Zaephyr
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Blood 2/0/0/0/2/.

Posted 14 July 2013 - 11:02 PM

i was the minority at my high school
"Please use an appropriate signature; thanks! www.arenajunkies.com/forum-9/announcement-3-forum-rules-2272014

#23 Hyrmine

Hyrmine
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Arms 2/1/1/1/1/0

Posted 14 July 2013 - 11:25 PM

UK worst country EU

#24 Pookette

Pookette
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Destruction

Posted 14 July 2013 - 11:30 PM

View PostFTRouslan, on 14 July 2013 - 06:17 PM, said:

Zimmerman is going to be broke as fuck after the civil trial.

hardly, he had a couple websites that raised at least $200k to help his trial.

#25 FTRouslan

FTRouslan
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Maiev
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Frost
  • RBG: 1141

Posted 15 July 2013 - 12:53 AM

View PostPookette, on 14 July 2013 - 11:30 PM, said:

hardly, he had a couple websites that raised at least $200k to help his trial.

Depends on how much he'll have to pay in damages if they hold him accountable. We'll have to wait and see.
Nasty, brutish, and about 6'1".

View PostNameswapro, on 18 November 2014 - 09:38 PM, said:

Look at me. I can start and stop wars, at will. I can save or destroy the world. I can do anything I fucking want. Just now, I pissed near my toilet bowl because I fucking can.

#26 Pookette

Pookette
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Destruction

Posted 15 July 2013 - 03:17 AM

Pardon my ignorance, but damages for what? He was already found not guilty.

#27 FTRouslan

FTRouslan
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Maiev
  • Whirlwind

Posted 15 July 2013 - 03:26 AM

View PostPookette, on 15 July 2013 - 03:17 AM, said:

They're giving him the OJ Simpson treatment. Found not guilty in a criminal trial, but being charged in a civil trial anyways.

Probably because of recklessness and negligence. While they can't hold him criminally liable for killing Trayvon Martin in self defense, they could find a reason to make him pay damages because of things he did to provoke an encounter.

It's one of those weird cases where you're guilty, but not THAT guilty. I honestly think the damages shouldn't be comparable to a lengthy prison sentence if he wasn't found guilty of murder or manslaughter though; otherwise that would just be abuse. But that's my personal opinion.

Look at me. I can start and stop wars, at will. I can save or destroy the world. I can do anything I fucking want. Just now, I pissed near my toilet bowl because I fucking can.

#28 Jayru

Jayru
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Bloodfeather
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Survival

Posted 15 July 2013 - 06:32 AM

View PostbIlliAn, on 14 July 2013 - 11:31 AM, said:

Watched every single day of this trial and I have to say that he is innocent of manslaughter and murder but should have been fined for disobeying lay enforcement.

If you watched every day of the trial you wouldn't have missed the part where they covered why the operator isn't law enforcement, and anything they say isn't a lawful order.  It's merely a disclaimer.  If the operator hadn't told Zimmerman to stop following the operator could get sued as well.

View PostPookette, on 15 July 2013 - 03:17 AM, said:

You can be absolved of criminal liability, but can still have a civil case brought against you irregardless of the criminal finding.  Florida has a few laws protecting against civil suits, but at the end of the day it was an intentional tort by Zimmerman so he probably has to pay for the funeral, lawyer fees, etc.  If he had just wounded Trayvon it'd be medical bills.  Police departments have to pay out for violating 4th amendment rights.  The mother of the guy in this story got paid $50,000 even though he killed two cops, wounded another.

#29 FTRouslan

FTRouslan
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Maiev
  • Whirlwind

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:02 AM

View PostJayru, on 15 July 2013 - 06:32 AM, said:

If you watched every day of the trial you wouldn't have missed the part where they covered why the operator isn't law enforcement, and anything they say isn't a lawful order.  It's merely a disclaimer.  If the operator hadn't told Zimmerman to stop following the operator could get sued as well.

You can be absolved of criminal liability, but can still have a civil case brought against you irregardless of the criminal finding.  Florida has a few laws protecting against civil suits, but at the end of the day it was an intentional tort by Zimmerman so he probably has to pay for the funeral, lawyer fees, etc.  If he had just wounded Trayvon it'd be medical bills.  Police departments have to pay out for violating 4th amendment rights.  The mother of the guy in this story got paid $50,000 even though he killed two cops, wounded another.

The operator could have gotten sued? Are you shitting me? Not anything against you, but the fact that I can believe that is simply how ridiculous our culture of litigation has gotten.

That's where the line between "He's gonna pay for his heinous crimes" and "Dang, now how can I profit from this" is drawn.

#30 Hyrmine

Hyrmine
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Arms 2/1/1/1/1/0

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:05 PM

Pretty sure that mother is endlessly happy that her troublesome kid is gone and she gets paid for it.

#31 Absoqt

Absoqt
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Burning Legion
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Discipline 1/2/1/1/1/2
  • RBG: 1905

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:19 PM

Fucking punks. These assholes, they always get away.

Oh the irony.

Edited by Absoqt, 15 July 2013 - 07:26 PM.

Gooby pls

#32 Arterian

Arterian
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 15 July 2013 - 11:28 PM

I AM TRAYVON.

View PostZilea, on 08 October 2011 - 02:36 PM, said:

Believe it or not I'm a nice guy with a mild mannered personality. So no, i wouldn't "choke someone", even though my 6pack abs allow me to do that

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<