Ret Paladin and Brutal Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault

paladin trinket ret talisman

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Shermanimal

Shermanimal
  • Members

Posted 17 July 2013 - 03:12 AM

Hey there! I recently just came back to the game and have been playing my old Ret paladin. I was looking at gear options/BiS choices. As for trinkets, I don't have access to a lot of the best choices (Relic of Xuen, Fabled Feathers I suppose I could get, but Ill mention that later). I noticed the Brutal Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault was pretty easy to get, and with it reforged from expertise to haste and the natural expertise on PvP gear, it puts you at basically the hard cap for expertise (capped vs players parry and dodge, not just dodge).

However, I also was reading that they nerfed the proc from 8,800/15s to 4,400/30s in arena. My questions then are: 1) I know ilvl is reduced in arena to balance out the usage of PvE gear. So then, does the 4,400 proc take into account the item's nerfed ilvl, or will the proc still be 4,400 in arena even though at a 496 ilvl it would be roughly 4,198? 2) Does the expertise on the item also get hit by the ilvl reduction, or only the proc?

I'm just kind of confused on the whole matter of the ilvl reduction, plus the proc change for PvP and was looking for a solid answer. And yes, I know Fabled Feather's proc is better, but I feel like going over the 3% hit cap is more of a waste than the 3% expertise cap, given expertise has two varying caps for dodge and parry. Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<