Monk keybind hotkey spells

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 inXile

inXile
  • Members

Posted 27 June 2013 - 06:33 PM

Hi all,

I am currently leveling a WW monk with a friend of mine and I have some questions regarding keybindings.

I have learned from past experiences that it is better to put spells where they will go at 90 as soon i get them while leveling, rather than placing them somewhere and then when I get more spells later, having to rearrange and relearn.

I use WASD to move (and dont really want to move those keys), I am comfortable reaching 1-6, r, f, t,f,g,v,c,x,z,~ with one hand, plus alt + any of the previous keys, middle mouse button, and side mouse button.

So my question to you other monks out there is, how do you bind your keys? Im trying to find a logical way to group them so that it is natural and the most frequently used keys are the easiest to reach.

Are there any spells that aren't really useful in PVP and shouldnt be bound?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

#2 Amex

Amex
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2187
  • 3v3: 2752

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:18 PM

Bind shift+1,2,3,4 etc?

#3 Covlol

Covlol
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Fury 0/2/1/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 1609
  • 3v3: 2413
  • 5v5: 2261
  • RBG: 1787

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:08 PM

i also use WASD to move, but i also have a razer naga. if you don't feel comfortable using a lot of the outer letters like b,g,t,v,r, and such then i really reccomend picking up a naga.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Lvl 1 Dk Legend Covlol

#4 Marshmellow

Marshmellow
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-The Forgotten Coast
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2026
  • 3v3: 2348
  • RBG: 960

Posted 28 June 2013 - 06:56 PM

I use 1-6, F1-F4, Q-T, F-H, Z-B, and then alt/shift/crtl modifiers of most of those, I also use a razer naga and the only thing I bind to it is trinket, auto run and my arena target 1,2,3 and focus 1,2,3 macros

#5 Syncrow

Syncrow
  • Premium
  • Curse Premium

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:18 AM

I'm using
  • A+D (for strafing) Mouse-Left/Right to move forward  giving me free space for W and S
  • F1-F5
  • 1-5
  • Q-T
  • S, F, G
  • X - V
  • Alt-Mod
  • Shift-Mod
  • MouseScroll Up/Down
  • Middle Mousebutton
  • Mousebtn 4 + 5
  • Mousebtn 4 + 5 with Alt + Shift mods
around 45 keybindings ~~

#6 Udderly

Udderly
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1918

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:15 PM

View PostinXile, on 27 June 2013 - 06:33 PM, said:

Hi all,

I am currently leveling a WW monk with a friend of mine and I have some questions regarding keybindings.

I have learned from past experiences that it is better to put spells where they will go at 90 as soon i get them while leveling, rather than placing them somewhere and then when I get more spells later, having to rearrange and relearn.

I use WASD to move (and dont really want to move those keys), I am comfortable reaching 1-6, r, f, t,f,g,v,c,x,z,~ with one hand, plus alt + any of the previous keys, middle mouse button, and side mouse button.

So my question to you other monks out there is, how do you bind your keys? Im trying to find a logical way to group them so that it is natural and the most frequently used keys are the easiest to reach.

Are there any spells that aren't really useful in PVP and shouldnt be bound?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Honestly, not much - the class is really well built so that just about everything has it's uses.  From using jade lightning when you're stuck in roots to keep a rogue from restealthing while he runs away to using your spinning crane kick to try and knock out a stealthed player.

I find matching similar spells to other characters works best - put your interrupt in the same spot, your cc and focus cc somehow matched up, spammable main spell (jab), filler spell (blackout kick), buff spell (tiger palm), burst cds (brew), frequent large dmg spell (RSK) in similiar spots to other toons.

GL and enjoy - WW is such a fun spec/class =)

#7 Tinh

Tinh
  • Members

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:49 PM

To free up keybindings, I now use QWE only to move. Strafe left, run forward, and strafe right. If I want to turn, I use the mouse.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Monk, keybind, hotkey, spells

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<