• Curse Sites
Help

target location relative to my position (something like minimap target or some gps tracking)

hud target minimap position orientatin gps

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 nobodyreally

nobodyreally
  • Members

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:34 AM

Hey i am starting to play again and i am looking for an combat target addon i want to use on cata 4.3.4 AT realm. What i want from addon like this is to track my target and shows me where it is relative to my position. Something like an minimap target/focus mark but i want it as a hud. Simple rotaring arrow would be good too (something like that quest tracking arrows). Just anything that will show me where my target is standing relative to me. Even a something that would add an arrow or something to indicate a target ring direction.
I have to play on an old computer with terrible and most of all small lcd i have really troubble seeing where my target is standing (everything is so tiny that its almost impossible to see when some spell effects occur) even a tauren is like a 0,5 or 1cm tall when i have max zoomed in to see some surroundings. I want to play zoomed out to see whats around me but that would result in target like 1mm tall and thats just a dot on a screen which is not possible for me to determine if i am standing behind an enemy or in front or side which results in a huge time loss when i want to stab someone.

If someone knows such addon or can write a simple one i would be really grateful. Thanks for any help.

ps: Sexy map has something simillar to this as a tracking hud but its not configurable and i would prefer to have a standard blizzard minimap.

#2 Forumz

Forumz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Shadow 2/1/1/1/./.
  • 2v2: 2728
  • 3v3: 2279
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 768

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:51 AM

Why don't you just use raid marks? They would do exactly what you're asking for here, so the only thing you'd get from making an addon for it is something more visually appealing perhaps.
Posted Image

#3 nobodyreally

nobodyreally
  • Members

Posted 09 July 2013 - 12:07 PM

Thanks for the reply, i dont have a problem to stay in range or guess where the enemy is standing even if its almost impossible to see since i know aproximate area and i know where he is not. I have a problem to see where is the back/front of the enemy since its so tiny. Besides i think that it would annoy other people around if i would be macro switching marks and they take like 1/25 of my screen space.

I am still searching for something like this. Some minimap hud like the sexy map got would be inough but i need to be able to disable some parts of it and i dont like the fact that if i enable that sexymap hud i dont have a regular minimap.

#4 Laas

Laas
  • Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Ravenholdt
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Demonology 0/1/2/2/1/2

Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:04 PM

Vuhdo has an arrow that shows what direction a player is relative to you, and whether or not they're within a range you can specify. I don't know if it still does this or if it works in arenas, but when I used to heal in PVE that was a handy thing.

#5 nobodyreally

nobodyreally
  • Members

Posted 12 July 2013 - 12:42 PM

Thank you for a suggestion. Havent got a time to test it sooner but i just did and it looks like it only shows friendly players which does not help me at all. Anyway thanks again.

#6 Forumz

Forumz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Shadow 2/1/1/1/./.
  • 2v2: 2728
  • 3v3: 2279
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 768

Posted 13 July 2013 - 02:39 PM

Enemy players are shown by nameplates. Again, no need for an addon unless you want something more visually appealing.
Posted Image

#7 nobodyreally

nobodyreally
  • Members

Posted 13 July 2013 - 06:43 PM

Nameplates cannot tell me his orientation and since its like a dot on that small monitor its very hard to see if i am facing his back. Sometimes even impossible.

#8 nobodyreally

nobodyreally
  • Members

Posted 21 July 2013 - 11:18 AM

just bump

#9 realgar

realgar
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Shadow 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 1572

Posted 23 July 2013 - 02:17 PM

Not much help, but DBM has something like this that shows up in some boss encounters -- for example in the mop brewery dungeon on the last boss to help people avoid hitting each other with Bloat.  You can probably find the code for that somewhere, but would require a lot of reworking to make it into an arena addon.

#10 nobodyreally

nobodyreally
  • Members

Posted 25 July 2013 - 12:43 PM

Thanks for reply but i would not be able to do it. My wow "programming" experience begins and ends with macros. :(

#11 nobodyreally

nobodyreally
  • Members

Posted 12 August 2013 - 08:03 PM

still searching

#12 nobodyreally

nobodyreally
  • Members

Posted 25 August 2013 - 05:52 PM

last bump

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hud, target, minimap, position, orientatin, gps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<