• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 576
  • LocationFinland

Posted 05 August 2013 - 04:36 PM

How is your brainfreeze proc doing more then double the damage of my brainfreeze proc? Or was that a 25k frostbolt crit on a player and a 90k FFB crit on a target dummy?

Ye, sorry. I am getting 55k FFB procs. Don't know where the 90k's came from lol.
www.twitch.tv/crawthz - Gladiator Frostmage stream, please follow!

#202 Lemmi1

Lemmi1
  • Members

Posted 05 August 2013 - 05:15 PM

Ye, sorry. I am getting 55k FFB procs. Don't know where the 90k's came from lol.

uh.. yeah, i was about to ask the same, i never saw those numbers, and frostbolt seems to do near the same damage of FFB, without the guaranteed crit, FFB hits harder but not that much. At least before int procs, don't know how they scale with that, the gap could be larger,

#203 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 05 August 2013 - 08:27 PM

uh.. yeah, i was about to ask the same, i never saw those numbers, and frostbolt seems to do near the same damage of FFB, without the guaranteed crit, FFB hits harder but not that much. At least before int procs, don't know how they scale with that, the gap could be larger,

thats the funny thing :) the base damage of ffb is lower then the base damage of frostbolt, and frostbolt scales better with spellpower then frostfire bolt. the only thing keeping ffb ahead in pve/pvp was the fact that brainfreeze procs would always get the % boost from frostburn, but now thats gone.

so im not really sure how you are getting ffb crits higher then fb crits xD it will obviously crit more often but when they both do crit, frostbolt will always be higher

No because the difference is when I play a comp i play it close to skill cap

if anyone needs to be banned, it's you. You do nothing but sit on AJ being a passive aggressive idiot that nobody likes, sorry you stink of washing up liquid.

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#204 Lemmi1

Lemmi1
  • Members

Posted 05 August 2013 - 08:48 PM

thats the funny thing :) the base damage of ffb is lower then the base damage of frostbolt, and frostbolt scales better with spellpower then frostfire bolt. the only thing keeping ffb ahead in pve/pvp was the fact that brainfreeze procs would always get the % boost from frostburn, but now thats gone.

so im not really sure how you are getting ffb crits higher then fb crits xD it will obviously crit more often but when they both do crit, frostbolt will always be higher

yeah true about the scaling, but i got the numbers on venruki's stream.. It is the ptr and they have been messing with the numbers lately, i mean baking in the 15% extra from frostbolt debuff, maybe there was something there, or the change to the debuff wasn't active yet and was incresing FFB damage, or i confused the numbers, but i could swear that i saw FFB hitting harder than FB in the shatters consistently over the course of the video, small difference anyway.

#205 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 05 August 2013 - 08:56 PM

yeah true about the scaling, but i got the numbers on venruki's stream.. It is the ptr and they have been messing with the numbers lately, i mean baking in the 15% extra from frostbolt debuff, maybe there was something there, or the change to the debuff wasn't active yet and was incresing FFB damage, or i confused the numbers, but i could swear that i saw FFB hitting harder than FB in the shatters consistently over the course of the video, small difference anyway.

frostbolt debuff never increased ffb damage, and they didnt touch the damage of frostbolt. from when i play on the ptr at least they do close to equal damage normally

No because the difference is when I play a comp i play it close to skill cap

if anyone needs to be banned, it's you. You do nothing but sit on AJ being a passive aggressive idiot that nobody likes, sorry you stink of washing up liquid.

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#206 Lemmi1

Lemmi1
  • Members

Posted 05 August 2013 - 09:20 PM

frostbolt debuff never increased ffb damage, and they didnt touch the damage of frostbolt. from when i play on the ptr at least they do close to equal damage normally

mm was wrong with the debuff.. though i did say they seem to do pretty close damage without cds, i must have been seeing FFB powered by trinket and/or tailoring procs. They meant to buff the damage of frostbolt by the way, its on the ptr blog, it must have missed this build.

#207 anneeh

anneeh
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 06 August 2013 - 08:48 AM

I still keep wishing they'd atleast move some dmg back into frostbolt instead of this instant dmg :(

#208 Slamspamx

Slamspamx

Posted 10 August 2013 - 01:55 PM

Edited because I actually tested the changes on PTR now and I'm not just talking out my ass. Not gonna re-roll over the changes, but they're definitely gonna take some getting used to and I don't feel nearly as strong as when we had deep+orb one shot. My lances feel a lot weaker for some reason, and I have to be more thoughtful with offensive Alters rather than just having procs+trinks going and healer CC'd. Also I really REALLY wish they would buff frostbolt already.

Edited by metaldiablo, 16 August 2013 - 05:23 AM.

jTCZfmX.jpg

Kyvq2yP.png                                                                         

#209 Tyumbra

Tyumbra
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents:

Posted 11 August 2013 - 05:49 AM

I still keep wishing they'd atleast move some dmg back into frostbolt instead of this instant dmg :(

They'd have to make some drastic changes to the amount of interrupts then, or make haste more valuable of a stat.

#210 Toxile

Toxile
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aszune
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Shadow 0/1/0/1/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 480
  • 3v3: 2713
  • RBG: 2547

Posted 14 August 2013 - 02:10 PM

Seems like killings mages pet is going to gimp them even more now.......

Edited by Toxile, 14 August 2013 - 02:10 PM.

#211 Tyumbra

Tyumbra
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents:

Posted 14 August 2013 - 08:08 PM

Seems like killings mages pet is going to gimp them even more now.......

That's likely the case. I know it's a short cooldown, but it generally takes about 4 seconds to kill the thing.

Staying fire.

#212 Oldman2a

Oldman2a
  • Members

Posted 17 August 2013 - 09:55 AM

So.. Mage will be nerf or up ?

#213 Burnthewitch

Burnthewitch
  • Members

Posted 17 August 2013 - 05:21 PM

So.. Mage will be nerf or up ?

Mages will most likely have less frequent reliable burst windows. They won't be horrible, but they won't be better.

#214 Lirox

Lirox
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Unholy 0/1/2/2/0/2

Posted 17 August 2013 - 07:38 PM

it seems like a fun idea :D
best

#215 Slamspamx

Slamspamx

Posted 18 August 2013 - 03:26 PM

it seems like a fun idea :D

If you like punching yourself in the dick for fun, then yeah it's pretty exciting.

jTCZfmX.jpg

Kyvq2yP.png                                                                         

#216 watchmepwn

watchmepwn
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 1644
  • 3v3: 2260
  • RBG: 1142

Posted 18 August 2013 - 09:14 PM

Mage stays most likely the same.. You can still 100 to 20-10% some1 in a deepfreeze by yourself (the numbers are just not that big, but thanks to the icecles there will be more numbers).

I do miss my 90k icelance's though :{

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<