• Curse Sites
Help

Why do you warriors continue to play an obsolete class?

warrior poll

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

Poll: Why do you play warrior in the context of the rest of PvP? (110 member(s) have cast votes)

Why do you play warrior when they are almost obsolete?

1. Warriors are not bad, what the hell are you on about? (34 votes [30.91%])

Percentage of vote: 30.91%

2. Warriors are bad but I play out of habit (16 votes [14.55%])

Percentage of vote: 14.55%

3. Warriors are bad but I like the image of the class (18 votes [16.36%])

Percentage of vote: 16.36%

4. Warriors are bad but I like the mechanics of the class (13 votes [11.82%])

Percentage of vote: 11.82%

5. Warriors are bad but it's too late to reroll and I don't have the time to master another class (3 votes [2.73%])

Percentage of vote: 2.73%

6. Warriors are bad but I can't be bothered to reroll and I'm too honorable to use a buddy to help me level (2 votes [1.82%])

Percentage of vote: 1.82%

7. Warriors are bad but I refuse to take part in Blizzard's crazy buff/nerf rollercoaster on principle (13 votes [11.82%])

Percentage of vote: 11.82%

8. Warriors are bad but I'm going to wait and cross my fingers for Shadowmourne 2.0 to happen (11 votes [10.00%])

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Neverever

Neverever
  • Members

Posted 29 June 2013 - 12:47 PM

Ever since the great MoP warrior nerf I've been fascinated by seeing a class have almost everything that modernised and brought it up to date nerfed or removed entirely, especially considering the special privilege accorded to other classes when they were transitioned from OP to balanced. I just find it really strange seeing this dinosaur of a class in WoW: MoP since it looks like it ought to be in a different game.

So out of curiosity, why do you all still play warrior? I am genuinely interested in finding out why people would play something that seems to have very little purpose in the current game and is close to being the definition of obsolete.

View PostDizzeeyo, on 16 July 2013 - 12:28 AM, said:

id love to be playing the same game as you where hunters and ferals are the biggest counters to mages

#2 Mostvp71

Mostvp71
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/0/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1501
  • 3v3: 2157
  • RBG: 384

Posted 29 June 2013 - 12:59 PM

None of the above.

Been playing warrior forever, even now its really not that bad if you play with the right classes, most people underestimate a good warrior imo.

However I will say as I've said before that most classes get chosen over a warrior due to lack of utility a lot of our utility for years was Mortal Strike, but that's pretty much dead now.

Second, warriors aren't obsolete, not at all s11 was the closest to obsolete warriors were ever at, compared to s11 this season really isn't that bad, we lack utility other then that our class is pretty solid mobility/survivability/damage wise.

#3 Forumz

Forumz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Shadow 2/1/1/1/./.
  • 2v2: 2728
  • 3v3: 2279
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 768

Posted 29 June 2013 - 01:15 PM

View PostMostvp71, on 29 June 2013 - 12:59 PM, said:

its really not that bad if you play with the right classes

This goes for every class when it's bad though. If your class basically sucks all you have left is the synergy with other classes.
Posted Image

#4 FuguFish

FuguFish
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Nordrassil
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1870

Posted 29 June 2013 - 01:54 PM

What I've never understood is why warriors are still complaining. EVERYTHING that was outdated or broken has been fixed (bar a few bugs with the actual spells) and people are still unhappy.

First people were like UGH stance dancing is outdated and repellent to new players. It was changed and now there's no skill to it anymore and people just camp defensive stance.

Then there's also the complaints of dying through wall etc last patch. In came defensive cd changes/buffs. Warriors take a pounding now and still manage to live. But it's ok warriors now need all of their talents baseline because people like the "warrior playstyle" even though trucking things IS the warrior playstyle.

I honestly don't understand.

#5 Nemlol

Nemlol
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Bloodhoof
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/0/1/1/1
  • RBG: 1684

Posted 29 June 2013 - 02:01 PM

View PostFuguFish, on 29 June 2013 - 01:54 PM, said:

What I've never understood is why warriors are still complaining. EVERYTHING that was outdated or broken has been fixed (bar a few bugs with the actual spells) and people are still unhappy.

First people were like UGH stance dancing is outdated and repellent to new players. It was changed and now there's no skill to it anymore and people just camp defensive stance.

Then there's also the complaints of dying through wall etc last patch. In came defensive cd changes/buffs. Warriors take a pounding now and still manage to live. But it's ok warriors now need all of their talents baseline because people like the "warrior playstyle" even though trucking things IS the warrior playstyle.

I honestly don't understand.

For me it's everything really, I never feel dangerous people tend to ignore me, I don't feel I ever do an impact in my games and how the play style is now it's just frustrating to spend ages on pressuring something down and see him get topped in a matter of a cast, it's like asking why I don't play shyvana top and why I'm complaining about her, why play her when you could play some other more viable class that IS ALSO more fun to play?

#6 Ayrasaurus

Ayrasaurus
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2379
  • LocationYorkshire mates

Posted 29 June 2013 - 02:14 PM

Because it's still a fun play style and one of the only classes i feel is "unique" mainly due to it's awesome mobility.

Posted Image

emotional

Posted Image

Thaya Ayra Omegatfwnogfboys2k15

#7 RaTz3r

RaTz3r
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Blackrock
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Balance 1/2/0/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 1536
  • 3v3: 2205

Posted 29 June 2013 - 02:53 PM

charge and spellreflect rules 8-)

#8 Saberstrike

Saberstrike
  • Members

Posted 29 June 2013 - 03:04 PM

It's the only class that lets you experience 'Getting in their face and smashing them' without any piss-colored magic, turning into cats n bears, calling wolves / stupid blob of fire, getting those gay 'swoosh swoosh' death knight sounds or relying on puss-out stealth.

If they made monk feel like a visceral hand to hand fighter rather than the same 'swoosh swoosh magic nonsense', I'd reroll. As is warrior plainly and simply feels more brutal through the way it sounds and plays, bad as it is. =/

Imagine if you lost mana out of combat, had to hit people with wand to regain it, had your shields cut by 40% except that one time for 15 seconds during 3-min cooldowns, had no pets or cc besides 1.5m cooldown fear, took 20% more damage except in stance where you gain no mana and were basically inferior to paladin in every way.

That's why.

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Fire 0/2/2/2/1/2
  • RBG: 2573

Posted 29 June 2013 - 03:09 PM

Just because your class is not the BEST of the best, does not mean you stop playing it..unless you reroll anything that is the best @patch. most ppl play 2-3classes and their main mostly. and warriors are not that bad actually..

View PostAyrasaurus, on 29 June 2013 - 02:14 PM, said:

Because it's still a fun play style and one of the only classes i feel is "unique" mainly due to it's awesome mobility.

totaly agree!

Also they shud add like 5 post requirement or more to post in class forums for members :)

Edited by Zerlog, 29 June 2013 - 03:13 PM.

#10 kagan

kagan
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 1832

Posted 29 June 2013 - 05:46 PM

warriros are not as bad as everyone says they are.
Posted Image

#11 kazuhmeer

kazuhmeer
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/2/0/1/1
  • 2v2: 480
  • 3v3: 2148
  • RBG: 1849

Posted 29 June 2013 - 06:01 PM

View Postkagan, on 29 June 2013 - 05:46 PM, said:

warriros are not as bad as everyone says they are.

#12 jamninja

jamninja
  • Members
  • LocationThe Internet

Posted 29 June 2013 - 06:07 PM

View Postkagan, on 29 June 2013 - 05:46 PM, said:

warriros are not as bad

#13 Danyl

Danyl
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Moon Guard
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/1/2/1/0
  • RBG: 192

Posted 29 June 2013 - 06:19 PM

Warriors aren't really bad, there's just no point in bringing them over pretty much any other melee.

#14 Doctor M

Doctor M
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/0/1/1/2/.
  • 2v2: 2087
  • 3v3: 2535
  • 5v5: 2218
  • RBG: 2308

Posted 29 June 2013 - 06:26 PM

View PostDanyl, on 29 June 2013 - 06:19 PM, said:

Warriors aren't really bad, there's just no point in bringing them over pretty much any other melee.

Im confused, and this should'nt make Warriors bad?

View PostEsiwdeer, on 29 June 2014 - 10:58 PM, said:

But look how fucking dumb it was like, a bot could Drain Mana just like a bot could play Hunter ATM.

#15 kazuhmeer

kazuhmeer
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/2/0/1/1
  • 2v2: 480
  • 3v3: 2148
  • RBG: 1849

Posted 29 June 2013 - 07:04 PM

View PostDoctor M, on 29 June 2013 - 06:26 PM, said:

Im confused, and this should'nt make Warriors bad?

point is melee hybrids need nerfed not buffs to warriors

#16 Deadsoil

Deadsoil
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Fire 0/2/0/2/0/2

Posted 29 June 2013 - 08:02 PM

Alot of people play warriors just because they don't want to be insane good or bad. You're basically the medium class...for now.
Posted Image

#17 FuguFish

FuguFish
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Nordrassil
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1870

Posted 29 June 2013 - 08:25 PM

View PostNemlol, on 29 June 2013 - 02:01 PM, said:

For me it's everything really, I never feel dangerous people tend to ignore me, I don't feel I ever do an impact in my games and how the play style is now it's just frustrating to spend ages on pressuring something down and see him get topped in a matter of a cast, it's like asking why I don't play shyvana top and why I'm complaining about her, why play her when you could play some other more viable class that IS ALSO more fun to play?

You can't really compare wow to mobas. For one, I think lol is a shit game in terms of competitive play (just my opinion, also applies to wow too i guess!) Also your analogy doesn't quite work because there is a pick/ban system in mobas so you might end up having all the fotm/op heroes removed from the game. I've played dota for years and years now and at a reasonably high level. From experience a good player doesn't ever associate with a hero at all, more so their role in a team (personally I expect all my teammates to be able to play at least 3 of the 5 roles). Therefore there is less dependency in hero balance as a good team will generally use pick/ban phase to draft for a gameplan. In wow there is less meta than there is in mobas because the game is reasonably linear in terms of potential.

I do however, agree with the whole idea of MS effects. It sucks that caster cleaves don't get punished for not having an MS effect. The fact that battle fatigue is stronger than MS should not happen, period. Casters in general have more utility/cc at range so they should learn to use it and make sure they can kill a target from 100-0, and not rely on healers running oom from the sheer amount of healing/dispels they have to do.

View PostSaberstrike, on 29 June 2013 - 03:04 PM, said:

Imagine if you lost mana out of combat, had to hit people with wand to regain it, had your shields cut by 40% except that one time for 15 seconds during 3-min cooldowns, had no pets or cc besides 1.5m cooldown fear, took 20% more damage except in stance where you gain no mana and were basically inferior to paladin in every way.

You don't have to explain it in a priest's pov (even though you completely forgot casting and mobility elements). I'm only playing my priest because I normally play a rogue and I personally believe that's worse than what warriors are now (we actually still have a billion outdated mechanics).

#18 Saberstrike

Saberstrike
  • Members

Posted 29 June 2013 - 10:18 PM

You don't have to explain it in a priest's pov (even though you completely forgot casting and mobility elements). I'm only playing my priest because I normally play a rogue and I personally believe that's worse than what warriors are now (we actually still have a billion outdated mechanics).

It was a silly example, take it as such. I know every class has problems but you simply can't tell me a good rogue isn't better than a good warrior. I know we're all overshadowed by our feral, ret and enhance overlords at the moment but hopes are still high for 5.4 to deliver the nerfhammer where it's due.

Alot of people play warriors just because they don't want to be insane good or bad. You're basically the medium class...for now.

Uhm... Am I alone in thinking this doesn't make too much sense? It's a bit backwards. Many agree that warriors are mediocre but that's not really why people play it.

point is melee hybrids need nerfed not buffs to warriors

Nailed it. Problem is it's probably easier to buff one than nerf 3(4?).

#19 Ansi

Ansi
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • RBG: 1951
  • LocationCold North

Posted 29 June 2013 - 10:39 PM

Warriors needs a massive overhaul.

Blizzard attempted a minor overhaul with MOP, but failed it so bad, they had to revert everything, wich left us back in this mediocre state of not-sure-how-to-fix. This alone proves a minor overhaul isn't enough.

#20 Tsx

Tsx
  • Junkies

Posted 29 June 2013 - 10:48 PM

holy fck ur not the worst class stop whining so much.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: warrior, poll

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<