5.4 ability cd reduction trinket vs. 10% dmg reduction trinket for wws

monk ww windwalker 5.4 trinkets pve pvp

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Neverever

Neverever
  • Members

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:15 AM

What do you think will be better, equipping 2 pvp trinkets or swapping one out for the ability cd reduction siege trinket?

So it would be, with 512 ilvl scaling:

grievous gladiator's insignia of conquest

- 1,759 pvp power
- 4,720 agility proc for 20 secs
- (2600 resil. i.e. 10% damage reduction if you equip 2 pvp trinkets)

vs.

siege trinket

- 8,027 agility proc for 20 secs
- 27% reduction on the cd of 6 abilities which are:

- fists of fury: 25s -> 19.7s
- flying serpent kick: 25s -> 19.7s
- transcendence: transfer: 25s -> 19.7s
- energising brew: 1m -> 47.2s
- fortifying brew: 3m -> 2.36m
- zen meditation: 3m -> 2.36m

not sure if the % reduction math adds up but the values above are what the cd of those abilities is being reduced to in arenas (wargames) on ptr.

Thoughts?

Also, I have seen people equipping both the primary stat and the secondary stat siege dps trinkets doing the most ridiculous damage on ptr atm.

View PostDizzeeyo, on 16 July 2013 - 12:28 AM, said:

id love to be playing the same game as you where hunters and ferals are the biggest counters to mages

#2 Marshmellow

Marshmellow
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-The Forgotten Coast
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2026
  • 3v3: 2348
  • RBG: 960

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:35 PM

I'm pretty sure that the set bonus from having the 2 pvp trinks equipped will trump the pve trinkets, the pve trinkets will most likely have their procs changed for pvp and as for the cooldown reduction one I think the cds listed are short enough that we don't really need it.

#3 Udderly

Udderly
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1918

Posted 06 July 2013 - 03:44 AM

View PostMarshmellow, on 05 July 2013 - 11:35 PM, said:

I'm pretty sure that the set bonus from having the 2 pvp trinks equipped will trump the pve trinkets, the pve trinkets will most likely have their procs changed for pvp and as for the cooldown reduction one I think the cds listed are short enough that we don't really need it.

Holinka tweeted initially that the reduce trinkets would be 20% for pvp.

In other words, your math looks close (figuring in latency)

#4 Syncrow

Syncrow
  • Premium
  • Curse Premium

Posted 06 July 2013 - 10:18 AM

View PostUdderly, on 06 July 2013 - 03:44 AM, said:

Holinka tweeted initially that the reduce trinkets would be 20% for pvp.

In other words, your math looks close (figuring in latency)

for now the 2pvp-trinket-setboni gaves you 2600 resi (from 65% to 68,54%) which is around 5,44% dmg reduction more against player

#5 Neverever

Neverever
  • Members

Posted 06 July 2013 - 11:43 AM

IDK, I was testing the dmg reduction of x2 pvp trinkets with a destro lock and his incinerates went from 32k without bonus to 29k with bonus which is a 10% reduction so that's what I was basing it on.

The proc and cd reductions I listed are already reduced in pvp - outside of arenas the proc is even bigger and the reduction even more.

And it's not just a short reduction on one ability, its a reduction on 6 abilities and together it feels quite potent.

View PostDizzeeyo, on 16 July 2013 - 12:28 AM, said:

id love to be playing the same game as you where hunters and ferals are the biggest counters to mages

#6 Udderly

Udderly
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1918

Posted 06 July 2013 - 01:41 PM

View PostNeverever, on 06 July 2013 - 11:43 AM, said:

IDK, I was testing the dmg reduction of x2 pvp trinkets with a destro lock and his incinerates went from 32k without bonus to 29k with bonus which is a 10% reduction so that's what I was basing it on.

The proc and cd reductions I listed are already reduced in pvp - outside of arenas the proc is even bigger and the reduction even more.

And it's not just a short reduction on one ability, its a reduction on 6 abilities and together it feels quite potent.

Yea I know those were already reduced, I was just confirming that those are the expected correct times according to twitter (since your OP voiced some doubts whether those were expected times or not).  It's an interesting choice, and TBH I would think this is another opportunity like having a full resil set to swap to and a full dmg set.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<