• US-Shadowmoon
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Combat 1/2/2/1/0/1
  • 2v2: 2365
  • 3v3: 2741
  • 5v5: 1949
  • RBG: 2288

Posted 29 June 2013 - 07:41 AM

I know it would be a large change meant for a new expansion, but I feel like trinkets as a whole have been the number 1 issue with pvp for the longest time.   Aside from the legendary weapon seasons, when someone complained about pve gear winning the game they were complaining about a trinket am I wrong?  

Yes, trinkets are a large part of PvE and it allows raids to coordinate burst during a specific event in a boss fight but wouldn't that be easily fixed by buffing the raid consumables like The Potion of the Jade Serpent?   Instead of being used once per combat you could just make it have a cooldown so it could be used more than once a fight,   OR you could just increase the amount of main stat it gives during its duration, and since its not usable in Rated PvP zones it wont cause any issue there.

In my opinion,  if trinkets were removed from the game it would be immensely easier to balance.  Now I am not a blizzard dev so i cannot say this for sure, but I feel like when blizzard is balancing classes and crunching the numbers out for damage/healing, they aren't accounting for trinkets on top of CD stacking.   Which is why at one point a rogue will do a 20k eviscerate and then 8 seconds later do a 108k eviscerate.

There was a post I believe Nadagast made back near the beginning of MoP that addressed the problem with how trinkets are working.  Blizzard had a good idea with nerfing the stats they gave, but their number one mistake, in my opinion, was halving the cooldown on the trinkets.  So now instead of doing too much damage once every two minutes, they can do really good damage every minute.   So now after they changed how often players can create a kill window with a dps trinket, they didnt do anything to the cooldowns or effectiveness of players defensives. With 1 minute on-use trinket one team can force a few large cooldowns and have multiple opportunities to seal the kill with the same trinket a minute later before their defensives come back up.

Removing trinkets from the game would smooth out the damage spiking in pvp environments and would make the game more like a chess match.  You could have a definitive answer on whether defensive cooldown X would counter offensive cooldown Y.  Instead of thinking "Ok the opponent popped offensive cooldown Y, but he has every trinket proc up right now so I'm going to instead of popping defensive cooldown X, im going to pop every defensive cooldown i have to survive, only to see the same situation 45-90 seconds later and not have an answer for it.

I'd like to hear everyone elses opinion on what they'd think about a change like this.

Edited by KPul, 29 June 2013 - 07:41 AM.

Posted Image   Posted Image

#2 Hiddenstalke

Hiddenstalke
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/2/0/0/1/.
  • 2v2: 2701
  • 3v3: 2872
  • 5v5: 2326
  • RBG: 1909

Posted 29 June 2013 - 08:01 AM

View PostKPul, on 29 June 2013 - 07:41 AM, said:

So now after they changed how often players can create a kill window with a dps trinket, they didnt do anything to the cooldowns or effectiveness of players defensives. With 1 minute on-use trinket one team can force a few large cooldowns and have multiple opportunities to seal the kill with the same trinket a minute later before their defensives come back up.

That was actually great change. You shouldn't have defensive for every single offensive your enemy have.Then it would be nearly impossible to kill someone.The use of defensives is to survive a situation where you were cought in a bad spot and your partner got cc-ed.You can survive not only with def cds but with positioning/Crowd control too.
Just take an example of feral druids - they have millions of defensive cds that they can even waste most times because untill they run out of options they'd have their first cds back(Skin with no cd, last stand,unslowable/rootable,dispersion/bubble(mostly)/Hotw/Shield wall and on top of that a lot of cc to peel off).
There's often teams that don't even need to use def cds(major atleast) even versus biggest bursts just because they predicted them(not hard mostly) and just insta-peeled with cc and kited away.

Anyway , i do agree that there were and still are a lot of absurd trinkets that need to be looked @ but PvP ones are fine as they are atm. What we need is what was suggested million of times already - just simply disabling pve gear/trinkets in arena.

Edit: the feral example was just to show how stupid it would be to have same amount of defensives as enemy ofensives.

Edited by Hiddenstalke, 29 June 2013 - 08:02 AM.

www.twitch.tv/hiddenstalkeeu

#3 KPul

KPul
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Shadowmoon
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Combat 1/2/2/1/0/1
  • 2v2: 2365
  • 3v3: 2741
  • 5v5: 1949
  • RBG: 2288

Posted 29 June 2013 - 08:12 AM

I guess i worded it wrong.  I'm not saying there should always be an answer for every offensive cooldown, what I meant to say was if I pop Shadowdance without my pve trinkets rolling you would just say meh and barkskin and be fine because you can expect how much damage is coming in. Where if I shadowdance and i have my proc trinkets rolling, you are going to trinket skin shieldwall or ursoc/symbiosis w/e.  It would remove the randomness added when a players attack power nearly doubles simply because of a proc on an item. It would allow people to know exactly how much damage is coming our way and help them learn what they need to do to be effective. Now I'm speaking in a junkies only section because i want replies from people who know a little more than the average player, but there are non-junkies that are reading this post, and I'm  sure at least a few of them have seen a rogue pop shadowdance and do next to nothing damage, but then the next game have one nearly solo a player randomly and not know why.

Edited by KPul, 29 June 2013 - 08:12 AM.

Posted Image   Posted Image

#4 watchmepwn

watchmepwn
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Talnivarr
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Frost 1/2/0/2/2/2/.
  • 2v2: 2184
  • 3v3: 2880
  • 5v5: 2354
  • RBG: 768

Posted 29 June 2013 - 08:26 AM

Why do you make this topic?

Blizzard has stated before that they will never remove them. In fact, they want PVE trinkets in PVP ~ god knows why.
They will never change it.

#5 fant0m8

fant0m8
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 29 June 2013 - 07:09 PM

From what I understand, the PVE ilvl cap will never reach the same ilvl as the new conquest/arena gear next season (pve 512, conquest 522).

This in addition to the 10% damage reduction set bonus will hopefully be a significant nerf and enough to discourage most of the PVE trinkets from being the best option for most people.

Let's let them make the above small changes first, *then* see if we need to ask for drastic changes like removing trinkets entirely.
Bye again! This game isn't fun when you don't know anyone else that still plays.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Trinkets

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<