• Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 13 July 2013 - 11:46 PM

View PostGothiques, on 13 July 2013 - 09:19 PM, said:

Spectator-commentator can easily change nicknames in Spectator UI to real ones.
But yes, teams have to use their nicknames as it is said in rules given to all captains.
However we cant punish for everything all the time, then we had to do more than 10 tech. loses already, i have a hope in mankind, that not every single player is retarded kid.

The problem with WoW online tournaments compared to other games or LAN tournaments is that you cant press pause in game when shit happens, someone can get DC or DDoSed and players are too agressive, especially kids (in LAN they would simply have their face smashed). All this shit makes WoW online tournaments much harder to organize and predict what shit can go out the team you invited to tournament. Probably some teams just shoulnt be invited and thats what I will change in League of Arenas season 2.
Posted Image

View PostZerstiren, on 14 August 2011 - 01:21 AM, said:

If you haven't +repped this guy, you are part of the problem.

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

#62 Atkinson

Atkinson
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 192

Posted 14 July 2013 - 12:02 AM

View PostWoundman, on 13 July 2013 - 02:29 AM, said:

Samx is being bashed because of the drama he has caused in the past. AKA being a douche like me.
Who would call the great serration a douche :o?
Vaporware @ tichondrius - Goblin Deathknight

#63 Kettu

Kettu
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Dunemaul
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/2/0/2/0
  • RBG: 960
  • LocationKuwait

Posted 14 July 2013 - 12:52 AM

View PostWildeHilde, on 12 July 2013 - 10:16 PM, said:

Still hope Samx & Hydra remain in the tournament. Watching RMP (or Kekepopa on Warrior) is just so much more fun than caster cleave vs. caster cleave.
So you hope Hydra remains in the tournament after his chilidish attempts of destroying the tourny, and then you dare scolding the "community" for giving justified feedback (You call it flaming?) about the things that were handled wrong in the tournament. Fanboying + Naive way of thinking + Idiocy + Huge biasness in favor to the 3 RMP classes, which you don't even bother to hide, is a bad combination for a content editor, no offense.

But in all honesty, organizing such a tournament is huge and there is very little appreciation from the community for doing that. People flame every last bit and discourage other organizers by that. Admins are often times not sure how to decide and when 100 people are whispering there is a good chance to make the wrong call. In situations like these it is best to give the admins time to make the right call and just wait. Personally I have a hard time judging who was right and who was wrong.

Give them a bit of time and actually appreciate what they are doing. It's been very long since the last tournament (this is relevant, how?) and some of the matches were absolutely awesome.
People flamed the dumb decision made by the organizers. They flamed the _decision_ , not the organizers. Learn the difference, really. It's 2 completely different things. "Flaming" the wrong decisions courages the organizers to do correct decisions in the future.

Just because you have a "hard time judging who was right and who was wrong" doesn't mean everyone has this similar problem. The admins made a clear mistake. Everyone watching the tournament, including the commentators, noticed it (and knew what should've been done) within seconds.

Generally in tournaments, you decide and inform the teams about the tournament rules beforehand. Then you stick to these rules. If something happens that isn't included in the rules, you think for a second what would be the neutrally and morally correct decision. In this particular situation, the morally correct option was so obvious that even the commentators were amazed by the (wrong) decision of the admins.

If sorting out a situation as simple as this takes over 15 minutes, there's something seriously wrong.

Ceterum censeo: I want to see Samx play more than any other player in this tournament. Really hope they continue.
English please, this is an English forum. You can read forum rules if you don't believe. Or people don't understand what you write.

TL;DR Your opinions are cancer to E-sports (E-sports, lol). Stop posting biased opinions. No one wants to read them. Stick to content editing, which you're good at.

#64 Flabbert

Flabbert
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Elemental 0/0/1/2/0/2
  • RBG: 2460

Posted 14 July 2013 - 01:01 AM

View PostFuguFish, on 13 July 2013 - 11:30 PM, said:

I'm not from the US so can you link me an example? If a commentator behaves as poorly as you claim I'd be shocked if there were no repercussions.

Also I should add that if you want to go further on the sports analogy, players are often "allowed" to be poorly mannered. They can be subject to lengthy bans from competing in the sport. Commentators' behaviors however, are much more harshly regulated as they are not subject to the stress and pressure that the players undergo during competition. Commentators are also the face of the sport, which is why they must refrain from openly damning others (especially if this can be associated with the producers due to liability and potential lawsuits).

Never watch TV shows during a soccer's first half break? They can seriously talk some players into the ground and flat out call them idiots, shows that are watched by millions. And i'm certain that if something like happened during a soccer match the commentators surely had there saying on it and it would have been sports news for a week where every little important person wants to do there saying in every sports paper.
Posted Image

#65 FuguFish

FuguFish
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Nordrassil
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1870

Posted 14 July 2013 - 01:36 AM

View PostFlabbert, on 14 July 2013 - 01:01 AM, said:

Never watch TV shows during a soccer's first half break? They can seriously talk some players into the ground and flat out call them idiots, shows that are watched by millions. And i'm certain that if something like happened during a soccer match the commentators surely had there saying on it and it would have been sports news for a week where every little important person wants to do there saying in every sports paper.

At half time you generally hear commentators talk about certain decisions and debate on whether it could've been done differently. Very rarely do they attack the players on a personal level (i.e. name calling, impersonation). I haven't heard anyone calling players idiots very often either, maybe its a difference in culture?

Sorry I didn't understand the second half of your reply :(

#66 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • LocationRussia

Posted 14 July 2013 - 02:14 AM

Giving feedback is fine (even negative), but please refrain from insulting or flaming.
Default UI Scripts - Compilation & how-to

#67 Smooviex

Smooviex
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1775
  • 3v3: 2872
  • 5v5: 2415
  • RBG: 2376

Posted 14 July 2013 - 03:24 AM

View PostZong, on 13 July 2013 - 05:19 PM, said:

I love the banning/picking format. It's excellent. When's the last time we saw such a large spectrum of interesting specs? It's made for a much more interesting tournament

watching what should be one of the top teams lose to randoms cause they're forced into playing a shit comp isn't interesting. I know snutz wasn't around but still, those games were not enjoyable.

#68 Poseyx

Poseyx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Arcane 0/0/0/2/0/2
  • LocationNY

Posted 14 July 2013 - 03:28 AM

i didnt watch a lot of the tournament but whoever that one biased retard in skype was who could barley speak english i wanted to punch in the face
www.Twitch.tv/wushington - Multi Gladiator feral stream

Mrlindv - Youtube channel

#69 Marshmellow

Marshmellow
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-The Forgotten Coast
  • Whirlwind
  • 2v2: 2140
  • 3v3: 2447

Posted 14 July 2013 - 03:34 AM

View PostSmooviex, on 14 July 2013 - 03:24 AM, said:

watching what should be one of the top teams lose to randoms cause they're forced into playing a shit comp isn't interesting. I know snutz wasn't around but still, those games were not enjoyable.

It's definitely better than watching the same 3 comps play eachother over and over and over again
Posted ImagePosted Image              Posted Image

#70 Snuggli

Snuggli
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Steamwheedle Cartel
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Feral 2/0/2/1/0/2
  • 2v2: 1925
  • 3v3: 2209
  • RBG: 384
  • LocationUK

Posted 14 July 2013 - 03:34 AM

They aren't one of the best teams (in this tournament setting) if they are losing to randoms.

It's their fault for not being able to multiclass.

Edited by Snuggli, 14 July 2013 - 03:35 AM.

View PostBraindance, on 11 October 2013 - 12:44 PM, said:

Go listen to some Bieber shit and leave me alone fucko.

#71 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 14 July 2013 - 03:47 AM

1) Those "randoms" are some of the best teams in Russia. Not knowing them doesn't mean they are randoms

2) The same "randoms" had AMAZING teamplay if you were watching the game carefully instead of paying too much attention to the commentary. If you were watching the games they were actually very intense with tons of clutch moments from both teams

3) It was their choice to play a "shit" comp. Venruki could pick fire and have a much easier time. He wanted to play frost, I respect that, but he wasn't forced, it was his choice. It's not like the other team was playing t1 comps

General notes:

All in all, the tournament so far is very enjoyable to watch, both match-wise and drama-wise. Don't like it fuck off.

To the people flaming non-English speaking commentators; in a Russian organized tournament, with Russian money, you should be grateful you had Azael commentating in English.

An observation regarding "skill" differences in WoW between EU and US:

US: More teamplay, less weight to individual skill
EU: More weight to individual skill, less teamplay
Overall: US~EU

I am deeply disappointed by US players, because I thought (wrongly it seems) that they had far superior manners compared to EU players. Commentary is also somewhat biased; every single global US teams use is "intelligent", "beautiful" and "amazing". Of course, I am more than certain that it would be the same for EU teams if EU players were commentating.

Tl;dr both sides of the Atlantic are the same exact shit on the internet

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

#72 Marshmellow

Marshmellow
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-The Forgotten Coast
  • Whirlwind
  • 2v2: 2140
  • 3v3: 2447

Posted 14 July 2013 - 04:01 AM

View PostBraindance, on 14 July 2013 - 03:47 AM, said:

Tl;dr both sides of the Atlantic are the same exact shit on the internet

Not according to Hydra, and remember, he's Hydra
Posted ImagePosted Image              Posted Image

#73 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 14 July 2013 - 04:03 AM

View PostMarshmellow, on 14 July 2013 - 04:01 AM, said:

Not according to Hydra, and remember, he's Hydra
"Opinions are like assholes. Everybody's got one and everyone thinks everyone else's stinks."

#74 Conradical

Conradical
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Garona
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/2/0/2/.

Posted 14 July 2013 - 04:26 AM

View PostBraindance, on 14 July 2013 - 03:47 AM, said:

Commentary is also somewhat biased; every single global US teams use is "intelligent", "beautiful" and "amazing". Of course, I am more than certain that it would be the same for EU teams if EU players were commentating.

I specifically complimented the EU players after US players won games because I knew shit like this would be said.

#75 hekumzx

hekumzx
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1744
  • 3v3: 2718
  • 5v5: 576

Posted 14 July 2013 - 04:32 AM

garbo.
cant even watch.

A comprehensive look at resto shaman, from the inside out - http://i.imgur.com/icr36xO.png

Posted Image

Official Blizzard Quote:

11/18/10
Balance isn't as easy as some seem to think and often balance is in the eye of the beholder.. We believe priests will be in good shape if not great..

#76 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 14 July 2013 - 04:32 AM

View PostConradical, on 14 July 2013 - 04:26 AM, said:

I specifically complimented the EU players after US players won games because I knew shit like this would be said.
I wasn't talking about you Conradical - I was mostly focusing on everyone's favorite kid Azael, and mostly on the micro-commentating during the game at each global etc. Feel free to watch the VoDs and you will see what I mean. For me, slight favoritism doesn't matter at all because I don't really pay attention to the commentary, as I am much more focused on watching the actual game myself.

I really like your commentating in general, because imho you have much better awareness of what happens in the game than other commentators, and I know that you also say some things that you don't really mean.

You don't have to take everything personal - that's what I did on AJ and I almost went crazy.

#77 Conradical

Conradical
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Garona
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/2/0/2/.

Posted 14 July 2013 - 04:36 AM

View PostBraindance, on 14 July 2013 - 04:32 AM, said:

I wasn't talking about you Conradical - I was mostly focusing on everyone's favorite kid Azael, and mostly on the micro-commentating during the game at each global etc. Feel free to watch the VoDs and you will see what I mean. For me, slight favoritism doesn't matter at all because I don't really pay attention to the commentary, as I am much more focused on watching the actual game myself.

I really like your commentating in general, because imho you have much better awareness of what happens in the game than other commentators, and I know that you also say some things that you don't really mean.

You don't have to take everything personal - that's what I did on AJ and I almost went crazy.

ah my bad. I thought you might be on the bandwagon that was calling me biased. My apologies.

#78 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 14 July 2013 - 04:42 AM

View PostConradical, on 14 July 2013 - 04:36 AM, said:

ah my bad. I thought you might be on the bandwagon that was calling me biased. My apologies.
No one can be absolutely objective. Of course there was some slight bias during commentating, and I am 100% sure that it is subconscious. There is always some slight bias in commentating, even in organized sports.

You don't have to quit commentating because of some fools calling you biased - it's not about who dislikes you, it's about who likes you. There will always be people that just want to bust your nuts cause they're jelly - just ignore them (or hurt them if you find them :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDxDDDDD)

#79 Niezeremake

Niezeremake
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Al'Akir
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/1/2/.

Posted 14 July 2013 - 05:11 AM

The commentary has been great so far, i don't think it matters that much if Conradical doesn't know that much about the PvP aspect of the game as he used to. He is still a fun guy to listen to between the ques and during the games i think it's a nice mix between him and Azael who is a bit more serious but also has a sense of humour. Don't really see the problem in Conradical criticising Samx team considering the amount of silly excuses they had for rematches and constantly whining about forfeiting, they weren't really respecting the tournament.
Would also like to say that Rylez has been doing a good job even though he has no commentating experience, he is improving everytime he commentates now.

Regarding the organizers of the tournament they have been doing good so far, this is the second tournament they are running with a different system and some different rules aswell so give them a break. It's also hard to deal with certain teams when they consist of players that just makes it hard for them to run it properly. Myself as an competitor of the tournament haven't encountered any issues when we played, hopefully it continues to run smoothly still.

Edited by Niezeremake, 14 July 2013 - 05:29 AM.

[Shear]: tell Nieze to never speak shit when im legit

#80 Crawthz

Crawthz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 576
  • LocationFinland

Posted 14 July 2013 - 08:43 AM

View PostNiezeremake, on 14 July 2013 - 05:11 AM, said:

Would also like to say that Rylez has been doing a good job even though he has no commentating experience, he is improving everytime he commentates now.

I would actually say I am waiting for Rylez to commentate more. Okay, the occasional "12-year voice" peaks out and it's rather funny, but I find it very good thing that he has some knowledge of the Russian teams aswell. I have to say I've never heard of them before, outside of Gothiques and Saintline and knowing the Russian teams brings knowledge into the matches. Having US and EU commentators can help abit on the "biased" commentating and I hope it's not going to be all about "how amazing US teams uses their globals".

Oh and to say about the last line, I laughed abit when Azael said that Sodah would never die to a random solomage because he is too good. About 5sec later, he was forced to doubleskin and last-stand (iirc) by that same solo random mage. Just found it quite amusing =)

Edited by Crawthz, 14 July 2013 - 08:44 AM.

www.twitch.tv/crawthz - Gladiator Frostmage stream, please follow!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<