• US-The Forgotten Coast
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2140
  • 3v3: 2447
  • RBG: 960

Posted 02 July 2013 - 03:17 AM

View PostBailamosx, on 02 July 2013 - 03:05 AM, said:

This is a terrible change that dumbs the game down and reduces coordination.

yeah those rbg groups with 3-4 druids pinballing the other team around with Typhoons and Vortexes are gonna be dumbed down
Posted Image

#22 Hofflerand

Hofflerand
  • Junkies
  • LocationNY

Posted 02 July 2013 - 03:29 AM

Interesting, this may be the first step towards encouraging melee in RBG's. Still a long way to go though, will prob take a new expansion.

Also I think RBG's should be more like arena as in not entirely focused on AoE control. I'm sure it requires some level of team coordination, but unfortunately not a whole lot of individual skill.

#23 Covlol

Covlol
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Fury 0/1/1/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1924
  • 3v3: 2468
  • 5v5: 2282
  • RBG: 1787

Posted 02 July 2013 - 03:38 AM

View PostBailamosx, on 02 July 2013 - 03:05 AM, said:

This is a terrible change that dumbs the game down and reduces coordination.

Really missing that down vote button right now.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Lvl 1 Dk Legend Covlol

#24 amaixliu

amaixliu
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Combat 2/2/1/1/0/2

Posted 02 July 2013 - 02:58 PM

View PostCovlol, on 02 July 2013 - 03:38 AM, said:

Really missing that down vote button right now.
qft

#25 Bailamosx

Bailamosx
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Assassination 1/2/2/2/0/1/.
  • 2v2: 1347
  • 5v5: 2645
  • RBG: 2526
  • LocationUnder the freeway.

Posted 02 July 2013 - 03:14 PM

View PostHofflerand, on 02 July 2013 - 03:29 AM, said:

Interesting, this may be the first step towards encouraging melee in RBG's. Still a long way to go though, will prob take a new expansion.

Also I think RBG's should be more like arena as in not entirely focused on AoE control. I'm sure it requires some level of team coordination, but unfortunately not a whole lot of individual skill.

Why would we want RBGs to be more like arena? RBGs are designed to focus on objectives and PvP on a larger team based scale. And, by the way: I've had more fun this season than any in terms of team balance and composition. Since the nerf of AoE grip and Solar Beam, I've been able to play consistently at the highest level with Arms Warriors, Enhance Shamans, Ret Paladins, and Hunters: http://imgur.com/a/zTXhN

Bailamos / World's R1 RBG Leader

http://rbgs.tv/

Posted Image Posted Image

#26 Hackattack3

Hackattack3
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1609
  • 3v3: 1792
  • RBG: 2050

Posted 02 July 2013 - 05:08 PM

View PostCapstone, on 01 July 2013 - 10:56 PM, said:

why don't they just get rid of knockbacks in arena

Then they would have to remove dks double grip, feral bounces, and mobility from warriors and rogues.

#27 amirdaheat

amirdaheat
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/1/2/2
  • RBG: 2269

Posted 02 July 2013 - 05:15 PM

BAILAMOOOOOOOOOOOOOS LET THE RHYTHM TAKE YOU OVER BAILAMOOOOOOOOOOS
Posted Image

#28 Shrouds

Shrouds
  • Junkies

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:12 PM

The 5 yard knockback on unstoppable force was too OP
but wotlk on wards they had a billion more...?
wtf

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Fire 0/2/2/2/1/2
  • RBG: 2573

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:16 PM

bailamos i dont understand? top rating at 2k dud not cool

#30 Fleinflex

Fleinflex
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/0/2
  • RBG: 1707
  • LocationNorway

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:32 PM

View PostBearzerk92, on 01 July 2013 - 11:03 PM, said:

Yeah and all kind of cc too in order for everyone to do their PVE dps rotation easily...

PS: and get rid of pillars too plz!!!!

Just put dps dummies inside the arena and see what team that does the most damage within 1 minute, and chose the winner accordingly
Posted Image

#31 amaixliu

amaixliu
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Combat 2/2/1/1/0/2

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:48 PM

View PostHackattack3, on 02 July 2013 - 05:08 PM, said:

Then they would have to remove dks double grip, feral bounces, and mobility from warriors and rogues.
double grip should never have been added anyway, seriously the most pointlessly obnoxious thing ever

#32 fant0m8

fant0m8
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 02 July 2013 - 11:38 PM

View Postamaixliu, on 02 July 2013 - 09:48 PM, said:

double grip should never have been added anyway, seriously the most pointlessly obnoxious thing ever

Agreed. I'm very glad that my class has a silence.
Bye again! This game isn't fun when you don't know anyone else that still plays.

#33 Hofflerand

Hofflerand
  • Junkies
  • LocationNY

Posted 04 July 2013 - 05:02 PM

View PostBailamosx, on 02 July 2013 - 03:14 PM, said:

Why would we want RBGs to be more like arena?
Because arena requires more individual skill.

RBGs are designed to focus on objectives and PvP on a larger team based scale.
Objectives are great, but 8v8 fights decided by AoE damage and AoE CC are not.

Lately I've been wondering what makes makes DotA games so successful. I'm not as in love with these as a lot of people, but I enjoy 'em well enough. It's cool how there's a laning phase and initially team fights are few and far between. WoW RBG's don't feel like that, even the node control maps. I think part of the problem is there aren't enough objectives. Compare Arathi Basin, which boils down to five flags, to Summoner's Rift (LoL) which in the early to mid-game has three lanes with creep and towers, two jungles with extra creep and important buffs, and the dragon. Also there's vision.

I would actually rather play RBG's than arena because objectives + killing the other guy should be more complex than just killing the other guy, but battlegrounds don't live up to that promise. There are too many players and too few objectives. It's unfortunate Blizzard shelved Defense of the Alehouse because if somehow fog of war could be added to a battleground, I think it would've been awesome.

I guess there's the problem of how your character would grow more powerful over time...perhaps classes could be scaled down to level one and limited to a few spells. Then each time a player levels, he unlocks a new spell. You know how people always say to separate PvE and PvP? Well this could be a fresh start for PvP -- each class/spec could be balanced around this select set of spells.

Ignore that last paragraph as I always go overboard with this sort of thing and I don't see Blizz doing anything so drastic. Here are two realistic requests: maps with more objectives and for 10 players to be reduced to 5.

Since the nerf of AoE grip and Solar Beam, I've been able to play consistently at the highest level with Arms Warriors, Enhance Shamans, Ret Paladins, and Hunters: http://imgur.com/a/zTXhN
That's good, but I think this sudden viability has a lot to do with MoP's dumbed down PvP. At this point most classes/specs do such ridiculous damage (sometimes half a health bar in a GCD) that I'm not surprised you can run with anything in RBG's. Occasionally I feel guilty about my damage, but then I get bursted by a mage, shaman, Feral, etc and I realize this game has just gotten silly.

#34 hekumzx

hekumzx
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Moon Guard
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/2/1/0/0/.
  • 2v2: 2048
  • 3v3: 2776

Posted 04 July 2013 - 05:29 PM

Overall I think this is good for arena, being spam knock backed by teams with retarded combinations of shit is not only annoying as hell, but not really something you can usually outplay or out-position.  That being said, knock-backs rarely ever win a game on their own, though there are some instances where they play a massive role in a loss.

Essentially, this is a bullshit change for people who like to RBG and a good change for people who like to arena.  For those who do both, I'd personally prefer the change not happen.  The funny shit you can do in rbgs outweighs the annoying shit that can happen to you in arena.

A comprehensive look at resto shaman, from the inside out - http://i.imgur.com/icr36xO.png

Posted Image

Official Blizzard Quote:

11/18/10
Balance isn't as easy as some seem to think and often balance is in the eye of the beholder.. We believe priests will be in good shape if not great..

#35 rob-hype

rob-hype
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Feral 2/2/2/1/2/0/.
  • 2v2: 2025
  • 3v3: 2783
  • 5v5: 2069
  • RBG: 2121
  • LocationToronto, Ontario

Posted 04 July 2013 - 05:58 PM

Now DR DK dub grip kthx
Http://lmgtfy.com/?q...ral+Tichondrius

Feral Always :)

That awkward moment when you're reading this comment, and can't stop reading because you are so intrigued by it, that you keep reading, and then you realize it says nothing important - AJ Signatures

#36 Bailamosx

Bailamosx
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Assassination 1/2/2/2/0/1/.
  • 2v2: 1347
  • 5v5: 2645
  • RBG: 2526
  • LocationUnder the freeway.

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:53 PM

View PostHofflerand, on 04 July 2013 - 05:02 PM, said:

Because arena requires more individual skill.

Objectives are great, but 8v8 fights decided by AoE damage and AoE CC are not.

Lately I've been wondering what makes makes DotA games so successful. I'm not as in love with these as a lot of people, but I enjoy 'em well enough. It's cool how there's a laning phase and initially team fights are few and far between. WoW RBG's don't feel like that, even the node control maps. I think part of the problem is there aren't enough objectives. Compare Arathi Basin, which boils down to five flags, to Summoner's Rift (LoL) which in the early to mid-game has three lanes with creep and towers, two jungles with extra creep and important buffs, and the dragon. Also there's vision.

I would actually rather play RBG's than arena because objectives + killing the other guy should be more complex than just killing the other guy, but battlegrounds don't live up to that promise. There are too many players and too few objectives. It's unfortunate Blizzard shelved Defense of the Alehouse because if somehow fog of war could be added to a battleground, I think it would've been awesome.

I guess there's the problem of how your character would grow more powerful over time...perhaps classes could be scaled down to level one and limited to a few spells. Then each time a player levels, he unlocks a new spell. You know how people always say to separate PvE and PvP? Well this could be a fresh start for PvP -- each class/spec could be balanced around this select set of spells.

Here are two realistic requests: maps with more objectives and for 10 players to be reduced to 5.

I see what you're saying, and, I wouldn't mind more objectives, but honestly... I do think you exaggerate and minimize what RBGs are in your description of "AoE CC and AoE damage". This patch is far more about single target pressure, they've increased the amount of CC in this game drastically since S9. And, I don't really feel that RBGs have changed drastically except for the recent FC nerf which speeds up the games to reduce turtling. I wouldn't mind more complex maps and objectives, however, it's hard enough for me to direct simpletons on a map how to float, I don't think their tiny cretin brains could handle more advanced strategy. Especially with the casual nature of this game and it's continued direction in the path, I consider that unrealistic, albeit appealing. I stated before that RBGs should not be more like Arena because it should be about teamwork and objectives NOT individual skill, thus I don't see why you'd want 5v5 RBGs. Seems a bit ridiculous to me, especially given the already large area of maps. In fact, I'd like RBGs available to 15 man or 20 man raids, and, opening up AV or IoC to RBGs or some new big map. They had a 20 man AV RBG in Beta Cataclysm, but it fell through.

Also: no offense, but I think any RBGs you've done lately are a lot more mongoloid than a team like mine because you're playing with lower rated, more casual groups. I guess that's more representative of the community as a whole though, but it would account for why we disagree on some points.

By the way I liked your YouTube clip 19 I think? I added Moon Trance and Self Control to my Spotify playlist and listen to them all the time.

Edited by Bailamosx, 05 July 2013 - 03:00 PM.

Bailamos / World's R1 RBG Leader

http://rbgs.tv/

Posted Image Posted Image

#37 Giltie

Giltie
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Protection 0/0/0/2/2/0
  • RBG: 2099

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:45 PM

View PostBailamosx, on 05 July 2013 - 02:53 PM, said:

I stated before that RBGs should not be more like Arena because it should be about teamwork and objectives NOT individual skill, thus I don't see why you'd want 5v5 RBGs. Seems a bit ridiculous to me, especially given the already large area of maps. In fact, I'd like RBGs available to 15 man or 20 man raids, and, opening up AV or IoC to RBGs or some new big map. They had a 20 man AV RBG in Beta Cataclysm, but it fell through.

I was with you at first and then you mentioned IoC and AV and lost me :(

I understand that you are a fan of the objectivity of RBGs but does that really include vehicles? Blizzard has never found a way to make vehicles work well in PvP. Therefore, the addition of something like IoC or even Strand (reincorporation in this case) into Rated Battlegrounds would seem like a bad move. Am I alone on this?

As far as AV goes. It was already discovered long ago with a close analysis of this BG that the choke points favor the Alliance here which could give them a massive advantage if utilized correctly. Also, I think if it were to actually be incorporated it would have to be "shortened" in some way. I believe that the map is way to large for even a party of 20. Unless you know of something that could be implemented easily to accommodate an addition to RBGs.

Edited by Giltie, 05 July 2013 - 10:50 PM.

#38 ROKMODE

ROKMODE

Posted 07 July 2013 - 01:33 AM

I don't get how people still find time to prioritize complaining about knockbacks in 2013 with all the other stupid stuff that's always in WoW.
Expect bias in posts because
Wotlk is the best thing since sliced bread

#39 Xhanon

Xhanon
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Kazzak
  • Misery
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 2280
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 07 July 2013 - 02:43 AM

View Postamaixliu, on 02 July 2013 - 09:48 PM, said:

Agree with this!, worst thing is to ground the grip and then you just get another one afterwards, so stupid

#40 Glink

Glink
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 2/0/2/2/0/2/.
  • 2v2: 2378
  • 3v3: 2944
  • 5v5: 2380
  • RBG: 2344
  • LocationUnited States