• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 Voidbringer

Voidbringer
  • Members

Posted 30 July 2013 - 12:03 PM

View PostForumz, on 30 July 2013 - 11:22 AM, said:

BoG is useless anyway.

It is (outside of RBGs  and in comparison to FoJ anyway), but if that glyph applying slow with your judgments still exists on PTR and will make it live - it wouldn't be that bad I think.
"There is nothing so uncommon as common sense"

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Burning Legion
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Retribution 0/0/0/1/1/2
  • LocationPoland

Posted 30 July 2013 - 12:50 PM

BoG has some advantages - like playing 2v2 with  a healer, where constant slow when training is better than more often stuns.

#23 originalret

originalret
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Barthilas
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/0
  • RBG: 1851
  • LocationAus

Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:10 AM

the glyph looks more useful for holy than it does for ret, even 2 seconds spammed often enough with the combination of speed of light and HoF will keep melee's off you permanently

#24 Voidbringer

Voidbringer
  • Members

Posted 01 August 2013 - 05:33 PM

View Postoriginalret, on 31 July 2013 - 12:10 AM, said:

the glyph looks more useful for holy than it does for ret, even 2 seconds spammed often enough with the combination of speed of light and HoF will keep melee's off you permanently

To be honest I'm not sure if it's more useful for Holy. 2 seconds of slow combined with GCD after Judgement may or may not be enough to get off a hard cast, but 2 seconds of slow for a melee DPS combined with long arm of the law sounds really good to me. Especially that it's only a glyph and not a talent. If your comp has slow then it's a non-issue, but if you lack it - it seems like a viable option and for me only templar's verdict is a glyph I'd never want to drop for Retri.

#25 originalret

originalret
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Barthilas
  • Bloodlust
  • LocationAus

Posted 03 August 2013 - 03:26 AM

View PostVoidbringer, on 01 August 2013 - 05:33 PM, said:

To be honest I'm not sure if it's more useful for Holy. 2 seconds of slow combined with GCD after Judgement may or may not be enough to get off a hard cast, but 2 seconds of slow for a melee DPS combined with long arm of the law sounds really good to me. Especially that it's only a glyph and not a talent. If your comp has slow then it's a non-issue, but if you lack it - it seems like a viable option and for me only templar's verdict is a glyph I'd never want to drop for Retri.

true, but given the glyphs we already have and the ones that are being added in 5.4 i doubt we will chose this glyph over something like glyph of bubble, or glyph of immediate truth if the extra 10% is worth it

#26 Voidbringer

Voidbringer
  • Members

Posted 06 August 2013 - 12:24 PM

View Postoriginalret, on 03 August 2013 - 03:26 AM, said:

true, but given the glyphs we already have and the ones that are being added in 5.4 i doubt we will chose this glyph over something like glyph of bubble, or glyph of immediate truth if the extra 10% is worth it

Right now it's more of a speculation and I for one will admit I haven't done any extensive tests. However, logically thinking, I'd say that a combination of glyph of Templar's verdict, bubble and burden of guilt sounds really good and 10% buff for a glyph that almost nobody uses doesn't seem a lot in comparison to a passively applied slow every couple of seconds (the uptime will be definitely higher than 33% taking into account haste levels). Regardless, the fact that we even have more options to discuss and to choose from can only be a good thing;).

#27 originalret

originalret
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Barthilas
  • Bloodlust
  • LocationAus

Posted 07 August 2013 - 02:19 AM

the glyph of bubble seems like its going to become the vital trade-off in place of glyph of turn evil (although it wasnt always a necessity depending on enemy arena comp) however i am still very partial to double jeopary and blessed life (especially blessed life, given that this entire expansion seems to revolve around who can keep who controlled the longest) so i would be reluctant to trade those out for burden.

long arm is enough of a closure and SoJ will keep the enemy slowed enough. i would only consider trading this out when versing a mage or hunter to keep them slowed as much as i am while at range

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<