• Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/0/0/1
  • 3v3: 2182
  • RBG: 192

Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:39 PM

Has anyone had any success with Zen Sphere? I was thinking of possibly trying it out since I haven't ever used it. I saw a MW monk the other day that was spec'ed into it. I keep trying to think of times where it would be better then chi-wave but I can't think of any.

Looking for people that have used it and what has been the results?

#2 Enimos

Enimos
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Elemental 0/1/2/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 2497
  • 3v3: 2907
  • 5v5: 2508
  • RBG: 1907

Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:52 PM

Zen sphere is only usable in wizardcleave mirrors imo. If you wanna pve for 25minutes it does make the healing a bit easier, though I personally still go Chi Wave against everything because its just too good to have when you push in for a kill

#3 Qtinha

Qtinha
  • Members

Posted 24 July 2013 - 03:47 PM

I can't speak on behalf of the mistweavers, but for windwalker the problem is that it destroys CC. I doubt this is different for MW.

#4 Ruinz

Ruinz
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/2/2/1
  • 2v2: 1820
  • 5v5: 2136
  • RBG: 2557
  • LocationSweden

Posted 24 July 2013 - 07:31 PM

Zen Sphere now deals 15% more healing and damage.

Mistweavers are now gonna be the godhealers of 5.4!??!?

xD.

#5 Shridevi

Shridevi
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/2/0/1
  • 2v2: 1847
  • 3v3: 2218
  • 5v5: 1611
  • RBG: 2028

Posted 24 July 2013 - 07:57 PM

Great news, I'll use it in rbgs + 3s depending on comp.  IMO that talent was the best and Chi Wave will always be a brainless heal, which doesn't even jump sometimes.  I'd lose 1% healing just to anticipate damage like a healer is supposed to, plan for purges, instead of spamming some RNG auto-heal.

#6 Hoffer

Hoffer
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Arthas
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Windwalker 2/0/1/2/0/1

Posted 24 July 2013 - 08:39 PM

They really need to increase the "burst" healing of the explosion when the target falls below 35%, because right now it's pretty negligible.  Has Blizzard addressed whether Zen Sphere is supposed to keep the monk in combat?  It makes drinking impossible while you have a sphere on someone, but it does work pretty well in preventing a rogue from blind -> sapping you.

#7 Tsukuko

Tsukuko
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Archimonde
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/2/0

Posted 28 July 2013 - 05:14 PM

Both talents should not destroy CCs, it's a bit dumb actually. Quite annoying when it happens, especially when it breaks a peel CCs and you're trying to save your mates :/

#8 Shridevi

Shridevi
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/2/0/1
  • 2v2: 1847
  • 3v3: 2218
  • 5v5: 1611
  • RBG: 2028

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:37 PM

Another interesting thing is that Zen Sphere benefits from mastery point-for-point almost as much as int, and 2x as much as crit.  Which means if you run a mastery build with Zen Sphere it will drop a decent amount of orbs.  Which means if you play the build correctly you should have 2 Zen Spheres up during CC:  healing, dropping orbs, and detonating at low HP.  I've really wanted to try this but the all-mastery nerf to single-target healing is too much for the current FOTMs/burst.  Even without stacking mastery that's the reason I want to try it with LSD2, it will still drop some orbs and provide the other benefits without breaking CC.

A somewhat related thing we need to consider is the legendary cloak http://ptr.wowhead.c...102247#comments.  Currently 10/60 seconds it will transfer overheal to a low HP party member, maybe 10/80 secs if it's RPPM and we have low haste.  If you notice we get 45% overheal in rbgs (MW have highest overheal), a little less in arena, this is huge -- and stacking hots will have huge benefits.  Like ToT healing trinkets, it should (and is meant to) proc on players, dps cloak (similar to ToT trinkets) will not.  What will make or break it depends on how it is scaled down, whether/how it affects the proc by removing 78 ilvl, and whether Blizzard nerfs it in arena.

If this actually works out then hitting 6141 haste will be very advantageous -- more cloak uptime, extra ReM tick (1 without 5% haste and 2 with), 1 extra Env tick (5% haste), with these transferring some overheal.  It won't do anything for Zen Sphere though.

Edited by Shridevi, 29 July 2013 - 08:38 PM.

#9 GrieverZ

GrieverZ
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Marksmanship 2/0/1/2/1/1
  • RBG: 1910

Posted 30 July 2013 - 04:28 PM

I like it as a sort of dispel protection in RBGs (or at least a way to produce some healing when EM gets dispelled), but for 3s i can't see it being worth it. The "explosion" part could definitively use a buff.

#10 Primius

Primius
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/0/0/1
  • 3v3: 2182

Posted 30 July 2013 - 09:12 PM

View PostShridevi, on 29 July 2013 - 08:37 PM, said:

Another interesting thing is that Zen Sphere benefits from mastery point-for-point almost as much as int, and 2x as much as crit.  Which means if you run a mastery build with Zen Sphere it will drop a decent amount of orbs.  Which means if you play the build correctly you should have 2 Zen Spheres up during CC:  healing, dropping orbs, and detonating at low HP.  I've really wanted to try this but the all-mastery nerf to single-target healing is too much for the current FOTMs/burst.  Even without stacking mastery that's the reason I want to try it with LSD2, it will still drop some orbs and provide the other benefits without breaking CC.

A somewhat related thing we need to consider is the legendary cloak http://ptr.wowhead.c...102247#comments.  Currently 10/60 seconds it will transfer overheal to a low HP party member, maybe 10/80 secs if it's RPPM and we have low haste.  If you notice we get 45% overheal in rbgs (MW have highest overheal), a little less in arena, this is huge -- and stacking hots will have huge benefits.  Like ToT healing trinkets, it should (and is meant to) proc on players, dps cloak (similar to ToT trinkets) will not.  What will make or break it depends on how it is scaled down, whether/how it affects the proc by removing 78 ilvl, and whether Blizzard nerfs it in arena.

If this actually works out then hitting 6141 haste will be very advantageous -- more cloak uptime, extra ReM tick (1 without 5% haste and 2 with), 1 extra Env tick (5% haste), with these transferring some overheal.  It won't do anything for Zen Sphere though.

I am actually trying a new 3v3 comp out and I have been playing around with Zen Sphere, and it definitely aids in getting more mastery orbs down.

When using recount and comparing my Chi-Wave numbers vs. Zen Sphere it's close if you add in the additional Gift of The Serpent orb healing. You gain a more healing on teammates while CCed from the HoT and the extra orbs, but lose out on the burst from Chi-Wave (which lately seems unreliable, and doesn't always bounce for some reason).  

Mastery definitely helps even though I am not running a mastery build. I am playing with a Ret paladin in 3s, and the 3500 extra mastery is noticeable.

#11 Ruinz

Ruinz
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/2/2/1
  • 2v2: 1820
  • 5v5: 2136
  • RBG: 2557
  • LocationSweden

Posted 03 August 2013 - 01:35 PM

Revival healing has been reduced by 30%.

Guess we are just way to OP ))))

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<