• Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Holy
  • RBG: 384

Posted 12 July 2013 - 09:57 PM

Hello,

First of all I want to say that I am not hating on the tourney as I appreciate what the Bleached Bones Guild is doing for the WoW community. There hasn't been a lot of WoW tourneys recently and it is great that they organized one with money from their own pockets.

The organization of the tourney is however poor. The organizers have to be more consistent. Hydra used fear ward before he was supossed too in many games and Zyrean too in the last couple of games yet they were never punished for doing so. Additionaly as a viewer, it is a turn off when we have absolutely no clue what is happening. First they say that Samx's team won the series then they say it is a rematch. That was very confusing and viewers waited for more than 30 minutes for nothing as no further games were played.

Another thing that disturbs me is the commentating. The commentating during the games is great, love Azael/Conrad duo. The bias/hate that Conrad has for Samx is however unenjoyable. Conrad calling Samx's team babies and critising them multiple times. To add to that even the organizers are unprofessional as one of the organizers called Hydra's team ''pussies''.

Just watched Vod of the game that Zyrean's team got ''dc'ed" and you can clearly see that they were playing.

Edited by Paladinae, 12 July 2013 - 10:08 PM.

#2 Mirionx

Mirionx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Holy 1/2/2/2/2/0
  • RBG: 2662

Posted 12 July 2013 - 09:59 PM

well there wasn't any drama until hydras team so calling it poorly organized isn't really fair

#3 Paladinae

Paladinae
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance

Posted 12 July 2013 - 10:01 PM

Well if the rules that they set were followed stuff like this shouldn't happen.

#4 WildeHilde

WildeHilde
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Combat 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2215
  • LocationSouthern Germany

Posted 12 July 2013 - 10:16 PM

Still hope Samx & Hydra remain in the tournament. Watching RMP (or Kekepopa on Warrior) is just so much more fun than caster cleave vs. caster cleave.

But in all honesty, organizing such a tournament is huge and there is very little appreciation from the community for doing that. People flame every last bit and discourage other organizers by that. Admins are often times not sure how to decide and when 100 people are whispering there is a good chance to make the wrong call. In situations like these it is best to give the admins time to make the right call and just wait. Personally I have a hard time judging who was right and who was wrong.

Give them a bit of time and actually appreciate what they are doing. It's been very long since the last tournament and some of the matches were absolutely awesome.

Ceterum censeo: I want to see Samx play more than any other player in this tournament. Really hope they continue.

#5 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 12 July 2013 - 10:20 PM

Posted Image

View PostZerstiren, on 14 August 2011 - 01:21 AM, said:

If you haven't +repped this guy, you are part of the problem.

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

#6 kmaclol

kmaclol
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Holy 2/1/0/1/1/1
  • 2v2: 1739
  • 3v3: 1493

Posted 12 July 2013 - 10:26 PM

Regardless of anything, you CANNOT make a decision (To move forward onto next game) Then reverse it  25 minutes later while the viewers listen to terribly biased commentary.

#7 Khra

Khra
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Ragnaros
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Elemental 0/1/2/0/0/2
  • RBG: 959

Posted 12 July 2013 - 10:50 PM

At the end what happened? who won the series?

#8 Paladinae

Paladinae
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance

Posted 12 July 2013 - 10:59 PM

Zyrean's team

#9 Bigmoran

Bigmoran
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 2098
  • 3v3: 2507
  • 5v5: 2598
  • RBG: 2303

Posted 12 July 2013 - 10:59 PM

View PostPaladinae, on 12 July 2013 - 09:57 PM, said:

Another thing that disturbs me is the commentating. The commentating during the games is great, love Azael/Conrad duo. The bias/hate that Conrad has for Samx is however unenjoyable. Conrad calling Samx's team babies and critising them multiple times. To add to that even the organizers are unprofessional as one of the organizers called Hydra's team ''pussies''.

this

the anti-samx backlash that happened sometime in s11 still remains as a paradigm for some players. it's really quite appalling to see the personal grudges of the commentators being vocalized in a professional environment to a mass audience. even though the anti-samx comments are often subtle, anyone who has been paying attention to the commentary can easily identify them.

samx recieves a lot more credit then people give him. he single handedly revolutionized rogue playstyle in s11 and continues to be dominant in arena today

bigmoran | bobrosslol | skill-capped

View Postjaimex, on 06 September 2014 - 09:36 AM, said:

temporal shield combined with ironbark ward is more healing than a shaman ns from 10% hp

#10 moojerk

moojerk
  • Premium Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/0/0
  • RBG: 2076

Posted 13 July 2013 - 01:32 AM

View PostPaladinae, on 12 July 2013 - 09:57 PM, said:

Just watched Vod of the game that Zyrean's team got ''dc'ed" and you can clearly see that they were playing.
You must have watched a different vod.

http://www.twitch.tv...nas/b/429480305   4 hours 39 minutes in.

At 15 seconds into the match the hunter hits feign death.  He doesn't hit another ability until 13 seconds later, at which point he hits a single macro that uses several abilities at once, then masters call, and then nothing else until he dies at 31 seconds into the match.

So yea he was really "playing" wasn't he.  He clearly had a latency or DC problem.  And per the tournament's rules, the match should have been replayed.  But for some inexplicable reason, the admins decided to forego their own rules and go to the next best of 3.  But then later realized their mistake before the next BO3 games started, and decided to replay the last match.  At which point Hydra's team decided to forfeit instead of replay.

Compare that to the samx game where someone said he "afk'd" cuz frames weren't working.  I saw him say wait to the admins at the start but they had already started the countdown.  If his frames weren't working he should have left the arena then and there.  Instead they played a full 1 minute 15 second match until they lost.  If they gave that one a do-over, they should have followed their own rules and given the other team their DC do-over.  I think *that* is what caused all the drama... they didn't follow their own rules on that DC at first.

Outside of this incident, I think the tourney has been very well organized.

#11 Flabbert

Flabbert
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Elemental 0/0/1/2/0/2
  • RBG: 2460

Posted 13 July 2013 - 01:54 AM

I didn't get the trouble eather. If one team is allowed to re-do a game than the other team should be allowed to. Imho that forfeit was uncalled for and abit rude, respect your admins.

And we need more english talking russians on the stream, the accent alone is enough to crack me up.
Posted Image

#12 Paladinae

Paladinae
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance

Posted 13 July 2013 - 01:55 AM

The same thing could be said about the Zyrean's team. If they were lagging why didn't they just leave the arena?

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Fire 0/2/2/2/1/2
  • RBG: 2573

Posted 13 July 2013 - 01:59 AM

Inb4 trade and money share finalists

#14 Minpojke

Minpojke
  • Minpojke
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 2403
  • 3v3: 2652
  • 5v5: 957
  • RBG: 2210

Posted 13 July 2013 - 02:11 AM

Well what you don't understand is that it's their tournament and they do whatever they want, if they want to join skype and call people out for being pussies then they can. You're not forced to watch and if you feel like unappropriate language is being used you can report the twitch channel :)
www.twitch.tv/Minpojke

#15 Woundman

Woundman
  • Moderators
  • Curse Premium

Posted 13 July 2013 - 02:29 AM

Samx is being bashed because of the drama he has caused in the past. AKA being a douche like me.

#16 Enyalius

Enyalius
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/2/1/1/1
  • LocationNORWAY YO

Posted 13 July 2013 - 02:30 AM

The matches were enjoyable, but player-held tournaments always seems fishy in some way, imo that is. The hate towards samx I dont mind at all, it just cracks me up everytime, as sam is one of the most legit rogue players out there!

The rules were ok, but it was sad to see how retarded the management was of set rules. Yes I agree samx should just have left when he had troubles with his frames and zyreans team should also have left.

TL;DR
Management = less than decent   // Games = pretty sweet

Hope to see some improvements for (hopefully) future tournaments.

View PostWoundman, on 13 July 2013 - 02:29 AM, said:

Samx is being bashed because of the drama he has caused in the past. AKA being a douche like me.

Sad but true. >_<

Edited by Enyalius, 13 July 2013 - 02:31 AM.

/^^^^^^\

<(õ_õ)>

./|\.

/\

#17 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 13 July 2013 - 02:36 AM

Buff warriors, screw tournaments

20.4939015319^2

View PostZerstiren, on 14 August 2011 - 01:21 AM, said:

If you haven't +repped this guy, you are part of the problem.

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

#18 Paladinae

Paladinae
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance

Posted 13 July 2013 - 02:53 AM

View PostMinpojke, on 13 July 2013 - 02:11 AM, said:

Well what you don't understand is that it's their tournament and they do whatever they want, if they want to join skype and call people out for being pussies then they can. You're not forced to watch and if you feel like unappropriate language is being used you can report the twitch channel :)

Like I said before I am thankful for what they are doing for the WoW community, but when organizers and commentators insult participants people get offended. If you read the chat when Conrad was imitating his Samx's voice, a lot of people didn't like it and an organizer even told Conrad to stop doing it. Also when Conrad, insulted Hydra's team, a lot of people called him bias and asked for him to stop hating on Hydra and co. If WoW is to become an esport again, which I hope but really doubt, the commentators and organizers need to be neutral.

Edited by Paladinae, 13 July 2013 - 02:57 AM.

#19 moojerk

moojerk
  • Premium Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/0/0
  • RBG: 2076

Posted 13 July 2013 - 02:55 AM

View PostPaladinae, on 13 July 2013 - 01:55 AM, said:

The same thing could be said about the Zyrean's team. If they were lagging why didn't they just leave the arena?
Only the hunter lagged.  And the hunter was dead before they probably even really realized it was happening.  Even then when a teammate DCs, I can't recall a tourney I've watched where they realize their teammate might have DC'd and the teammates immediately leave the arena.

#20 Paladinae

Paladinae
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance

Posted 13 July 2013 - 02:57 AM

I doubt it took him that long to realise that he was lagging, but my main problem is not the result of the series. It is the way Hydra's team were treated and the miscommunication of organizers when they stated that Hydra's team won the series then called for a rematch.

Edited by Paladinae, 13 July 2013 - 03:06 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<