- Diffuse Magic
- Fists of Fury
- Spear Hand Strike
- Tigereye Brew
- Ring of Peace
- Touch of Karma
- Zen Meditation
10. Blackout Kick and Rising Sun Kick___________________________________________________________________________________________________
1. My Commentary on Diffuse Magic: The primary fix this needs is to be able to be used while stunned. Almost all classes are able to save themselves without having to trinket anything, examples of these are, barkskin, disperse, iceblock, bubble, roar of sacrifice (sometimes), sacrificial pact, dark bargain, pain suppression, and shamanistic rage. By now you will have noticed there only a few class abilities aren't in that list, one of them is rogues, another is warriors, and lastly us monks. And we all know those 3 classes are pretty bad in arena right now. So here's the fixed version.
Reduces all spell damage taken by 90%
2. My Commentary on Fists of Fury: The fix I'd like to see with this is a minor change that really won't effect it too much. The problem isn't that when you hit a pet and a player with it that it splits the damage the problem is that you're actually hitting two things instead of one. Because of lag, jumping, etc. I've had people jump out of the range of my fists of fury, walk right through it without being hit, just straight up missed when I'm right on then, also if pets are on my ass then the fists of fury will hit them even though my fists are going forward and I end up having to cancel it because I'm magically punching things behind me while facing forward. So here's the fix.
Fists of Fury:
Pummel all targets in front of you with rapid hand strikes, stunning them and dealing [X] damage immediately and every 1 sec for 4 sec. Damage is spread evenly over all targets. This ability can be used while moving for the first 2 seconds of the channel.
3. My Commentary on Spear Hand Strike: Clearly Blizzard doesn't learn from their mistakes or they would have fixed this already. All the 2s silence does on Spear Hand Strike is reward poor play, DR actual silences, and annoy the living shit out of everybody. Here's the fix.
Spear Hand Strike:
You jab the target in the throat, interrupting their spell cast and preventing any spell in that school from being cast for 4 sec.
4. My Commentary on Tigereye Brew: It's perfectly fine AS IT IS the fact that I am posting a fix on a update that hasn't even gone live shows how they have no idea what is going on. I accept that this is mostly likely to buff PvE but if it goes into PvP monk damage will be stupid. The current problem it faces is against teams like Ret Hunter and Jungle who run in and force the monk defensive or go into peel mode where that aren't using as much chi therefore less stacks so they can't counter pressure all that one-shot mechanic that other classes have. I agree with this change here,
Bottled Fury has been redesigned. The Mastery now gives a chance to generate an additional charge of Tigereye Brew when the Monk gains one normally.
This will make it so we can do damage faster in the game but the change where you can consume 15 at a time for 6% each is crazy. Right now it's 10 for 3-4% per stack. And it's fine, making it 3.5% and removing the increased damage on Tigereye Brew off mastery and replacing it for the chance to get double stacks will be better. So if you actually read this and are confused here it is. THESE ARE MY CHANGES NOT ACTUAL PATCH NOTES!
- Mastery: Bottled Fury has been redesigned. The Mastery now gives a chance to generate an additional charge of Tigereye Brew when the Monk gains one normally.
- Tigereye Brew received a number of adjustments.
- Stacks up to 30 charges (up from 20 charges). [This is okay nobody gets 20 stacks mid game are you kidding, purely PvE change I guess]
- Can be consumed 10 at a time.
- Increases damage by 4.5% per stack, but is no longer increased by Mastery.
The Monk gains 1 charge of Tigereye Brew for every 4 Chi spent (down from 1 charge per 3 Chi spent).
5. My Commentary on Sparring: Nobody likes RNG in arena, and sparring gives so much RNG it's dumb. It needs a complete redesign or removed completely. If anyone has actually faced a monk you know just how often you get your Leg Sweep parried then your Rising Sun Kick parried and then your Grapple Weapon dodged. It has happened to me and probably many more. All this ability does is give the monk passive RNG to luck out. Here is the change. And if this were to be a change glyph of sparring would need to be removed or redesigned as well.
When you attack them back, Sparring is amplified by an additional 5%. Stacks up to 3 times.
When you are attacked by a enemy, you being to spar their attacks, reducing damage taken by 5% for 10 seconds. This effect has a 30 second cooldown. When you attack them back, Sparring is amplified by an additional 5%. Stacks up to 3 times.
6. My Commentary on Ring of Peace: Classic Blizzard, wants to nerf something and ends up obliterating it to make it next to useless. This ability also needs to be Re-Re-Designed. I agree that its original state was overpowered, basically a 8 second bubble against warriors, rogues, ret paladins, feral druids, etc. It was dumb I agree. But now it is useless against any melee with a weapon chain because it makes the disarm 1.5 to .75 to .375. And the first disarm may stop them for 1.5 seconds but it is triggered by an attack they will be on the GCD and chances are the disarm will be over before the GCD is. So absolute poop against melee. For caster's it is occasionally useful, most of the time I keep leg sweep or charging ox wave instead but against a mage team where I want to go the mage the majority of the game I take it, it can also be looked at similar to disrupting shout, it makes it okay but still not as good as Leg Sweep or Charging Ox Wave in my opinion. Gratz if you read this here is the fix. This would also need interrupts that require weapons to be redesigned.
Ring of Peace:
Forms a sanctuary around the friendly target, all enemies within the ring of peace will be disarmed but does not stop auto-attacks or interrupt abilities. If an enemy casts within the ring of peace they will be silenced for 3 seconds [with diminishing returns]. Ring of Peace lasts 4 seconds.
7. My Commentary on Touch of Karma: I find it hilarious how our only defensive ability against melee can be ice-blocked, bubbled, or dispelled via Hand of Protection. The fix for this is really simple.
- Touch of Karma has been redesigned. It is now a two-step ability, the first step applies the buff to you absorbing damage and the second step applies the damage over time effect to whatever target you choose. When the Touch of Karma debuff is removed from who it was applied to it no longer removes the buff from the monk.
8. My Commentary on Zen Meditation: This ability isn't very but it has a good simple fix. 3 minutes is too long for how long it lasts and what it does and how easily it can be stopped. Would probably effect PvE but again Blizzard needs to separate ability effects if they are in arena or not.
Reduces all damage taken by 90% and redirects to you up to 5 harmful spells cast against party and raid members within 30 yards. Lasts 8 sec.
Being the victim of a melee attack will break your meditation, cancelling the effect. This ability can be used while silenced but is now susceptible to interrupts.
9. My Commentary on Paralysis: In the forum "What do monks need to be competitive" or something like that, people were talking how paralysis shouldn't be an incapacitate and DR with such things, I don't agree or disagree with that because I have no clue on how it would turn out, on idea I have for this is to make it share a DR with cyclone and then have it tested on PTR, I feel like it could easily become overpowered because of a 6s paralysis into 8s poly, 4s poly, 2s poly, wait a little bit then another 6s paralysis. I feel like it would have the potential to be overpowered. You can discuss it in the comments.
10. My Commentary on Blackout Kick and Rising Sun Kick: RSK and BOK are two very different abilities damage wise. I think my highest Blackout Kick in PvP was around 80k and my highest Rising Sun Kick was 170k on a mage. That is bizarre. Although our Rising Sun Kick is a mini-burst I don't think we should be consistently hitting 120k+. Here is the fix.
Rising Sun Kick: Reduce Damage Slightly
Blackout Kick: Increase Damage Slightly
Balance this out.
Edited by BalanceRexxar, 04 August 2013 - 03:15 AM.