MAGES NERFED AGAIN!!!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
82 replies to this topic

#41 JamesDean

JamesDean
  • Members

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:40 PM

View PostMoshe, on 15 July 2013 - 07:15 PM, said:

Mages never had a bad season, i'm 100% sure that they will never have a bad season. Like 5.3 ptr, there were number of nerfs to mages but somehow they got removed one by one in every new build before release on live. Thats how they nerf mages.

Why do you want any class to have a bad season according to what happened in the past, dont you just want the game to be some kind of balanced? This is not a game where to try to get revenge against certain classe's. Stupid fukin logic which I see all the time on AJ.. only proves this forum is a bunch of kiddos.

#42 Neverever

Neverever
  • Members

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:55 PM

To all the mages complaining about how the mastery change will negatively affect their damage: why are you posting and thinking about this change in isolation?

You're all acting and writing as if a mage just has damage and nothing else.

"Our damage and kill opportunities were high now they have been lowered - we will never be good, woe is me :(" - that's all you're saying, forgetting about everything else a mage brings.

Do you realise just how much other bullshit you have compared to the rest of the classes?

Believe it or not but when you combine low damage with high utility you get something that you may never have heard of before - BALANCE.

I honestly think mages have become so used to having a complete arena toolkit that is the envy of many classes that they don't know what being normal feels like.

I wonder, mages, how many of you have played against mage teams on a class that isn't a mage? Have you tried playing as a holy paladin against a mage team? Have you tried playing as a warrior against a mage team? Can I give you a hint as to what it's like - like playing as a mage against hunters and ferals......

It's just an unlucky coincidence that both ferals and hunters, the two classes whose mechanics directly counter a mage's arsenal the most, happen to be strong right now making it seem like mages must be normal or even underpowered. Once they are nerfed, I assure you, all hell will break loose when it comes to wizardcleaves.

Somewhat sensibly, by nerfing mages, Blizzard will keep all the other casters in check.

The only fair and sensible reason to complain about these changes from a mage PoV would be by saying that they will make mage gameplay even more dull, dumb and boring than it already is. Nevertheless, everyone who isn't a mage and who doesn't play with mages is happy to put up with this.

Please, go ahead and complain about mages becoming unfun after this change, but don't say that this will make them unviable because then you really show the world that you have no sense of perspective.

View PostDizzeeyo, on 16 July 2013 - 12:28 AM, said:

id love to be playing the same game as you where hunters and ferals are the biggest counters to mages

#43 wodeta

wodeta

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:03 PM

Are you guys seriously thinking mages gonna be HORRIBLE now? you still can spam 80k ice lances
Posted Image

#44 phael

phael
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/2
  • RBG: 1503

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:06 PM

View Postwodeta, on 15 July 2013 - 10:03 PM, said:

Are you guys seriously thinking mages gonna be HORRIBLE now? you still can spam 80k ice lances

What ever the fuck this guy is smoking, I want some.

#45 watchmepwn

watchmepwn
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Talnivarr
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • 2v2: 2136
  • 3v3: 2880
  • 5v5: 2354
  • RBG: 768

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:11 PM

View Postphael, on 15 July 2013 - 10:06 PM, said:

What ever the fuck this guy is smoking, I want some.

pass me some too.

Apparently this thread is full of dumbshitheads =[

#46 Alexandrius

Alexandrius

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:14 PM

In cata you could get a 60k frostbolt (with 20k icelance after) vs 120k hp opponents s11 and frost was considered a weak spec (well compared to fire)...you could basically one shot people.  I think it's obvious frost as a spec has always been a finesse glass cannon I don't understand why people complain about it so much.  Damage and control and less passive survivability.   Dispel changes+ Mage bombs ruined the spec but things like alter time, temporal shield, and the occasional 100k shatter combo are all that keep it fun for me at least.  I really don't care about this change because against any decent players that see Pom and alter time go up at once all three of them are probably spam dispelling you anyways.

Edited by Swagimusprime, 15 July 2013 - 10:15 PM.

#47 Enaina

Enaina
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Trollbane
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:58 PM

View PostZerlog, on 15 July 2013 - 04:54 PM, said:

This is why i h8 blizzard.. they cant just nerf and balance, they either NERF TO THE GROUND, or Overbuff

That being said, blink will have 5sec longer cd and ice block will be an absorb not an immune. #BELIEVE

You, and generally people that think they would make a PERFECT developer, need to shut the fuck up for once. Fortunately, most of your kind are stuck on this site, plus Blizzard doesn't even read here - but you are the kind of person that ruin ANY constructive discussion. There is NO way that, being a good player, proves that you know how to design a game, just as a driver cannot make cars.

A company like Blizzard with this budget, prooobably design a better game that you would ever imagine - I guess the issue for you is that you don't even understand the intent for the changes..

#48 Prolifics

Prolifics
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Feral 2/2/1/1/2/.
  • RBG: 575

Posted 15 July 2013 - 11:12 PM

Well, realistically its more along the lines of ~60k. But yes, its still retarded.

#49 Olushieq

Olushieq
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Burning Legion
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/.

Posted 15 July 2013 - 11:43 PM

I think most mages are whining not because of our dmg(its good) but because playing a mage right now consists in 95% of training time by mostly unkitable melee or 1 shooting eles, and in 5% of spamming instant cc and instant dmg when your trinkets procs or partners go ham. That's the issue, and disregarding how strong the spec is I don't  feel like playing my mage at all and as long as we are forced into sl/sl lock playstyle there is no real point in talking about the number tweaks.

#50 Sabyth

Sabyth
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Uldaman
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 16 July 2013 - 12:03 AM

Already Reverted

#51 Tsx

Tsx
  • Junkies

Posted 16 July 2013 - 12:10 AM

80k?Ok i guess u could say that if 40k=80k

#52 phael

phael
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • RBG: 1503

Posted 16 July 2013 - 12:25 AM

View PostYarmyxx, on 16 July 2013 - 12:10 AM, said:

80k?Ok i guess u could say that if 40k=80k

This. Math is hard apparently.

#53 Athená

Athená
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/0
  • RBG: 2352
  • LocationThe Hague

Posted 16 July 2013 - 12:25 AM

Just remove pom from the game all together.
80% of the mages can only land polies through pom.
No mage ever went for it because you had to give up shit in the frost tree, frost mages did not and do not need more cc than they already do.
I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

#54 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 16 July 2013 - 12:28 AM

View PostNeverever, on 15 July 2013 - 09:55 PM, said:

It's just an unlucky coincidence that both ferals and hunters, the two classes whose mechanics directly counter a mage's arsenal the most, happen to be strong right now making it seem like mages must be normal or even underpowered.
id love to be playing the same game as you where hunters and ferals are the biggest counters to mages

Once they are nerfed, I assure you, all hell will break loose when it comes to wizardcleaves.
Somewhat sensibly, by nerfing mages, Blizzard will keep all the other casters in check.
id also love to be playing the same game as you where mages are the best caster or even feature in the strongest wizard cleave comp atm

I wonder, mages, how many of you have played against mage teams on a class that isn't a mage? Have you tried playing as a holy paladin against a mage team? Have you tried playing as a warrior against a mage team? Can I give you a hint as to what it's like - like playing as a mage against hunters and ferals......
so it feels like you can lose if you fuck up but if you play well and position well and dont overextend you should win? sounds like it feels just as it should then

Please, go ahead and complain about mages becoming unfun after this change, but don't say that this will make them unviable because then you really show the world that you have no sense of perspective.
no-one is saying the change will make mages un-viable, but most of us dont want to only be viable as a cc bot while an elemental shaman kills something :)

Edited by Dizzeeyo, 16 July 2013 - 12:44 AM.

View PostPouncedd, on 12 June 2014 - 01:51 AM, said:

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper and have looked at the numbers comparatively for almost every class

View PostJontex, on 23 June 2014 - 04:48 PM, said:

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#55 Pretalethal

Pretalethal
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 16 July 2013 - 12:52 AM

The PoM change was reverted:

http://blue.mmo-cham...pve-fire-mages/

#56 Vamel

Vamel
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-The Maelstrom
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Shadow 0/0/1/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 948
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 576

Posted 16 July 2013 - 01:06 AM

View PostCapers, on 15 July 2013 - 06:31 PM, said:

God, I'm convinced mages are the biggest whiners in this game. Do anything at all to the class, and every mage comes out of the woodwork just to bitch until it gets turned into a buff.

Hell, even low rated <1500 mages are the worst. Without hunters, your class would be down right stupid right now.

actually ur class is qqing     cause at the start of a new expansion warr is op then it SUCKS         so get out of here.......  ur qqing 24/7

#57 Djandawg

Djandawg
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Genjuros
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 16 July 2013 - 01:45 AM

They should make pom not working with poly unless you are arcane or something.

#58 Zilea

Zilea
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Holy 0/1/2/2/2/0
  • RBG: 192

Posted 16 July 2013 - 02:09 AM

Nobody in their right mind would oppose this change. Same concept should go to NS clone, instant hex, etc. All of the "instant" CCs need to be taken OUT

EDIT: LMAO, blizzard reverted, so i guess we know who would oppose these changes
They should at least make it so you can't POM polymorph, jesus

Edited by Zilea, 16 July 2013 - 02:13 AM.

#59 JamesDean

JamesDean
  • Members

Posted 16 July 2013 - 02:31 AM

WTF 80k? I really wanna buy ur mage then..

#60 Moshe

Moshe
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/0/2/1/1
  • 2v2: 1707
  • 3v3: 2354
  • RBG: 384
  • LocationFinland

Posted 16 July 2013 - 02:48 AM

View PostJamesDean, on 15 July 2013 - 09:40 PM, said:

Why do you want any class to have a bad season according to what happened in the past, dont you just want the game to be some kind of balanced? This is not a game where to try to get revenge against certain classe's. Stupid fukin logic which I see all the time on AJ.. only proves this forum is a bunch of kiddos.

I'm sorry to inform you but everything in my post is true more or less. I quess posting ironic stuff here doesn't pay out since this is a mage forum after all. Same thing can be seen in the warrior forum: it only takes any non-warrior to say something like "warriors are fine" and everyone goes crazy and start to flame. No, I don't want mages to have a bad season, I was just implying that if your class gets nerfs that doesn't automatically make you the worst caster like almost every mage in this thread thinks. Also it's still early prt, anything can happen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<