#22 fant0m8

fant0m8
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 24 June 2013 - 05:49 PM

yeah, i definitely like fervor, but i think toth vs. fervor is still a preference thing. i hate rng, so i use fervor. if you like passives/don't want more buttons, toth isn't a bad choice

I use Fervor on live (as both specs, but especially as BM), but something just occured to me.

TotH says it procs when you spend focus on a ranged attack. Currently on live I believe it can't proc on the Arcane Shots it gives because they are free (no focus is spent). However, in 5.4 Arcane Shot as MM even reduced by TotH will still cost focus. Does that mean you can proc TotH back to back, even on the reduced cost shots?
Bye again! This game isn't fun when you don't know anyone else that still plays.

#23 Haiyah

Haiyah
  • Premium
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/1/2/1/0
  • RBG: 576

Posted 24 June 2013 - 06:29 PM

it still procs from free Toth arcane shots on live. It proccs off the last charge.

#24 Pouncedd

Pouncedd
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-The Underbog
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Marksmanship 0/0/2/2/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 1425
  • 3v3: 2379
  • RBG: 1624
  • LocationOhio

Posted 24 June 2013 - 06:58 PM

Not really. Fervor gives you a total of 100 focus, and to your pet. It's on demand and can be used for at least the same amount of arcane shots or even tranq shots, aimed shots or chimera depending on your situation.

The timing of TotH is RNG and only saves you 60 focus (it's not completely free in 5.4) for 3 arcane shots only.

Fervor is still more than viable, especially as MM.

I can see this being more practical for optimal setup but You don't just get one Toth proc every 30 seconds you get 3 or more every 30 seconds so it's actually 180+ focus you save from taking the talent and overall more damage/pressure.

I guess it depends on what comp you run but The rotation I've been using is only using arcane shot when Toth his up on the PTR and only using focus on chimera/tranq/serp sting/Widow Venom and your bound to get Thrill prcos from them and it lets you steady shot less. Before too there were times I found myself at or near 100 focus and would have a Toth proc but it was more optimal to use abilities to dump focus so I don't stay capped but now that doesn't matter.
Twitch.tv/pounced for my stream

• Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Assassination 2/0/2/1/0/2/.
  • 2v2: 575

Posted 24 June 2013 - 07:36 PM

I use Fervor on live (as both specs, but especially as BM), but something just occured to me.

TotH says it procs when you spend focus on a ranged attack. Currently on live I believe it can't proc on the Arcane Shots it gives because they are free (no focus is spent). However, in 5.4 Arcane Shot as MM even reduced by TotH will still cost focus. Does that mean you can proc TotH back to back, even on the reduced cost shots?

yes, toth can proc off its own reduced arcane shots

here's a ridiculous clip of a guy trying out the new raiding 2pc (12s off rapid fire cd every time you multi or arcane shot): http://www.twitch.tv/tajit/b/419854069

i think he just uses toth, arcane, and occasionally cobra, and he said at some point that his longest downtime without rapid fire was 18 seconds lol

#26 Pouncedd

Pouncedd
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-The Underbog
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Marksmanship 0/0/2/2/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 1425
  • 3v3: 2379
  • RBG: 1624
  • LocationOhio

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:07 AM

yes, toth can proc off its own reduced arcane shots

here's a ridiculous clip of a guy trying out the new raiding 2pc (12s off rapid fire cd every time you multi or arcane shot): http://www.twitch.tv/tajit/b/419854069

i think he just uses toth, arcane, and occasionally cobra, and he said at some point that his longest downtime without rapid fire was 18 seconds lol

HAHA this is great going to be using 2pc in pvp for sure you'll have burst up every 30 seconds lol.
Twitch.tv/pounced for my stream

• Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Assassination 2/0/2/1/0/2/.
  • 2v2: 575

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:54 AM

i think it will be nerfed before it goes live, it's way way way too good for a 2pc even for pve

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: MM, Aimed shot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<