#1 Phizx

Phizx
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/1/2/0/1

Posted 01 July 2013 - 04:27 PM

Ok, lets get into the topic. Now that mastery for frost mages, in my opinion, received a huge nerf, there arises a question(s) and im sure I'm not the only mage concerned about this... Ok, first things first, Temporal Shield vs Frost Barrier.

I've always been a fan of temp shield, I even thought it surpassed barrier in the current patch. Now, however, they're buffing temp shield and leaving frost barrier in the dust. I mean, I dont see a reason anyone would be taking frost barrier over temp shield with the baked in barkskin it now provides (also being on a 25 sec cooldown). I can definitely agree with this buff as mages get torn up by a majority of classes. So my question to you, gladiators and other junkies, should they be buffing Frost Barrier? Or even flameglow? Lemme know what you think.

On to the next and most important changes reguarding Mage's frost mastery.
Nether Tempest vs Living Bomb vs What seems like the non existant Frost Bomb.

Ok, so here is my main concern with the changes taking place in 5.4. Who in the right mind is gonna pick frost bomb now? Unless, of course, im missing something. Dont get me wrong, Im a huge fan of frost bomb, but even with the 10% damage increase, it seems its gonna be so much less relevant. Besides, nobody wants to hard cast nowadays. Now that the mastery focuses on FoF and brain freeze procs, Nether Tempest seems to be the dominant choice with Living Bomb in a close second. Again, these are just my thoughts, opinions and speculation.

So what do you guys think?
Is frost bomb gonna be washed up or still be viable?

#2 Razghul

Razghul
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Frost
  • LocationAmsterdam

Posted 18 July 2013 - 11:04 AM

View PostPhizx, on 01 July 2013 - 04:27 PM, said:

nobody wants to hard cast nowadays

This.

I think, if your question was, what's the better choice: then I would probably pick for nether tempest, I believe it's always been a better variant of living bomb eventho I've always picked living bomb but thats cause ive been playing fire forever - I do think frost bomb has it's place but depends on the way you play I guess (note: I haven't played in months :( )

ps; at work atm, can't really elaborate on why one of the spells is better then the others in my opinion but I'll try to get to it tonight!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mage 5.4

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<