Payback
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Unholy 0/1/2/2/0/2
  • RBG: 1904

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:20 AM

Sup everyone. Just wondering what you guys think about enchanting and tailoring as a profession for a pvp ret. ATM i'm an enchanter and a miner but am thinking of dropping mining for tailoring. Is this a good choice. I really like the 4k attack power proc for the cloak.
My list of TOP WoW PVPERs atm
1. Swifty
2. xaryu
3. Clinda
4. Mitchjones

5. Reckful

#2 originalret

originalret
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Barthilas
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/0
  • RBG: 1851
  • LocationAus

Posted 12 July 2013 - 12:42 AM

Hi Convict, this has been covered in the comments section of vangaurds ret guide, but ill post it here for you as well.
the best trinket + profession combination for human ret is Blacksmith + Engineer + Fabled Feathers of Ji-Kun + Relic of xuen.

The reason trinkets are imporant here is because engineer's synapse springs put on-use trinkets on cooldown.
PVP power is so lack-luster since the last patch that the pvp trinkets are pretty useless right now.

Blacksmithing provides 320str or 640 haste depending on your preference of build (2 extra sockets). while leatherworking provides 330str, the sockets give you more flexibility with stat weights (ie as value of haste vs str changes as our gear improves) so i wouldnt recommend leatherworking.

Relic of Xuen is a passive strength + chance on hit strength. most top end pvp rets run this as their non-insignia trinkets, even though its ilvl is below 496.
Fabled Feathers work very differently in pvp. The trinket normally gives you about 12k strength building over 20 seconds then ends. In PVP, the Trinket will give about 4.6k strength building over 20 seconds, then sit on 4.6k strength for another 20 seconds after that.

combine all this together with a dancing steel proc, and you'll hit like a baby-powdered pimp palm

#3 originalret

originalret
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Barthilas
  • Bloodlust
  • LocationAus

Posted 12 July 2013 - 02:54 AM

UPDATE:
see this forum post.
http://www.arenajunk...87-pve-trinket/

#4 Gringoloco

Gringoloco
  • Members

Posted 12 July 2013 - 12:17 PM

View Postoriginalret, on 12 July 2013 - 12:42 AM, said:

Blacksmithing provides 320str or 640 haste depending on your preference of build (2 extra sockets).

Sooooo is it not beneficial at all to use the 2 extra BS sockets for resilience? Are rets just foregoing any resil at all? I was going to use my BS slots for resii + chest enchant, then not worry about it after that. If I play comps where I'm generally always the focus target wouldn't it be beneficial? I thought Vanguards mentioned using BS for the resil as well.

#5 originalret

originalret
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Barthilas
  • Bloodlust
  • LocationAus

Posted 15 July 2013 - 01:31 AM

for arena, ret pally tries to kill before being killed. best way to do that is stack your ass in offensive stats.
since the function of buying conq gear for honor was implemented most people run with 2 sets of gear and change depending on play style or opposition. keep a heavy dps set and a heavy resil set.

#6 Gringoloco

Gringoloco
  • Members

Posted 15 July 2013 - 01:14 PM

View Postoriginalret, on 15 July 2013 - 01:31 AM, said:

for arena, ret pally tries to kill before being killed. best way to do that is stack your ass in offensive stats.
since the function of buying conq gear for honor was implemented most people run with 2 sets of gear and change depending on play style or opposition. keep a heavy dps set and a heavy resil set.

I wasn't aware that you could buy conquest gear with honor points, I thought you needed conquest points to buy the tyrannical gear... am I missing something? Though I just returned to the game about 4 weeks ago....

#7 originalret

originalret
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Barthilas
  • Bloodlust
  • LocationAus

Posted 16 July 2013 - 03:00 AM

View PostGringoloco, on 15 July 2013 - 01:14 PM, said:

I wasn't aware that you could buy conquest gear with honor points, I thought you needed conquest points to buy the tyrannical gear... am I missing something? Though I just returned to the game about 4 weeks ago....

There are 4 vendors in the pvp towers on the wall. 2 you can speak to immediately. they provide the following:
- Malevolent gear for honor
- Tyrannical gear for conquest

After earning 25,000 conquest in one season, you will be awared the achievement Tyrannical Conquest and be able to speak to all 4 vendors which will provide the follwoing:
- Malevolent gear for honor
- Tyrannical gear for conquest
- Tyrannical gear for honor
- Tyrannical Elite gear for conquest, tyrannical meta gems

note: elite gear has no stat improvement at all, it is purely cosmetic. tyrannical meta gems have pvp power + pvp resil, which will be useful for select classes and resil builds.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<