Saelyin
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1767

Posted 29 June 2013 - 09:03 PM

Need help badly; we're playing LSD around 2200 mmr and anytime we queue against ret/hunter/priest no matter whether they're 2k or 2.4k we always lose. What do we do against this? Especially on maps such as lordearon and dalaran were a gate is not entirely possible. Our rdruid just gets cc'd by unavoidable shit no matter how many traps we ground or fears we tremor and every single team tunnels our lock until hes out of cds and dies. What are we supposed to do? Both general tips and tips regarding what to do in a rdruid pov welcome!

#2 Exephia

Exephia
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Affliction 0/1/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2039
  • 3v3: 2327
  • RBG: 576

Posted 29 June 2013 - 09:09 PM

my eyes, they hurt

#3 Bigmoran

Bigmoran
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 2098
  • 3v3: 2507
  • 5v5: 2598
  • RBG: 2303

Posted 29 June 2013 - 09:12 PM

It would help if your lock can play destro (because of ember taps).

Also, make sure your lock is using a sacced imp to dispell your traps/fears/HoJs.

From resto druid perspective you NEED to keep FF on priest as often as possible to avoid sprint+vanish fears (even though you can tremor them). Use your AoE shout on the Psyfiend if he throws it on top of you. Keep max distance from hunter as much as possible, and make sure to pillar him if he attempts at a scatter. Always have one of your teammates (preferably the one thats not being trained) to stand on top of you IN ADDITION to grounding every trap. On top of that I would try for early clones on hunter and keep ret off of clone DR until he pops wings. Then, if you have the spare globals, clone him as soon as he pops wings (NS if needed). If the ret hasnt trinketed up to that point, I can almost guarantee that he will trinket your clone, which will allow him to be hexed full by your shaman. I think once you CC wings, you SHOULD be pretty safe.

One more thing, utilize gateway as often as possible. Use it in pair with stampeding roar once you've gated to make progress cross map.

Edit 2: Another big thing is to have your warlock kite in such a way that he draws the ret as far from his port. Keep mushrooms on your locks portal so if things get hairy he can port + mushroom explode.

Edited by Bigmoran, 29 June 2013 - 09:16 PM.

bigmoran | bobrosslol | skill-capped

View Postjaimex, on 06 September 2014 - 09:36 AM, said:

temporal shield combined with ironbark ward is more healing than a shaman ns from 10% hp

#4 Saelyin

Saelyin
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 29 June 2013 - 09:17 PM

Awesome advice regarding lock with imp dispels, though I doubt he'll ever play destro as he hates it. Regarding specific maps where we can't always get gate like dalaran and sometimes the snowy map, what can we do to insure lock survives opener and cooldowns?

Edit: Regarding not being able to get a gate on these maps as they open so fast, the same kind of applies to shrooms on these as I don't even have time to get all 3 down in some games, which puts us at a huge disadvantage with no gate and mediocre shrooms. : /

#5 Pankakez

Pankakez
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Antonidas
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/2/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 1789
  • 3v3: 2052
  • RBG: 2322

Posted 29 June 2013 - 09:17 PM

What my lsd does against hunter teams in general is kill hunter pets all the fucking time should almost be a priority then its tunnel hunter for the rest of the game. Your druid can avoid a lot of cc and if your having that much trouble with druid getting ccd all there cc is dispel able so you could have your lock go imp dispel with the exception of scatter. And you can pretty much get a gate on any map and its amazing. Try and become gate lords. I advise hexing ret on cd also once he has not trinket its guaranteed 8 sec of him doing nothing. We also don't have our druid clone against a lot of teams bc we want to rot and oom healers but against Hunter teams we clone dps a lot to prevent random deaths.

#6 Bigmoran

Bigmoran
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 29 June 2013 - 09:18 PM

Yeah, an NS clone on a ret with wings will prevent more damage than healing you could have done with an NS Healing Touch..

temporal shield combined with ironbark ward is more healing than a shaman ns from 10% hp

#7 Bigmoran

Bigmoran
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 29 June 2013 - 09:19 PM

Blood Horror is also really good vs comps like this.

#8 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 29 June 2013 - 09:19 PM

Taken from my post here http://www.arenajunk...s/#entry3896358

You can't minimize the damage you take - you will take tremendous damage at the start even if they touch you for only 5 seconds. You can however avoid it. Since you are playing a dot cleave, which traditionally is greatly favored if you survive the first 30-40 seconds. So your main purpose is to try and get as many dots possible on everything (hunter pet is more important than the enh), and run around the pillar LoSing the hunter. It is paramount that you control the enhancement during his ascendance. You should focus on slowly using your defensive cds+portal, while your druid needs to make sure that something is cloned all the times. Assuming he is Heart of the Wild specced, he should be mostly focusing on healing and cloning during the first few seconds. Don't take your port by yourself - always use it with your healer. Try to disrupt as much cc as you can on your healer - this is by far the most important thing to do. Take his traps, dispel his hex - you can even go imp for the traps if you feel like it.

Try to cc as much as you can, use your portal wisely, and trust me if you live the first few seconds the dots will make their healer run as dry as Sahara.

Tactic is the same for a ret team. Play very defensive at the start, trying to cross cc with hex/clone/fear (eg hex ret/clone hunter at the same time->hunter BWs fear etc). Coordinate your defensive cds appropriately. Don't panic and pop everything at the same time - take it slow. Start with pet sac (pref at the same time as ironbark to increase the time window that the shield stands). When it's down use unending resolve, then dark bargain etc. If you live after the opening wings, double BW and rapid fire, they will die or go OOM rly fast

View PostZerstiren, on 14 August 2011 - 01:21 AM, said:

If you haven't +repped this guy, you are part of the problem.

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

#9 Ayrasaurus

Ayrasaurus
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2379
  • LocationYorkshire mates

Posted 29 June 2013 - 09:42 PM

Ground traps/Kill pet

Posted Image

emotional

Posted Image

Thaya Ayra Omegatfwnogfboys2k15

#10 alleaya

alleaya
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Hellscream
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Discipline 1/2/1/0/2/2
  • RBG: 2053

Posted 29 June 2013 - 09:46 PM

Played alot of lsd recently and i find ret hunter disc one of the easier hunter teams to face, we do what ppl have said previously by having an imp out ( imp against 100% of hunter teams) and basicly port on every cc that sticks on your druid, dalaran is impossible to win though in my experience.
Killing and training the pet is the only tactic that works just keep pillar hugging while killin pets and only go for cc chains and burst on the hunter with a cap stun and no pet out (remember to cross cc ret so u can cc priest).
You do have to play pretty perfect to win but with a little help from the rng gods ( ele :duckers: ) you should be able to do it.
Remember ground last possible second when it comes to grounding traps as the priest will just mash dispel entire game as ret heals do more then the disc himself lol. (Thats a joke btw before the flame)

#11 saffie

saffie
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Destruction 0/1/2/0/2/1
  • RBG: 2112

Posted 29 June 2013 - 09:48 PM

Ret is the easiest melee for warlocks to cc, you really shouldnt have problems with it, if ret catches you with cds up just burn a portal or use gateway.

#12 Saelyin

Saelyin
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 29 June 2013 - 10:28 PM

Okay, great advice thus far. Warlock wanted me to post on his behalf--

Is there a specific time which he should keep trying to get port on maps like dalaran where he can't always get it? Or should we forget port if we can't get initial one and just start peeling damage?

#13 Vynieh

Vynieh
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/0
  • RBG: 2124

Posted 29 June 2013 - 10:46 PM

How can your warlock NOT get a port up? Isn't it like  ~4seconds now?

#14 Bearzerk92

Bearzerk92
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Archimonde
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Marksmanship 1/0/1/2/1/0
  • RBG: 384
  • LocationParis, France

Posted 29 June 2013 - 11:05 PM

View PostVynieh, on 29 June 2013 - 10:46 PM, said:

On dalaran it can be difficult to cast a port against hunter teams.

But what i see a lot when playing against LSD is the elemental rushing into the ennemy team to root or bump them while the lock is casting the port.

#15 fant0m8

fant0m8
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 30 June 2013 - 01:24 AM

View PostVynieh, on 29 June 2013 - 10:46 PM, said:

2.XX actually, depending on haste. With no cooldown and no shard/ember cost.

Never forget port. If your team can't manage to get a sub 3s cast off once before you die, you're doing something wrong. Cast at the same time as you CC if it's dalaran. As long as the ret is CCed, anything that they use on the Warlock to interrupt a cast, even if it's right in their face, is 1 less interrupt/CC on the healer. That's a win for you, because a resto druid should always be able to keep his partner up if he's not CCed and at least one of them is being controlled at *all.*
Bye again! This game isn't fun when you don't know anyone else that still plays.

#16 Prolifics

Prolifics
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Feral 2/2/1/1/2/.
  • RBG: 575

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:11 PM

I play LSD at around ~2350-2400 mmr.. Its actually really hard to lose a game to ret hunter disc (or any other healer) providing we survive the first 30 seconds of the game okay.. After that its just a joke once the ret doesn't have wings. You kill the hunter pet.. And once wings is down and the hunter pet is dead, their pressure/dmg output is laughable. Then you can just tunnel the hunter to prevent pet re-summons. Honestly, the only way we really ever lose to that combo is if they nuke gate down with wings/cd's at the start and can somehow manage to stop the lock from getting another gate down. If you have a gate up, its VERY difficult to lose.

Key things to surviving the opener if they open on your ele/warlock:

- Keep distance from the ret. If you get hoj/blinded really early it can put you behind instantly. Sometimes its unavoidable getting hoj'd, so when you are, have your ele ready with a grounding totem for the incoming trap. Or if your ele is gosu, he can try to ground the hoj. (although its difficult).

- Your warlock needs to imp dispel every trap. Traps shouldn't be a problem at all against this comp with the imp dispel mechanic.

- Stay near your ele so you're within range of tremor. Eating a full fear because you were in cambodia in relation to your ele can lose a game instantly.

- And of course.. Make sure your teammates use your gateway to prevent dmg.

If your warlock is having a hard time getting a gateway down on certain maps, just go out and typhoon the hunter/ret back at the start of every game. You can literally 100% ensure your lock can get a gate down every single game by doing that.

If you do all of the above, you will find that facing ret hunter disc is actually not bad at all. Just be thankful its not a feral instead of a ret.

#17 Flabbert

Flabbert
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Elemental 0/0/1/2/0/2
  • RBG: 2460

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:18 PM

/target Psyfiend
/cast Wind Shear
/targetlasttarget
Posted Image

#18 hekumzx

hekumzx
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1744
  • 3v3: 2718
  • 5v5: 576

Posted 17 July 2013 - 03:24 PM

Takes alot of practice at first, after you have practice you basically have to make a mistake to lose to ret/hunter/healer unless they play like gods.

imp dispel
kill pets
tree early

if the druid can get blooms/rejuv/ironbark on your lock before the first CC as wings are popped, and the lock uses regen, you have a 90% chance to win even if you sit the hoj/scatter//blind

A comprehensive look at resto shaman, from the inside out - http://i.imgur.com/icr36xO.png

Posted Image

Official Blizzard Quote:

11/18/10
Balance isn't as easy as some seem to think and often balance is in the eye of the beholder.. We believe priests will be in good shape if not great..

#19 watchmepwn

watchmepwn
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Talnivarr
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 2136
  • 3v3: 2880
  • 5v5: 2354
  • RBG: 768

Posted 17 July 2013 - 03:51 PM

View PostExephia, on 29 June 2013 - 09:09 PM, said:

my eyes, they hurt

this..

how can u not win a ret/hunt team as LSD? It's ONE OF THE EASIEST comps to face as LSD.

#20 Azyos

Azyos
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Fury 1/1/2/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 1835
  • 3v3: 2403
  • 5v5: 2165
  • RBG: 2023
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 17 July 2013 - 04:10 PM

Ele counters hunters (particularly BM) pretty hard as they are able to kill pets very quickly and easily, that coupled with grounding and offheals makes it pretty difficult for the LSD to lose.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<