#1 Flexes92

Flexes92
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Eredar
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/2/1/2/0/1

Posted 28 June 2013 - 06:31 AM

so i just finished school and i plan on getting a computer science bachelor next. I'm 21 and i think its about time to move out. I could use all life skill advice you can give me.

lunor said:

i think it's an inward penis, so maybe 3" is accurate? could be more, dunno how deep, never been inside a woman personally

View Postlucyk, on 28 March 2011 - 10:13 AM, said:

being ugly doesn't mean you have inner beauty

#2 Duckers

Duckers
  • Moderators
  • Curse Premium
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Cho'gall
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Affliction
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 28 June 2013 - 07:05 AM

Well before your edit when you mentioned your money/costs.. you basically listed you would have around a spare 100a week to pay for food/housing expenses/etc, and you said you already spend around 75a week while living at home with next to no expenses.. so I imagine the best advice is probably get more money idk.

#3 Sykeasaurus

Sykeasaurus
  • Moderators
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 28 June 2013 - 07:36 AM

why the edit

bk said:

I used to beat off alot, and fail all my classes

Insight said:

I figured he's a phony but I was secretly hoping to get pounded by someone famous.

View PostTw1zle, on 07 August 2011 - 11:05 PM, said:

i wasnt aware that america was a country

i guess we learn things every day

#4 ardnut

ardnut
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1743

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:07 AM

Get a lot of money saved up before you move out... there is so much shit you need to buy when you get your own place... and I'm talking just the basics.

Try asking family/friends if they have got old stuff they want to get rid of as this will save you a ton of money.

If you are buying a house, rent one of the rooms out.  The extra income to cover the bills will be awesome (assuming you are not already moving in with a girlfriend/boyfriend).

Make a spreadsheet of your costs, I think this list covers most of it, but try to think of more.  Does your income cover it?

Essentials
Rent/mortgage:
Electricity
Gas
Water
Council tax
Insurance

None essentials
TV subscription
Internet
Phone line
Mobile phone
gym
* RBG/PvP Guild * Stormscale EU * Recruitment Thread * Click Below *
Posted Image

#5 ysnakewoo

ysnakewoo
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Hellfire
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Frost
  • LocationBosnia and Herzegovina

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:16 AM

I was actually hoping Buglamp started this thread.
I'm not useless, I can be used as a bad example.

#6 Rilor

Rilor
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Holy
  • RBG: 2342
  • LocationStraya Cunt

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:34 AM

^ LOL.

But srsly, shit is pretty rough if you're just gonna be scraping by.
I'm the man.

#7 Flexes92

Flexes92
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Eredar
  • Blutdurst

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:04 AM

View PostSykeasaurus, on 28 June 2013 - 07:36 AM, said:

why the edit
cuz i realized i wrote a sick wall of text and figured that no one would read it

lunor said:

i think it's an inward penis, so maybe 3" is accurate? could be more, dunno how deep, never been inside a woman personally

#8 Flexes92

Flexes92
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Eredar
  • Blutdurst

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:12 AM

View PostDuckers, on 28 June 2013 - 07:05 AM, said:

Well before your edit when you mentioned your money/costs.. you basically listed you would have around a spare 100a week to pay for food/housing expenses/etc, and you said you already spend around 75a week while living at home with next to no expenses.. so I imagine the best advice is probably get more money idk.
well i the money i spent right now is just for the sake of spending it really. i mean i dont need to spent 50€+ a night out on weekends.

lunor said:

#9 Buglamp

Buglamp
  • Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:30 AM

View Postysnakewoo, on 28 June 2013 - 08:16 AM, said:

They keep improving the house it's gonna be fucking impossible soon.

We have granite countertops(can pretty much sit or even cut anything on them no worries) and instant hot water, an awesome fridge with an ice dispenser, a bar in what used to be our garage but I'm not sure it can be called that anymore, etc. etc.

+I don't want a gf that badly anyway

Recently got new furniture in my room too just 'cause my mom wanted it to look nicer. :]

I could maybe get a shit job and move into a shit apartment and look after myself eating shittier food but I don't see the point. If anything I'd get a job and save money for enough years that I could still have a decent standard of living.

And yeah, I've turned down some potentially decent job offers from people too but mentally I don't think I was ready for any serious occupation at those times.

#10 Nejim_Beshraavi

Nejim_Beshraavi
  • Members
  • LocationBetelgeuse

Posted 28 June 2013 - 10:23 AM

View PostBuglamp, on 28 June 2013 - 09:30 AM, said:

They keep improving the house it's gonna be fucking impossible soon.

We have granite countertops(can pretty much sit or even cut anything on them no worries) and instant hot water, an awesome fridge with an ice dispenser, a bar in what used to be our garage but I'm not sure it can be called that anymore, etc. etc.

+I don't want a gf that badly anyway

Recently got new furniture in my room too just 'cause my mom wanted it to look nicer. :]

I could maybe get a shit job and move into a shit apartment and look after myself eating shittier food but I don't see the point. If anything I'd get a job and save money for enough years that I could still have a decent standard of living.

And yeah, I've turned down some potentially decent job offers from people too but mentally I don't think I was ready for any serious occupation at those times.

how old are you?
Posted Image

#11 Brian_Emo

Brian_Emo
  • Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 10:27 AM

How can you not want the highest quality food? Eating is literally the second best thing in the world.
People like you really confuse me.

#12 Buglamp

Buglamp
  • Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 10:47 AM

View Post_Abulafia_, on 28 June 2013 - 10:23 AM, said:

how old are you?

D:

#13 Ayrasaurus

Ayrasaurus
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2379
  • LocationYorkshire mates

Posted 28 June 2013 - 10:52 AM

View Postysnakewoo, on 28 June 2013 - 08:16 AM, said:

I was thinking that

Posted Image

emotional

Posted Image

Thaya Ayra Omegatfwnogfboys2k15

#14 Ayrasaurus

Ayrasaurus
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 28 June 2013 - 11:04 AM

View PostFlexes92, on 28 June 2013 - 06:31 AM, said:

so i just finished school and i plan on getting a computer science bachelor next. I'm 21 and i think its about time to move out. I could use all life skill advice you can give me.

Depends on how much money you make. Don't move out until you have a good amount of cash saved up tbh because sometimes renting can be expensive, i had to spend like £600-700 on just furniture and crappy things like book shelves,desks and other things you just don't even think about before i could even move. Along with food costing £50-60+ a week if you don't want to eat shit you kind of need to have a ok cash flow to move. You never know when you will get fucked over even things like a PC breaking or anything random like a car problem/new mattress/washing machine breaking can be a serious pain in the arse when you don't live for "free" at home pretty much.

On the plus side it's 10x better and even if i made fuck all i would still live away from home as it changes you and you actually grow up, also i found my relationship with my parents improved alot when i wasn't in their hair all the time. Save up around 2 grand then move out imo even if it's renting a room or a whole house  i would say have a good amount in your bank before you do it as you never know when life will throw something at you.

For me living in the middle of England in a decent area in a 4 bedroom (renting with people) it costs around £250 a week for me and that includes food,bills,gym membership and other random crap. But if you move to a average area or somewhere that's not "too expensive" you could easily find a place where most your bills would come to £150 a week and if you rented a room with mates and live cheap you could probs drop it to £120 or so. Just keep in mind if you're renting a house or flat you'll have to fork out more for bills such as water/internet/electricity/tv license/council tax so if you're not making a good wage try find a room to rent.

But ye anyways do it as long as you know you can afford it. I'm the same age as you and moved out when i was 20 and it was the best thing i have ever done. (Sorry about the wall of text)

Edited by Ayrasaurus, 28 June 2013 - 11:12 AM.

Posted Image

emotional

Posted Image

#15 Nejim_Beshraavi

Nejim_Beshraavi
  • Members
  • LocationBetelgeuse

Posted 28 June 2013 - 11:31 AM

View PostBrian_Emo, on 28 June 2013 - 10:27 AM, said:

How can you not want the highest quality food? Eating is literally the second best thing in the world.
People like you really confuse me.

thats why i love coming home for the weekends, although i do try to cook good food.
Posted Image

#16 droolingmoron

droolingmoron
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 28 June 2013 - 11:54 AM

depends totally on where you want to study, if you wanna study in munich you are probably fucked, because its expensive plus there aren't even enough apartments for students.
Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muss man schweigen.

L.W.

#17 Flexes92

Flexes92
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Eredar
  • Blutdurst

Posted 28 June 2013 - 11:59 AM

View PostAyrasaurus, on 28 June 2013 - 11:04 AM, said:

Depends on how much money you make. Don't move out until you have a good amount of cash saved up tbh because sometimes renting can be expensive, i had to spend like £600-700 on just furniture and crappy things like book shelves,desks and other things you just don't even think about before i could even move. Along with food costing £50-60+ a week if you don't want to eat shit you kind of need to have a ok cash flow to move. You never know when you will get fucked over even things like a PC breaking or anything random like a car problem/new mattress/washing machine breaking can be a serious pain in the arse when you don't live for "free" at home pretty much.

On the plus side it's 10x better and even if i made fuck all i would still live away from home as it changes you and you actually grow up, also i found my relationship with my parents improved alot when i wasn't in their hair all the time. Save up around 2 grand then move out imo even if it's renting a room or a whole house  i would say have a good amount in your bank before you do it as you never know when life will throw something at you.

For me living in the middle of England in a decent area in a 4 bedroom (renting with people) it costs around £250 a week for me and that includes food,bills,gym membership and other random crap. But if you move to a average area or somewhere that's not "too expensive" you could easily find a place where most your bills would come to £150 a week and if you rented a room with mates and live cheap you could probs drop it to £120 or so. Just keep in mind if you're renting a house or flat you'll have to fork out more for bills such as water/internet/electricity/tv license/council tax so if you're not making a good wage try find a room to rent.

But ye anyways do it as long as you know you can afford it. I'm the same age as you and moved out when i was 20 and it was the best thing i have ever done. (Sorry about the wall of text)
england is so expensive ;O. in germany you can get a 70+ m² flat for around 300€/month including water and heating.

lunor said:

#18 Flexes92

Flexes92
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Eredar
  • Blutdurst

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:08 PM

View Postdroolingmoron, on 28 June 2013 - 11:54 AM, said:

depends totally on where you want to study, if you wanna study in munich you are probably fucked, because its expensive plus there aren't even enough apartments for students.
a friends i graduated with wants to attend the ETH in zurich. You have to pay like 1k€ for a small flat there. pretty fcking insane.

lunor said:

#19 Ayrasaurus

Ayrasaurus
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:08 PM

View PostFlexes92, on 28 June 2013 - 11:59 AM, said:

england is so expensive ;O. in germany you can get a 70+ m² flat for around 300€/month including water and heating.

Damn that is pretty cheap but ye i live in one of the nicer areas in my town and I'm around 10 miles outside of the 2nd city so that's why. You can find places alot cheaper for around £400-500 a month but it just depends on where you want to live. Get a friend to rent with you or a couple if you can having 3 people renting a house will end up being pretty cheap if you are worried about the price. Just make sure you have a few grand saved up before you move out.

Edited by Ayrasaurus, 28 June 2013 - 12:21 PM.

Posted Image

emotional

Posted Image

#20 Flexes92

Flexes92
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Eredar
  • Blutdurst

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:52 PM

View PostAyrasaurus, on 28 June 2013 - 12:08 PM, said:

Damn that is pretty cheap but ye i live in one of the nicer areas in my town and I'm around 10 miles outside of the 2nd city so that's why. You can find places alot cheaper for around £400-500 a month but it just depends on where you want to live. Get a friend to rent with you or a couple if you can having 3 people renting a house will end up being pretty cheap if you are worried about the price. Just make sure you have a few grand saved up before you move out.
i have a few grand saved up, but without working on the side i will only have 800€/month from the state loahns you get when you attend university. if i pay 300 for a flat including water and heating, 70 electricity and 30 internet i have 400 left for food and the stuff you need around the house. i mean i could always get a job on the side, the media agency i had an internship in offered me a part time job in webdesign multiple times. but honestly if i have to go to university + work i would rather just keep living at home for free. im lucky enough that there is a university in my home town so i dont necessarily HAVE to move out to attend university.

lunor said:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<