• Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Kirin Tor
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Elemental 0/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1937
  • 3v3: 2319

Posted 06 July 2013 - 12:33 PM

Saw this coming, it's too good in pve and pvp, it's worthless to take the other two talents for any spec.

overall good change ^__^

#3 Korzul

Korzul
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Doomhammer
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/1/0
  • 2v2: 2315
  • 3v3: 2744
  • 5v5: 480
  • RBG: 1151

Posted 06 July 2013 - 01:44 PM

1st they buffed tide by taking it off purification and increasing it's output to purification levels, now they give it baseline for everything.

Neither ele or enhance can really afford to take the glyph of totemic vigor without losing something pretty vital, yet without said glyph it's going to get killed pretty much instantly.
What it does do is buff enhance offhealing in a raid setting to really silly levels. Ancestral guidance used under cooldowns can give 5mil+ healing over those 10 seconds given the correct gear. Adding tide ontop of it and the occasional healing rain and you're looking at a dps that can sustain 200k+ dps whilst pumping out well over 60k hps. The problem here being that enhance will end up getting nerfed because of it.

I'm also expecting blizz to attempt to use that free talent spot to give Rshamans more viability in 10 mans. They're rather weak there atm and the riptide+chain heal glyph changes aren't going to cut it. No point speculating if it'll help pvp at all until we see what they come up with. Shaman healing viability in PvE though is essentially decided by how well/often you can use healing rain on 5+ targets.

For PvP, i'm hoping they look at some sort of dispel protection for earthshield and give us at least an option under stuns/silences. I'd love to use totems under silences (not lockouts) again but i never think they should've changed that in the 1st place. We don't need more output, we're in quite a nice spot on arena pass (again the lack of profs/pve trinket stacking making everyones initial cooldowns absurd helps r shamans immensely) and if i could pre earthshield myself knowing it wasn't going to vanish to the 1st spellsteal/tranq/dispel as well as healing stream or ground the garrote/blanket etc then i'd be a happy bunny.

Edited by Korzul, 06 July 2013 - 08:26 PM.

#4 Sitlol

Sitlol
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Gnomeregan
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Elemental 0/1/2/1/0/2

Posted 06 July 2013 - 03:27 PM

Yeah what were they thinking with the silence change for totems haha, I miss that :( OT: Im really glad for this change I wonder what they will be sticking in there to replace it, I'm stokeddd nontheless

#5 Nekracy

Nekracy
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Holy 2/0/1/1/1/1
  • LocationEngland

Posted 06 July 2013 - 03:49 PM

View PostSitlol, on 06 July 2013 - 03:27 PM, said:

Yeah what were they thinking with the silence change for totems haha, I miss that :( OT: Im really glad for this change I wonder what they will be sticking in there to replace it, I'm stokeddd nontheless

Maybe they were thinking..."oh I got outplayed at every turn, wasted my trinket and didn't bother to juke interrupts, jk SLT"

#6 Udderly

Udderly
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1918

Posted 06 July 2013 - 06:30 PM

View PostNekracy, on 06 July 2013 - 03:49 PM, said:

Maybe they were thinking..."oh I got outplayed at every turn, wasted my trinket and didn't bother to juke interrupts, jk SLT"

You mean like how druids can blink/ironbark/shift/barkskin and the priest can pain sup and the paladin can bubble and the monk can para/torpedo/bubble/etc?  

Still hate this argument that a blanket silence should crush only one healing class (not lockouts).  I don't play resto anymore, haven't since cata, so it's not a bias thing.

OT: It just might mean we need to play totem toss spec more often, giving up 34 sec tremor for a really powerful tide that we can toss behind a pillar.  Not ideal, but against many teams it's a good option (and I miss it for cap totem when I'm forced to pickup restoration because of all the priests/locks)

#7 Nekracy

Nekracy
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Holy 2/0/1/1/1/1
  • LocationEngland

Posted 06 July 2013 - 06:49 PM

Well I wasn't suggesting Shamans shouldn't have something they can use whilst stunned/silenced, but ALL totems is too far.

#8 Lemmi1

Lemmi1
  • Members

Posted 06 July 2013 - 08:03 PM

From a pvp point of view, it may be good for resto, but i think its too much for the rest of the specs, an extra healing cd? mmm.. not a good idea. I do get how it is hard to compete against that talent and the idea of giving options in that row.

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Fire 0/2/2/2/1/2
  • RBG: 2573

Posted 06 July 2013 - 08:10 PM

View Postpyrellael_3428244, on 06 July 2013 - 12:33 PM, said:

Saw this coming, it's too good in pve and pvp, it's worthless to take the other two talents for any spec.

overall good change ^__^

Thats like saying, hey coldsnap is to good, baseline next patch, ty

#10 Forumz

Forumz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Shadow 2/1/1/1/./.
  • 2v2: 2728
  • 3v3: 2279
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 768

Posted 06 July 2013 - 08:44 PM

View PostUdderly, on 06 July 2013 - 06:30 PM, said:

You mean like how druids can blink/ironbark/shift/barkskin and the priest can pain sup and the paladin can bubble and the monk can para/torpedo/bubble/etc?  

Still hate this argument that a blanket silence should crush only one healing class (not lockouts).  I don't play resto anymore, haven't since cata, so it's not a bias thing.

Just going to point out PS can only be used while stunned, not while blanketed. Neither can the Monk's bubble. (seeing as you're talking about blanket silences only ''crushing'' one class (shaman))
Posted Image

#11 Myci

Myci
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Discipline 2/0/0/1/1/1

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:49 AM

View PostForumz, on 06 July 2013 - 08:44 PM, said:

Just going to point out PS can only be used while stunned, not while blanketed. Neither can the Monk's bubble. (seeing as you're talking about blanket silences only ''crushing'' one class (shaman))

He was just saying that theres things either of these healers can do when stunned/ sileneced. Druids have 2 skins, displacer and shifts/running for silences, pallies have auramastery and bubble. Meanwhile priest have sup, druids have skins, and monks have cocoon for stuns. Point is shamans cant do anything in either, and also have to hardcast all heals( all the others have instants).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<