• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Holy 1/2/2/2/2/0
  • RBG: 2662

Posted 13 July 2013 - 02:26 PM

View PostRatalol, on 13 July 2013 - 01:44 PM, said:

Don't see why they can't be notified in-game. (Which apparently didn't happen)

Well no other team seemed to have any issue with it being on skype so I don't see how it should be an problem for them

#42 Caleski

Caleski
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Discipline 1/0/1/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 1952
  • 3v3: 2303
  • 5v5: 2232
  • RBG: 1980

Posted 13 July 2013 - 02:31 PM

I have to agree with what was said by Conrad at the time. There is no way they can replay the first game then not replay the third. I like Hydra alot, but his team came across as bad losers.

And Conrad, keep going what your doing. Its making me laugh at least.

#43 moojerk

moojerk
  • Premium Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/0/0
  • RBG: 2076

Posted 13 July 2013 - 02:49 PM

I like conrad and really enjoy his commentary with azael.  Commentators often express opinion in every sport and "e-sport" there is, especially when there is poor sportsmanship.  But you guys want to act like Conrad is the first one.  I want commentators who will call it like they see it, and not sugar coat it and pretend everything is flowers and rainbows.  The only people who seem to have a problem with it are hydra fans, which is expected because that's the nature of how fans are.  But if you look at this objectively, you know I'm correct.

And ultimately hydra is just reaping what he sows.  Hydra was being a dick to the admins, and being a dick to everyone basically.  I even read in party chat where when an admin told him he couldn't FW early, his response was "is that a rule or some shit".  It's like...  come into the tourney and don't read the rules, then give an admin crap when they tell you to stop breaking the rules?  Hydra openly displays his loathing and hatred for pretty much every US player.  I'm a strong believer of "you make your own bed, now you lay in it".  Between hydra's attitude, and the fact they forfeited instead of re-playing the game, that's on them.  And when samx got his do-over, even though they had already played another game, the other team didn't threaten to forfeit in retort.

All of this aside, the drama came to a boiling point when the admins didn't follow their own rules on the DC/lag at first.  And that's the only thing I find fault in the admins for in the tourney thus far.

#44 NickyEU

NickyEU
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Kazzak
  • Misery
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/0/2/1/0
  • RBG: 576

Posted 13 July 2013 - 02:54 PM

3/10
// Frozire // Nicky \\ Aphix \\

#45 Farkette

Farkette
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/2/0/1/1
  • 2v2: 1601
  • 3v3: 1990

Posted 13 July 2013 - 03:01 PM

View Postmoojerk, on 13 July 2013 - 02:49 PM, said:

Commentators often express opinion in every sport and "e-sport" there is, especially when there is poor sportsmanship.  But you guys want to act like Conrad is the first one.  I want commentators who will call it like they see it, and not sugar coat it and pretend everything is flowers and rainbows.

This!  I get so frustrated watching the NFL and listening to commentators blowing smoke up everyone's butt, to remain Politically Correct and to "appear" neutral, but true impartiality demands that we point out a lack of sportsmanship, lack of consistency, failures to obey the rules, or to live up to their responsibility to Admin fairly.

I don't know much about Hydra, or Samx, beyond my tremendous respect for their SKILL and TALENT in playing this game.  But I appreciate Conrad's willingness to speak his mind.  IMO  that is the point of having commentators... to give their Opinion and to state their Observations!
Posted Image

#46 Djandawg

Djandawg
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Genjuros
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 13 July 2013 - 03:31 PM

Without taking anything from people who put a lot of effort into this, I'd like to say that, most games were not really great, that combined with huge delays between games, I had to stop watching. I thought there were bunch of series that didn't belong to the tournament level. They should be more selective with invites and have made sure that they had teams with 5 high level players with some who can multiclass.
There are probably 4-5 teams that can produce decent comps no matter what gets banned, rest is just painful to watch.

Edited by Djandawg, 13 July 2013 - 03:33 PM.

#47 FuguFish

FuguFish
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Nordrassil
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1870

Posted 13 July 2013 - 04:52 PM

View Postmoojerk, on 13 July 2013 - 02:49 PM, said:

I like conrad and really enjoy his commentary with azael.  Commentators often express opinion in every sport and "e-sport" there is, especially when there is poor sportsmanship.  But you guys want to act like Conrad is the first one.  I want commentators who will call it like they see it, and not sugar coat it and pretend everything is flowers and rainbows.  The only people who seem to have a problem with it are hydra fans, which is expected because that's the nature of how fans are.  But if you look at this objectively, you know I'm correct.

Expressing opinions is mocking players now is it? Whilst I don't feel the commentary was particularly biased, but if conrad and azael were the true professionals that people are claiming then they can/should comment about events whilst rising above the drama. These guys are after all, the leading (only?) commentators for wow arena at the current time. I don't condone hydra's behavior but at the same time you cannot "objectively" argue that the commentary wasn't also incredibly rude.

If you think their performance was professional then I suggest you give up the idea that gaming can become "e-sports".

EDIT: but you know, sick way of bringing people's emotions into the argument with the whole EU/US bullshit when hydra was actually playing with us players against an all-eu team from zyrean.

Edited by FuguFish, 13 July 2013 - 04:54 PM.

#48 amaixliu

amaixliu
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Combat 2/2/1/1/0/2

Posted 13 July 2013 - 04:59 PM

View Posttalaax, on 13 July 2013 - 05:51 AM, said:

i also find fat people annoying..
LMAO i literally lol'd irl

#49 watchmepwn

watchmepwn
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Talnivarr
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 2136
  • 3v3: 2880
  • 5v5: 2354
  • RBG: 768

Posted 13 July 2013 - 05:09 PM

Its like every other online tournament.

Its not an online tournament if people don't get ddossed/connection problems, delays and whining.
To be honest, that pick and ban system is a fun way to give light to the tournament. I'm sorry for Hydra's team for not thinking this system through. They basicly only have an RMP in that team - - bann it and they can never play it. Outplayed even before the game already started.

I hope players learned from this that when they participate at this kind of tournaments -- they need to bring more players or more class to make more setups.

#50 Zong

Zong
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 13 July 2013 - 05:19 PM

I love the banning/picking format. It's excellent. When's the last time we saw such a large spectrum of interesting specs? It's made for a much more interesting tournament
Posted ImagePosted Image

#51 moojerk

moojerk
  • Premium Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/0/0
  • RBG: 2076

Posted 13 July 2013 - 05:59 PM

View PostFuguFish, on 13 July 2013 - 04:52 PM, said:

If you think their performance was professional then I suggest you give up the idea that gaming can become "e-sports".

I have seen commentators in sports like baseball and football do far worse.  Are you saying those are not professional sports?

#52 frigidclam

frigidclam
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Uldum
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 13 July 2013 - 06:12 PM

The only thing that bothers me is why are the players not forced to use their real char names??? Nothing is more annoying then watching games and having no idea who is playing.

#53 Dreamwalkerx

Dreamwalkerx
  • Junkies

Posted 13 July 2013 - 08:09 PM

View Postfrigidclam, on 13 July 2013 - 06:12 PM, said:

The only thing that bothers me is why are the players not forced to use their real char names??? Nothing is more annoying then watching games and having no idea who is playing.
this pretty much, altough i lol'd at tittsseeker :lol:

Edited by Dreamwalkerx, 13 July 2013 - 08:09 PM.

#54 Zaephyr

Zaephyr
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/2/2/0/2
  • RBG: 2416

Posted 13 July 2013 - 08:15 PM

View PostNickyEU, on 13 July 2013 - 02:54 PM, said:

3/10

get off my rock

ps esaelp per em (=
"Please use an appropriate signature; thanks! www.arenajunkies.com/forum-9/announcement-3-forum-rules-2272014

#55 Gothiques

Gothiques
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Страж Смерти
  • Шквал
  • Talents: Protection 1/0/2/2/1/1

Posted 13 July 2013 - 09:15 PM

It was my fault that DC/DDoS rules werent too clear for players and viewers. Sorry and it will not happen again.

#56 Gothiques

Gothiques
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Страж Смерти
  • Шквал
  • Talents: Protection 1/0/2/2/1/1

Posted 13 July 2013 - 09:19 PM

View Postfrigidclam, on 13 July 2013 - 06:12 PM, said:

Spectator-commentator can easily change nicknames in Spectator UI to real ones.
But yes, teams have to use their nicknames as it is said in rules given to all captains.
However we cant punish for everything all the time, then we had to do more than 10 tech. loses already, i have a hope in mankind, that not every single player is retarded kid.

The problem with WoW online tournaments compared to other games or LAN tournaments is that you cant press pause in game when shit happens, someone can get DC or DDoSed and players are too agressive, especially kids (in LAN they would simply have their face smashed). All this shit makes WoW online tournaments much harder to organize and predict what shit can go out the team you invited to tournament. Probably some teams just shoulnt be invited and thats what I will change in League of Arenas season 2.

Edited by Gothiques, 13 July 2013 - 09:26 PM.

#57 Renaissance_Man

Renaissance_Man
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Dragonmaw
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/2/0
  • RBG: 2211
  • LocationUS

Posted 13 July 2013 - 09:38 PM

View Postmoojerk, on 13 July 2013 - 05:59 PM, said:

I have seen commentators in sports like baseball and football do far worse.  Are you saying those are not professional sports?

Yes, so long as someone acts even more horrendously makes what happened from
Conrad 100% fine.

#58 FuguFish

FuguFish
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Nordrassil
  • Raserei / Frenzy

Posted 13 July 2013 - 11:30 PM

View Postmoojerk, on 13 July 2013 - 05:59 PM, said:

I'm not from the US so can you link me an example? If a commentator behaves as poorly as you claim I'd be shocked if there were no repercussions.

Also I should add that if you want to go further on the sports analogy, players are often "allowed" to be poorly mannered. They can be subject to lengthy bans from competing in the sport. Commentators' behaviors however, are much more harshly regulated as they are not subject to the stress and pressure that the players undergo during competition. Commentators are also the face of the sport, which is why they must refrain from openly damning others (especially if this can be associated with the producers due to liability and potential lawsuits).

Edited by FuguFish, 13 July 2013 - 11:44 PM.

#59 Dreamwalkerx

Dreamwalkerx
  • Junkies

Posted 13 July 2013 - 11:43 PM

View PostGothiques, on 13 July 2013 - 09:19 PM, said:

Probably some teams just shoulnt be invited and thats what I will change in League of Arenas season 2.
so this is going to be a regular thing? Like once a year?
Nice.

#60 FuguFish

FuguFish
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Nordrassil
  • Raserei / Frenzy

Posted 13 July 2013 - 11:45 PM

double post :(

Edited by FuguFish, 13 July 2013 - 11:46 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<