• Curse Sites
Help

Tweetin' Holinka with some Mage changes. Thoughts?

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 Maticzor

Maticzor
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Skullcrusher
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2

Posted 24 June 2013 - 04:42 AM

Can we get more people to +rep this guy, I really like the armor changes and I don't see why they wouldn't implement it as it won't affect pve at all and make mage gameplay more dynamic and fun. There is so much room for creativity but it seems like they are holding back on big changes for another expansion, so I don't see these changes happening in mop. One thing they should do though is revert the mastery change, it just kills the spec and its a step toward the wrong direction.

#22 Alexandrius

Alexandrius

Posted 24 June 2013 - 07:52 AM

I have an easy solution for right here, right now.

Make a damage threshold for deepfreeze to break. Solves the problem with people getting killed in a deep cuz you can just tune it how you want.   say, 200k dmg in a deep breaks it, or 300k or 150k whatever, just do that and it won't affect our shatters we have to time on pet novas.

#23 nikolas

nikolas
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Fire

Posted 24 June 2013 - 08:06 AM

View PostSwagimusprime, on 24 June 2013 - 07:52 AM, said:

I have an easy solution for right here, right now.

Make a damage threshold for deepfreeze to break. Solves the problem with people getting killed in a deep cuz you can just tune it how you want.   say, 200k dmg in a deep breaks it, or 300k or 150k whatever, just do that and it won't affect our shatters we have to time on pet novas.

Game will still be shit, people will still die in deeps because how bursty Frost Bomb is and mages will still be poorly designed. GEGE?

#24 Icekingx

Icekingx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/0/2
  • RBG: 2351

Posted 24 June 2013 - 08:26 AM

Still vote we remove bombs go back to casting Frostbolt followed up by icelance. I really hope they don't keep this mastery change it just means we have to play fire or arcane cause whats the point of being frost if only icelance & FFB do shatter damage remove frostbolt from bars orbs good for fingers still I guess. I don't think mastery should be touched @ all I think deep should have a breaking point that sounds good imo I really want them to make Deepfreeze a frost ONLY SPELL. Cause if were all going to stop playing frost and go arcane/fire people still going to Q_Q about dying in deeps when someone is unloading pyros into them or any arcane damage.

Rawrbertlol, on 14 June 2013 - 08:41 AM, said:

Best signatures on entire website.
Posted Image

#25 Alexandrius

Alexandrius

Posted 24 June 2013 - 01:02 PM

View Postnikolas, on 24 June 2013 - 08:06 AM, said:

Game will still be shit, people will still die in deeps because how bursty Frost Bomb is and mages will still be poorly designed. GEGE?
I agree but since we can all probably agree they won't be changing our entire bomb-playstyle any time soon, it's a compromise right?  I really don't want to lose the frostbolt shatter all together.

#26 averuki

averuki
  • Junkies

Posted 24 June 2013 - 02:02 PM

Deep having a breaking point seems really dumb. Deep is actually dispellable and requires target to be frozen to use it (not saying its hard to get fof procs : P). Why should any stun have a breaking point. Stun should be the only CC ability that doesnt break on damage. They just added too many stuns to the game and too many abilities that you can use while stunned. Also most frost mages orb their deep which actually increases damage from orb but it doesnt increase damage from lances that much cause they are mostly spaming fof lances from orb into that deep.

#27 Affect

Affect
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:54 PM

Mage dmg is the most predictable burst in the game, especially as frost bomb. Everything can be dispelled, purged, or is visually obvious. I honestly do not get the point of these changes ahead.

#28 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:56 PM

View Postnikolas, on 24 June 2013 - 08:06 AM, said:

Lol

View Postjustchecking, on 10 November 2014 - 11:58 PM, said:

Going to blizzcon looking for a fight is like going to the official wow arena forums for pvp advice :)

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

#29 dreschnuu99

dreschnuu99
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/2/0/2/1
  • RBG: 2346

Posted 24 June 2013 - 04:13 PM

View PostAffect, on 24 June 2013 - 03:54 PM, said:

Mage dmg is the most predictable burst in the game, especially as frost bomb. Everything can be dispelled, purged, or is visually obvious. I honestly do not get the point of these changes ahead.

destro
Posted Image

#30 Affect

Affect
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 24 June 2013 - 04:39 PM

View Postdreschnuu99, on 24 June 2013 - 04:13 PM, said:

destro

well played :(

#31 watchmepwn

watchmepwn
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Talnivarr
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Frost 1/2/0/2/2/2/.
  • 2v2: 2184
  • 3v3: 2880
  • 5v5: 2354
  • RBG: 768

Posted 24 June 2013 - 05:24 PM

View PostUdderly, on 23 June 2013 - 05:14 PM, said:

You need to consider that he is speaking from a new expansion perspective.  So he's talking about a game that the devs have already said is going to move to much fewer instant ccs and less interrupts to promote casting.  

OT - great post OP and i agree with a lot of this.  Really well thought out.

I don't think we are gonna see an expansion where they downgrade the amount of cc and interrupts.
PVP section says more casting, less interrupts.
PVE section says more instants, more fun for pve bosses instead of boring rotation(s).

Thats the problem.

#32 Udderly

Udderly
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1918

Posted 24 June 2013 - 05:47 PM

View Postwatchmepwn, on 24 June 2013 - 05:24 PM, said:

I don't think we are gonna see an expansion where they downgrade the amount of cc and interrupts.
PVP section says more casting, less interrupts.
PVE section says more instants, more fun for pve bosses instead of boring rotation(s).

Thats the problem.

They have literally said more times than I can count (GC and Holinka both) that they don't like the game with so much instant cc and so many interrupts and want to move back to casting in a new expansion.  So I'm solely talking about what's actually been said, not what I think.

#33 watchmepwn

watchmepwn
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Talnivarr
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Frost 1/2/0/2/2/2/.
  • 2v2: 2184
  • 3v3: 2880
  • 5v5: 2354

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:09 PM

View PostUdderly, on 24 June 2013 - 05:47 PM, said:

They have literally said more times than I can count (GC and Holinka both) that they don't like the game with so much instant cc and so many interrupts and want to move back to casting in a new expansion.  So I'm solely talking about what's actually been said, not what I think.

They are saying that for ages and nothing is changing is it? Everytime our class (mage) gets proc depended more. The reason a ICELANCE still hits higher then a CASTED FROSTBOLT pretty much sums up who is in charge of the class design. (its not the people that want less instants).

So I would say KEEP THE INSTANTS UP!!
I hate to play it, but start buffing the casting again when the interrupts are removed (remove silence shot from hunters, rets should not have an interrupt, warriors should only have 1, dk should have 1, enhance have 1)

#34 Emophia

Emophia
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Chromaggus
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Blood

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:09 AM

^ They will never remove interrupts from any ferals/rets for pve reasons.

#35 kannetixx

kannetixx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Fire
  • LocationFlorida yee

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:04 AM

View Postdreschnuu99, on 24 June 2013 - 04:13 PM, said:

destro

mage forum.
US-Kel'Thuzad - Kannetix

http://www.anook.com/kannetix

www.twitch.tv/kannetix - Gladiator Mage Stream follow me and see when i go live!

#36 Udderly

Udderly
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1918

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:36 PM

View Postwatchmepwn, on 25 June 2013 - 10:09 PM, said:

They are saying that for ages and nothing is changing is it? Everytime our class (mage) gets proc depended more. The reason a ICELANCE still hits higher then a CASTED FROSTBOLT pretty much sums up who is in charge of the class design. (its not the people that want less instants).

So I would say KEEP THE INSTANTS UP!!
I hate to play it, but start buffing the casting again when the interrupts are removed (remove silence shot from hunters, rets should not have an interrupt, warriors should only have 1, dk should have 1, enhance have 1)

Alright I'll just make this very clear, then you can just continue to disagree if you like - no skin off my back.

This expac, twitter has exploded with dev talk for the first time.  Holinka has come out and become a voice for pvp from Blizzard.  GC tweets all day long.  They are literally putting up quotes of things that they plan to do before they do them very often.  This isn't some 'i read once that Blizzard thinks...' kind of thing.  There are literally numerous twitter posts about how GC and Holinka want to move the next expac into more casting and less interrupts because they think it's too instant right now.  You can disagree all you want, I'm just sharing facts with you friend.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<