Warrior PvP Arena Help 2v2 3v3 5v5 Bg Rbgs Skills

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Sanakh

Sanakh
  • Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 11:53 PM

Hi my Warrior Brothers,

This is my first Topic and Post on Aj, and I'm joining it because I've got some questions.
I love to play my Warrior even he isnt op or good as any other class in either this or other patch.
I srsly, want to master my Warrior to the maximum. I watch Warrior Streams, even there aren't that much existing.
I do also watch other Streams to inform myself about what is going on in the PvP-Community and to see what other classes can do and how they play it. I do a ton of things to get better but I just don't see a light after the tunnel.
I know its not easy to be a Warrior but it  isn't a reason to give up, at least I think so.
I want to play as good as Pro Warriors do! They play e.g. 80-8 in 2s and over 2.4k in 3s!
If they can do it, I also want to make it that far. Yesterday, I've only managed to play 12w-4L in 2s against Mmr teams of 1.7 to 1.9k. Well I thought it was good playing 12-4 against such Mmr teams.
But, my Disc Partner (yesterday) Rage quited and said I was playing very bad and it was a bad move from him to leave his 1.8k Arena Team. Since that moment I haven't enjoyed playing PvP as a Warrior, I was thinking all the time. I rly asked myself, what can I do better to become as good as Pro Warriors!?
How do I master my Arms Warrior, to play like that?
If there are some ways to do that pls tell me!
To get more in touch with PvP-Players and maybe you guys, I've started leveling a Warrior on Outland-Eu!

A view information about me:
- I'm playing warrior as my main Class
- I play Warrior since mid-end Cata, with view breaks.
- I've played my warrior up to 1.6k Raiting (2s) and 1.7k Raiting (3s).
- My Highest Mmr so far was 2k Rbg, 1.8k+ in 2s and 1.8k in 3s.
- I do play on Aegwynn-Eu and I'm leveling my 2nd Warrior on Outland-Eu.
- I've played only ca. 1k Arena Matches because partners do leave Teams etc. and its hard to find srs team mates.
- I've won 504 of those Matches, i've only won 504 cause I tried 1v2 and help often undergeared players to cap.
- I love PvP and want to be one of the best PvP-Players in WoW.
- I'm actually a social player and accept critics and advices, and try to get better.

Hopefully you guys can help me to get better with my Warrior.
And hopefully may I found some people to practise with.

In Love,
Sanakh

#2 irubuwrongtime

irubuwrongtime
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Fury 0/0/1/1/0/2/0
  • 2v2: 2050
  • 3v3: 2196
  • RBG: 958

Posted 29 June 2013 - 04:52 AM

Damn...  130+ views and not a single response...  
I'd like to help you out bro but your question is too broad and general...  Maybe that's why there isn't any replies yet.  

First thing before anything else, you need know all your skills and bind it so that u can use it instantly without even thinking about it.  
Next, you need to know when to use them in what situation.  Lastly, you need to know every other class as well and what they are capable of doing.  Get to know their major cool-downs, both offensive and defensive and what you should do against them.  That will be a good start to improve your arena sense and awareness.  Because no matter what class you play, as long as you have a good awareness and fast reaction time, you should be doing ok.

If you have more specific question like your comp vs what comps, vs what class then I can try to give you a better advice.

I stole my own quote below to give you a general idea about what distinguishes a good warrior from others.  Hopefully, it's somewhat helpful.

View Postirubuwrongtime, on 13 June 2013 - 03:22 AM, said:

I think it's still ez to tell good glad warriors from average below 2k warriors aside from what you've mentioned above.  Good overall damage, knowing when to burst/kill and being the hardest kill target using the pingpong/los/dstance+2nd wind is just the basics of warrior play.

Good target order is another main thing I would say.  Looking at the big picture and seeing thru the weakest target for good swaps at all time is much needed skill for warrior.

Good use of safeguard/avatar as a root breaker, interupting chain cc with charge/heroic leap+pummel, eating partner cc with intervene, reflecting key spells like deep freeze/hex/clone, preemtive d-stance/shield wall against enemy cd/stun, shockwave 3+ targets when possible, fear at a good time, positioning and knowing when to push in and pull out, good peels during enemy cd using piercing howl/charge/shockwave/disarm/intervene/demo banner/thunder clap/mocking banner.  I mean the list goes on~~~ and we have enough things yet to master for perfection of solid warrior play.

However, I do agree with you on warrior needing more utilities.  Bladestorm and heroic throw silence as baseline is all I ask for; which I think would also increase our skill cap.  I mean there's whole lot more of what we have lost along the way I know but we are lucky if we get at least one more utility skill that actually matters in the game.

I hear from fellow glad warriors that rerolled to monk like hoodrych and smexxin that monk can aslo do everything I mentioned above and even better...  except being maybe just little squisher than us.  You know how annoying monk can get when they are on you and they hurt.  I mean these guys have played warriors forever and if they have lost hope and interest in playing warrior, there is definitely something wrong about current warrior playstyle.

Bring back some fun to warrior play rather than buffing our damage.  Stupid blizzard.

#3 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 29 June 2013 - 05:23 AM

View PostSanakh, on 28 June 2013 - 11:53 PM, said:

Hi my Warrior Brothers,

This is my first Topic and Post on Aj, and I'm joining it because I've got some questions.
I love to play my Warrior even he isnt op or good as any other class in either this or other patch.
I srsly, want to master my Warrior to the maximum. I watch Warrior Streams, even there aren't that much existing.
I do also watch other Streams to inform myself about what is going on in the PvP-Community and to see what other classes can do and how they play it. I do a ton of things to get better but I just don't see a light after the tunnel.
I know its not easy to be a Warrior but it  isn't a reason to give up, at least I think so.
I want to play as good as Pro Warriors do! They play e.g. 80-8 in 2s and over 2.4k in 3s!
If they can do it, I also want to make it that far. Yesterday, I've only managed to play 12w-4L in 2s against Mmr teams of 1.7 to 1.9k. Well I thought it was good playing 12-4 against such Mmr teams.
But, my Disc Partner (yesterday) Rage quited and said I was playing very bad and it was a bad move from him to leave his 1.8k Arena Team. Since that moment I haven't enjoyed playing PvP as a Warrior, I was thinking all the time. I rly asked myself, what can I do better to become as good as Pro Warriors!?
How do I master my Arms Warrior, to play like that?
If there are some ways to do that pls tell me!
To get more in touch with PvP-Players and maybe you guys, I've started leveling a Warrior on Outland-Eu!

A view information about me:
- I'm playing warrior as my main Class
- I play Warrior since mid-end Cata, with view breaks.
- I've played my warrior up to 1.6k Raiting (2s) and 1.7k Raiting (3s).
- My Highest Mmr so far was 2k Rbg, 1.8k+ in 2s and 1.8k in 3s.
- I do play on Aegwynn-Eu and I'm leveling my 2nd Warrior on Outland-Eu.
- I've played only ca. 1k Arena Matches because partners do leave Teams etc. and its hard to find srs team mates.
- I've won 504 of those Matches, i've only won 504 cause I tried 1v2 and help often undergeared players to cap.
- I love PvP and want to be one of the best PvP-Players in WoW.
- I'm actually a social player and accept critics and advices, and try to get better.

Hopefully you guys can help me to get better with my Warrior.
And hopefully may I found some people to practise with.

In Love,
Sanakh
http://www.warcraftm...w.php?id=112573

Learn this by heart. Best warrior advice you will ever get.

And keep that enthusiasm because you need it to get better - as long as you're enthusiastic you will improve!

View Postjustchecking, on 10 November 2014 - 11:58 PM, said:

Going to blizzcon looking for a fight is like going to the official wow arena forums for pvp advice :)

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

#4 Anomalism_7250824

Anomalism_7250824
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/2
  • RBG: 384

Posted 29 June 2013 - 08:23 AM

Re-roll. Like all the other warriors did!

#5 kagan

kagan
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 1832

Posted 29 June 2013 - 08:44 AM

View PostAnomalism_7250824, on 29 June 2013 - 08:23 AM, said:

+rep

Edited by kagan, 29 June 2013 - 11:53 AM.

Posted Image

#6 Saberstrike

Saberstrike
  • Members

Posted 29 June 2013 - 10:28 AM

The issue with warrior is that there really isn't much left for you to be 'The Hero' you could be back in dem days like wrath. These days a comp has to be revolved around warrior rather than warrior being the comp's carrier due to power-growth across the board that sorta kinda left warriors with too little to offer beyond damage.

I too am not an experienced player by any means but I can give some basic advice (if it helps):

1) Tunnel def stance unless you're 100% sure you're safe from being switched on because if they catch you with cc in battle stance you may as well just drop your pants and make it easier.

2) Your main role as a warrior is reck+skull banner+avatar (if taken) burst. Not much to be said here other than that you either have to catch them by surprise to force them to waste CC on you or wait 'till their CC is spent then coordinate with your mates to unload on one target together.

3) Avatar - I suggest using it to get out of DRed root (when it goes from 8 to 4s) followed by melting someone's face off (You got your swifty macro working, right?), although that would depend on situation. The reason I say that is if they root you again it'll only be 2 seconds and it won't be so wasteful, although you still have to watch out for all the other wild CC out there.

4) Fear - glyph it. Unglyphed fear breaks from one hit on main target, glyphed fear sometimes takes upwards of 30% of someone's health on ALL targets before fading; The amount of priests (fear ward), shamans (tremor) and undead (wotf) makes it a bit unreliable but if you can land that one heavy fear, it -will- hurt.

5) If you don't feel to avatar, stormbolt is an awesome tool for stopping someone out of root although it works best in non-stun heavy comp (which for a warrior there's none of as far as I'm aware ;x). I'd not suggest picking blood bath unless you really hate the other options - it can be good but it's one of those weird spells that seem to glitch with freedom type things, making it useless for both slowing and damage.

6) Banners - I'd suggest using mocking banner to intervene, either out of danger or if you're out of charges and desperately need to get to your target; I'd not suggest using it against zoo / wild imps though as you are usually far too squishy to handle it well. Demo banner is a straightforward tool to use when someone's being heavily trained. I wish you could throw more than one banner as to make yourself less vulnerable during burst but as is you can only have one out at any given time.

7) Be careful with rallying cry as it will bring you down to 1 hp if you're below 20% when it ends. Sucks. Wish they just made it a straightforward 30% heal but ah well, still better than nothing.

8) Keep Thunder Clapping against melee / hunters. 10% reduced damage + aoe deep wounds can be handy unless you're relying on a partner who can't glyph their CC to remove dots.

This is mostly basic stuff you probably already know but you didn't really have any more specific questions so I figured I'd try and see if you got the basics covered. It would help if you'd give us some more direct questions about the problems you're having as the whole 'mastering class' thing is something that can only be learned through practice.

#7 Mostvp71

Mostvp71
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/1/1/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 1795
  • 3v3: 960
  • RBG: 1145

Posted 29 June 2013 - 12:38 PM

View PostAnomalism_7250824, on 29 June 2013 - 08:23 AM, said:

Heh sad part is its true, you'll see so many people flock back to warrior though all those rets/enhs/hunters/ferals are going to come crying back.

#8 Dreamwalkerx

Dreamwalkerx
  • Junkies

Posted 29 June 2013 - 03:44 PM

View PostBraindance, on 29 June 2013 - 05:23 AM, said:

And keep that enthusiasm because you need it to get better - as long as you're enthusiastic you will improve!

that was awesome thank you for this, gosh i miss those baby steps you made, when you were slowed back then

#9 nevuki

nevuki
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/2/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 1652

Posted 12 October 2013 - 09:56 AM

s s

#10 Hateformz

Hateformz

Posted 12 October 2013 - 10:22 AM

View PostBraindance, on 29 June 2013 - 05:23 AM, said:

I FUCKIN LOVE DAHIS
FULL HOMO
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Warrior, PvP, Arena, Help, 2v2, 3v3, 5v5, Bg, Rbgs, Skills

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<