udderly
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 21 August 2013 - 03:40 PM

View Postgraynight, on 20 August 2013 - 06:01 PM, said:

there are a lot of posts about how strong aff locks will be paired with many different combos for 5.4.  is there a reason why demo wouldn't work as well?  the KJC nerf affects demo less and the double DS is a heavier burst increase for demo than aff.

currently play WW and demo as my main PVP specs so just curious.  main drawback i see with demo is pet stun DR, but that should be pretty minor considering how many CC both classes have and the other things demo brings to the table.  more tanky, more burst, less reliance on being able to cast while moving, more mobility and CC's in meta.  even with the stun DR i would think demo would be on par with aff as a partner for WW?

You're not really gaining anything as playing demo, IMO, since WW already brings burst to the comp.  Axe toss DR isn't the only thing - you also gave up spell lock or imp dispel to get it.  Affliction also will just have spectacular spread pressure with double demon soul and the big dot buffs they've received.  It's not to say Demo couldn't work, but as a WW it would drive me nuts all the times my FoF got DR'd (already have to deal with this using Ox Wave) and having the clutch spell lock is huge.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<