#1 Monarlais

Monarlais
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Demonology 0/1/1/2/1/1

Posted 11 July 2013 - 05:19 PM

Hi all, I've been a casual BGer most of my WoW career. I've recently started 2s just for fun with a Resto Druid partner. At first it was only for points, but now we're  addicted, the problem is we can't  out of the 1500s.

First question, for Demonology is it even possible to obtain high rating with a Resto in 2s?

Second, should I be stacking Mastery or INT for my Meta burst phase? Noxxic says INT but other Warlocks I look at on armory are stacking Mastery, but most of those locks have a dual-spec for Aff so I can't rule out that this Mastery stacking is for the other spec. Can an experienced Demo PvPer clarify this?

Third, I would greatly appreciate any tips to help me out of this 1500 hole. I'll share what I'm currently doing and in the general order:
-Buffs (I am spec'd GoSupremacy)
-Lay down teleport behind pillar & gateway leading to nearby pillar.
-Meta + Doom on each enemy then pop-out to place corruption on each enemy pet.
-Fear and play defensively while building Fury.
-At 500 Fury I have the druid begin his CC of the non-kill target and I fake a Meta burst to have enemy consume defensive cool downs (Depends on comp &  gear).
-After the fake, or if the comp didn't require a fake I use my Burst+Meta macro to kill the target. Mortal coil, Wrath guard stun are used to interrupt.

I though I had a good start but we just keep getting around 50% win rate and stuck in the low 1500s. I know there's a way to better myself I'm just drawing a blank. Thanks!

#2 Polygonzz

Polygonzz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Affliction 0/1/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1467
  • 3v3: 2192
  • 5v5: 576
  • RBG: 1994

Posted 11 July 2013 - 05:27 PM

gem int for demo, mastery for aff

chain your cc instead of using it as interrupts; don't let healer get a global

fear --> axe toss --> death coil --> cyclone x2 --> fear

also damage outside cds doesn't matter, grimoire of service double felguard is better than supremacy in 2s

Edited by Polygonzz, 11 July 2013 - 05:29 PM.

#3 Monarlais

Monarlais
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 11 July 2013 - 06:58 PM

Thanks for the reply!

Now the CC chain you just laid out, do I interpret that as performing the whole chain on the non-kill target? How can I make my pet, and then my service pet, stun the non-kill target while I'm targeting the kill?

I assume there's some sort of macro for this? Or do I just need to tab really fast?

#4 Polygonzz

Polygonzz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin

Posted 11 July 2013 - 07:00 PM

View PostMonarlais, on 11 July 2013 - 06:58 PM, said:

Thanks for the reply!

Now the CC chain you just laid out, do I interpret that as performing the whole chain on the non-kill target? How can I make my pet, and then my service pet, stun the non-kill target while I'm targeting the kill?

I assume there's some sort of macro for this? Or do I just need to tab really fast?
i like to use the grimoire of service stun on the guy im killing. you can also use a macro to focus cs the healer with a felhunter with that talent. don't know the macro offhand can probably find it by googling. 9/10 times i just use 2nd felguard to stun dps im killing

you use fear, manual axe toss and death coil on the healer. if its double dps just use it how you see fit to stop their damage / keep the target from running away while ur bursting.

#5 Monarlais

Monarlais
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 11 July 2013 - 07:10 PM

I'm excited to try out service now, I never used that talent because I didn't think it would ever be viable (before I went Demo) but you're right.  The nature of Demo's strategy works well with it.

The biggest concern now is, how do I survive while building Fury since my Sac shield will now be reduced?

What do YOU do to quickly build fury or apply pressure? You said damage outside of my Burst doesn't matter, so do you even bother applying Dooms at the start?

#6 Polygonzz

Polygonzz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin

Posted 11 July 2013 - 07:45 PM

View PostMonarlais, on 11 July 2013 - 07:10 PM, said:

I'm excited to try out service now, I never used that talent because I didn't think it would ever be viable (before I went Demo) but you're right.  The nature of Demo's strategy works well with it.

The biggest concern now is, how do I survive while building Fury since my Sac shield will now be reduced?

What do YOU do to quickly build fury or apply pressure? You said damage outside of my Burst doesn't matter, so do you even bother applying Dooms at the start?

only on teams with no decurse. i hardly find surviving a problem as demo in 2s... not sure what you're doing wrong. with full hots and port / gateway spam and rejuving yourself its reaaallllyyyy hard to die

to build fury you just hand of gul'dan, put corruption up and spam fel flame... nothing to it, there's no secret to getting it faster

if you need fast pressure at the start of a game vs. double dps just pop your wild imp swarm. they do a fuck ton of dmg. u can also pop grim of service felguard before you pop meta and dark soul for the stun peel.

Edited by Polygonzz, 11 July 2013 - 07:46 PM.

#7 Monarlais

Monarlais
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 12 July 2013 - 08:09 PM

Hey man, well I feel I played a little better last night though I'm still in the 1500's.

My biggest hurdle is the CC chain during my HAM phase. That is just an issue with me and the tunnel vision I get while bursting. Do you use an add on that shows you DR's and the current CC duration on a focus target? I feel if I had an easier way, visually, to see this then I could CC chain with the proper timing.

Also, GoServ has been working great. Should I be using a felhunter primary pet on Rest Shamans? Or stick w/ Felguard?

#8 Wallirik

Wallirik
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Affliction 1/2/0/1/0/0/.
  • 2v2: 2643
  • 3v3: 3261
  • 5v5: 2737
  • RBG: 2654

Posted 12 July 2013 - 10:54 PM

don't play demo in 2s unless you want to give everyone cancer.............
same goes for affli with a healer...

#9 fant0m8

fant0m8
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 13 July 2013 - 12:22 AM

View PostMonarlais, on 12 July 2013 - 08:09 PM, said:

Hey man, well I feel I played a little better last night though I'm still in the 1500's.

My biggest hurdle is the CC chain during my HAM phase. That is just an issue with me and the tunnel vision I get while bursting. Do you use an add on that shows you DR's and the current CC duration on a focus target? I feel if I had an easier way, visually, to see this then I could CC chain with the proper timing.

Also, GoServ has been working great. Should I be using a felhunter primary pet on Rest Shamans? Or stick w/ Felguard?

Is something wrong with Gladius?
Bye again! This game isn't fun when you don't know anyone else that still plays.

#10 Polygonzz

Polygonzz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin

Posted 13 July 2013 - 12:57 AM

View PostMonarlais, on 12 July 2013 - 08:09 PM, said:

i just have standard arena frames and the healer on focus. depending on positioning i start the chain with fear or axe toss and just watch the duration... u can glance at it just use peripheral vision. not sure why u need to concentrate when u pop cds all u do is press touch of chaos...

#11 Monarlais

Monarlais
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 25 July 2013 - 04:05 PM

Just want to drop back in and say thanks for the advice Poly. My healer is my son and this is our first arena season, but using your tips we've slowly crept out of the mid 1500's and last night obtained a 1769.

I know that's not an outstanding record, but we were at a huge wall in the 1500's until I came to AJ forums. Anyways thanks for taking the time to give out useful info.

#12 Hackattack3

Hackattack3
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1609
  • 3v3: 1792
  • RBG: 2050

Posted 25 July 2013 - 05:39 PM

Other things that might help you glacing at your armory.  I would really look for or try to get a +int proc trinket.  It pops on the opener, lasts for 30 sec, and its outstanding pressure.  If you are having trouble landing kills an +int proc trinket, reforging some of your haste to mastery, and getting your druid to spec into HotW would be a huge help.

Depends how you are losing, to 2xdps or specific dps/healer comps.

#13 Monarlais

Monarlais
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:09 PM

That's a sound suggestion, I am using the +haste proc because it's what I have. I'll make time for some LFR this week to replace the haste trinket. Or maybe settle on spending the gold on a Relic.

As far as losing, I'd say it's mostly to 2xDPS comps, but right now they usually result from mistakes we made and in hindsight could have avoided.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Demonology, 2v2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<