Koxylol
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ragnaros
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/1/0/1
  • LocationHungary

Posted 16 July 2013 - 10:29 AM

Why can't they just make a buff in arena/rbg that makes all your PVE pieces to scale down to ilvl 0 (ie no stat/setbonus/bullshit)
Posted Image

Spoiler

#2 Okayenhance

Okayenhance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Elemental 0/1/2/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 954

Posted 16 July 2013 - 11:25 AM

GOOD GOD GET THIS GUY  A JOB AT BLIZZARD

because you're about as dumb as ghostcrawler himself

#3 Koxylol

Koxylol
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ragnaros
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • LocationHungary

Posted 16 July 2013 - 11:48 AM

I fail to see what's so bad about my suggestion/idea.
Posted Image

Spoiler

#4 Rileyyz

Rileyyz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Drak'thul
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Protection 0/2/1/2/2/0/.
  • 2v2: 1428
  • 3v3: 2227
  • RBG: 384

Posted 16 July 2013 - 11:57 AM

the problem with that idea it would pretty much tell raiders to fk off. and sadly enough, arena participation is already low enough, let the pvers in we dont need the bottom falling out even more. pve gear is ok to an extent, but if it gets to dragonsoul level broken, it needs to go. those crit dmg trinkets need to be scrapped

#5 Koxylol

Koxylol
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ragnaros
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • LocationHungary

Posted 16 July 2013 - 12:04 PM

Well, imo if some1 goes in arena without getting basic gear from random BGs, he pfmuch deserves to die like a stormwind rat. You can't do HC raids with arena gear - why would they be able to do arenas in PVE gear
Posted Image

Spoiler

#6 Rileyyz

Rileyyz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Drak'thul
  • Vengeance

Posted 16 July 2013 - 12:12 PM

View PostKoxylol, on 16 July 2013 - 12:04 PM, said:

Well, imo if some1 goes in arena without getting basic gear from random BGs, he pfmuch deserves to die like a stormwind rat. You can't do HC raids with arena gear - why would they be able to do arenas in PVE gear
I agree, but at the same time do you want the ladders to be even less active? pve gear isn't bis gear in arenas, i mean ya trinkets can be swapped in and out, but it's not like 520 ilvl raiders are running rampant in arenas, it's scale down plus the dps lose pvp power so it's a fair trade off usually. pve healers can't outheal pvpp geared dps for more than like 30 seconds, and the pvpp geared dps' damage beats out pve geared players damage in arenas. It's fine at the level it is. We need more participation in pvp.

also on the note you can't raid in pvp gear, you can. pvp power doesn't add to the ilvl budget so you can do normals, if you want to go through heroic gear up for pve, because pve players have to gather their conquest to push for rating.

Edited by Rileyyz, 16 July 2013 - 12:13 PM.

#7 Koxylol

Koxylol
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ragnaros
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • LocationHungary

Posted 16 July 2013 - 12:55 PM

Yeah it's true but for example in 5.4 arena ladder should be more active since its regionwide, but I'm pretty sure there will be classes going for PVE 4p sb just for arena beside the utterly retarded trinkets. PVE gear fucked up every season so far and it will also do the same to the following ones. Also imo pvp geared normal raids = pve geared random bg - i'm totally okay with that. Random bg is for fun/getting gear, I just don't wanna get globaled in arena with feint up + cheatdeath just like in some previous seasons.

They removed setbonuses/legendary from challenge modes but they can't remove retarded stuff from arena?
Posted Image

Spoiler

#8 Rileyyz

Rileyyz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Drak'thul
  • Vengeance

Posted 16 July 2013 - 01:07 PM

View PostKoxylol, on 16 July 2013 - 12:55 PM, said:

Yeah it's true but for example in 5.4 arena ladder should be more active since its regionwide, but I'm pretty sure there will be classes going for PVE 4p sb just for arena beside the utterly retarded trinkets. PVE gear fucked up every season so far and it will also do the same to the following ones. Also imo pvp geared normal raids = pve geared random bg - i'm totally okay with that. Random bg is for fun/getting gear, I just don't wanna get globaled in arena with feint up + cheatdeath just like in some previous seasons.
To start things off, I agree. Some of the bonuses look gamebreaking for arenas. Could they remove it? Possibly, but the side effect might be they won't attempt arenas. At least the ladders are gonna feel more inflated because playing one game puts you on the ladder, or so I've hear. It might feel like rating is inflated or some sort, or participation is higher, but it's a false sense. We need the bottom to stop falling out and get more people to queue 3s and 5s.

I also disagree with the pve gear = for bgs. Arena itself is like raiding in the sense of progression. The higher you climb the harder everything becomes, so it's like going from lfr to normal to heroic in a sense. Pve gear should be fine entry level arena gear, and it is, especially if it's low mmr like 1k-1500.

#9 Koxylol

Koxylol
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ragnaros
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • LocationHungary

Posted 16 July 2013 - 01:21 PM

Yeah it is good if they can jump in to get gear, but I'm afraid of stuff happening like in DS. I got my RAIDFINDER vial and we got to 2.3k with shadowRMP instantly beside the fact that none of us could play above 2k-2.1k that time. It's disgusting
Posted Image

Spoiler

#10 Rileyyz

Rileyyz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Drak'thul
  • Vengeance

Posted 16 July 2013 - 01:25 PM

ya as long as that doesnt happen pve gear is fine imo, just gotta watch out for retard stuff like that

#11 Persephones

Persephones
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/1/2/0/1
  • RBG: 2123
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 16 July 2013 - 01:40 PM

View PostKoxylol, on 16 July 2013 - 12:04 PM, said:

Stepping into arena at 1500 rating = raiding heroic raids rofl you're retarded

You should be able to participate in arena and still perform decently at low ratings, just like you can perform decently in lfr/normal raids with pvp gear/shit gear.

View PostBraindance, on 22 June 2013 - 07:05 AM, said:

The current season is at a very good spot balance-wise. There is a comp variety that hasn't been seen in the game since s8.

#12 Koxylol

Koxylol
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ragnaros
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • LocationHungary

Posted 16 July 2013 - 02:00 PM

View PostPersephones, on 16 July 2013 - 01:40 PM, said:

Stepping into arena at 1500 rating = raiding heroic raids rofl you're retarded

You should be able to participate in arena and still perform decently at low ratings, just like you can perform decently in lfr/normal raids with pvp gear/shit gear.

>>implying hc jinrokh/jikun harder than 1500s arena (not talking about a few others)
Posted Image

Spoiler

#13 Rileyyz

Rileyyz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Drak'thul
  • Vengeance

Posted 16 July 2013 - 02:04 PM

Difficulty in anything is subjective. Trying to argue of which one is harder and win is near impossible on both sides, and pretty pointless. Performance should be the main factor in arena victories, and for the most part it is. The other team having a pve trinket or some set bonus is the last thing on my mind when the gates open, and as long as it stays that way pve gear is fine.

edit: accidentally a sentence and a word

Edited by Rileyyz, 16 July 2013 - 02:09 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<